Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

MY97 exterior facelift parts?

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2000, 10:31 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the MY97 (i.e facelifted) front end bits (lights, bonnet and grill) for MY93 WRX.

Anybody know where i can get these cheaply (used or new) and anybody had any experience doing this modification.

I know that its fairly straight forward to fit the parts but the location of the intercooler worries me. Prefacelift they are mounted at an angle and a part of the intake directs air to cool the turbo. Is it possibly to take the plastic ducting off the bonnet and fit it to a facelift bonnet to achieve the correct flow of air?

Any suggestions, prices, experiences gratefully recieved.

Tone.
Old 17 May 2000, 01:16 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Tone,

after all those hip-hop records you sold in the 90's I thought you'd have yourself a brand new P1

There are quite a few people on the BBS that have done this conversion (do a search for "facelift").

You can get the bits you're after (including the interior stuff on the other thread) from various breakers, such as:

Grade A -
Old 17 May 2000, 01:23 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers Andy,

I think i'm going to follow you and spend the money elsewhere and increase the performance rather than the looks, that is what the cars are all about I guess.

About the records, i've not had a hit in years. Spent all my money livin' la vida loca and had to settle for a MY93 WRX.

Ah well, maybe a hits around the corner and i can go a get a 22B.

Tone.
Old 17 May 2000, 02:18 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Tone,

As you say, performance is what the car's about. I think it's worth spending money to make the driving 'enjoyable'. If the interior is getting you down then new seats and steering wheel are worth the money - after it's the bits that you're in contact with. Not too sure what the suspension is like on your WRX, but new AR bar, brakes and spring/dampers will make the car feel better than even the latest cars (P1 excepted)

Anyway, hope you have fun,

Peace,

AndyP
Old 17 May 2000, 02:29 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cool

Andy,

I've got myself a lovely Momo wheel, had it now for nearly 7 years, and am thinking of ditching the Nardi gearknob for a Momo one. Which one did you fit as i too want it to rock!

Thinking about getting some Eibach's fro the suspension side of things. Just lately there seems to be a lot of people raving about them.

Anyway, peace out

Tone.
Old 17 May 2000, 04:40 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Yo Tone,

it's okay, Momo **** stops rocking after tightening up grub screws. Now it rules!
Got the round leather one with the silver coloured cap from Halfords.

I've got Eibach springs too, which was part of the Prodrive suspension pack. Not really been raving with them - more of an R&B, Hip-hop person myself.

later,

Andy