Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 1999, 09:04 PM
SPIPE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 96 N which has a subaru panasonic stereo unit which doesnt have the removable front. Subaru apparently donot supply a cd player which is compatable with this model. Can I use any other?
Old 06 August 1999, 10:24 PM
Mike Owen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One solution (maybe not what you want though). Alpine used to do a "CD Changer Control System" (ref no. 1203). This is what I use. This gives you full remote control of the CD player (obviously an Alpine unit) but also takes in your speaker level outputs from your radio cassette. You do need external amplification though. Gives you a very neat LED control panel and a little remote control.

A number of manufacturers also do a unit that allows you to connect your CD player to your radio. You then tune one of the radio stations to the right frequency and Bobs your Uncle. Though the quality is not as good as the first option. As you are fiddling with the pre amp level output of the CD player and then amplifying it (not a very technical explanation!).

Hope this is of some help.