Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

51 Plate WRX Console bits wanted

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2005, 08:45 PM
System-G
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 51 Plate WRX Console bits wanted

Hi guys and girls.

I am a relative newbie to Scoobynet (posts wise) and the other half of a Terzo owner.

I install stereos part time for a well known autofactors (*cough* Halfrauds *cough*). Today I damaged my first car (after doing this for 6 months) by scratching a climate control ****. Obviously when the owner returned to his car, I imediatly told him and offered to replace it for him. He phone the store after getting home saying that I had also scratched his facia. I know nothing of this, although had seen a number of nicks and scuffs on the centre console where someone had previously tried to remove the stereo. But am still prepared to take his word for it and replace the item for him

Any ways, I am after:
* The smaller control **** out of the three in the centre position.
* Centre console surround/facia panel in silver that has the climate control switches on it.

All items can be seen in the pic:

Any help appreciated! SystymG@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 02 April 2005, 08:56 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

i think i have that somewhere, what do you want to spend on it?
Old 04 April 2005, 11:56 AM
System-G
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by banny sti
i think i have that somewhere, what do you want to spend on it?
Not too bothered on costs as long as it's reasonable. Halfords will be re-imbursing me as we are covered for this sort of damage on their insurance. Halfords, naturally will be contacting a main dealer for pricing of new bits too.

The owner came into the store again yesterday to have something else checked out (nothing to do with my carelessness) and I got a chance to look at the other scratch. It's not on the stereo surround (centre console facia), but on the smaller rectangular piece of plastic next to the cup holder that opens out above the surround piece.

What would you be looking at price wise for the **** and the other bit?

Cheers!
Old 05 April 2005, 05:07 PM
System-G
Scooby Newbie

Still looking for the two bits as shown in the photo below. I don't need the stereo surround - just the centre **** and the plastic piece next to the drinks holder.

Old 05 April 2005, 07:52 PM
Bully3176
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by System-G
Still looking for the two bits as shown in the photo below. I don't need the stereo surround - just the centre **** and the plastic piece next to the drinks holder.

Hi mate
I think you will find that you may have to purchase the whole climate control as its all one unit? I dont think the **** come off? Any way I have a climate unit from that age of car? If that helps? The other part is also a whole unit it unscrews from the heater vents and the hazards switch but incorporates the vent surrounds? IM charge a lot for these bits???

Mark
Old 05 April 2005, 10:13 PM
System-G
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Bully3176
Hi mate
I think you will find that you may have to purchase the whole climate control as its all one unit? I dont think the **** come off? Any way I have a climate unit from that age of car? If that helps? The other part is also a whole unit it unscrews from the heater vents and the hazards switch but incorporates the vent surrounds? IM charge a lot for these bits???

Mark
The ***** do come off as you need to remove them to remove the stereo surround to replace the standard double-din head unit or do other work behind the console facia. It was while I was removing the centre **** that I accidently scratched it.

Can you please PM me pricing for the two bits?

Thanks
Old 09 April 2005, 07:59 PM
System-G
Scooby Newbie

Bump.

Still after the bits in the last photo if anyone can help...