Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

I want a FRST anyone got a decent one?

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2003, 09:14 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Anyone got or know of a fiesta turbo going for sale? Please let me know at vickicottis@hotmail.com
Thanks
Old 11 August 2003, 12:44 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Try loggin onto www.passionford.com or www.fiestaturbo.co.uk and you'll get the pick of FRST's for sale... From memory there are a coupld for sale at the moment on Passionford!!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 11 August 2003, 09:20 AM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers Grant, Ive had a look on there. Its just I know how well Scooby people look after their cars and I didnt know if anyone had one as a second car that they wanted to sell. I really want one in mint condition and there are so many crappers out there its unbelievable.
Old 13 August 2003, 12:54 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

BTTT cause I saw what looked like a genuine advert on Passionford for a mint red FRST... I pointed the guy in the direction of this Wanted Area!!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 13 August 2003, 01:03 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Cool

V1CK1, I have one as a second car, unfortunaly it's not for sale. Genuine 39000miles, modded chromed engine but totally mint no rust, 2 magazine features, owned by me for last 12 years. Let me know if you need any advise.
Nigel.
Old 13 August 2003, 01:10 PM
James_Lunt
Scooby Regular

things to look out for are the fact that they rust along the bottom underside (allong both sills) around the filler cap (starts under the pannel and works out wards :'( so can always tell!)and also under the body kit round the arches are the main points!

you can tell if it has had the filler cap repaired in most cases, by slightly diff shade of paint or it not looking quite right.. this will just rust again within a couple of months.. the only way to cure is to put a new panel on!

also make sure it has been regularly serviced with quaklity oil put in.. if not your asking for trouble!

if ya need any more help or info just give us a shout! oh and if you are really interested in getting one sign up to fiestaturbo.com loads of freindly pl who are always happy to offer help (or try in some cases! lol)
Old 13 August 2003, 04:23 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

http://240plan.ovh.net/~passionf/for...ic.php?t=11584

Here we go... I should be getting a fee here with all the work I am doing!! lol

Cheers,
Grant

Trending Topics

Old 13 August 2003, 10:54 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers grant, if i'm successful I'll be well chuffed and will post a piccie for all to see.
Thanks for everyones advice. As usual subaru owners come up trumps.
Speak to you all soon
Vicki
Old 14 August 2003, 08:36 PM
James_Lunt
Scooby Regular

oi i own a fiesta turbo not a scooby :P stop insulting my taste in cars
Old 14 August 2003, 08:54 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

did you go see the black one Vic ?

Old 14 August 2003, 11:09 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry no ofence James, but surely if you could afford it you would choose a Subaru over a fiesta? If not them I am truly sorry but I would every day og the week.
Old 14 August 2003, 11:16 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

PJ, oooops I mean PG, only kidding matey. Went to Heathrow from Essex, Couple hours in the car for a car which looked clean until we delved a bit deeper. Seems it may have been not what it was meant to be when it started well at least not on the plates it had! Waste of time, I was a pi55ed off really. Went to see a red one tonight which is in good condition, but I think it is well over priced. Up for £4,500. Had lots of respraying done and some rust bubbling. I would expect A1 for that amount. I probably wouldnt offer more than 3,250 as its not much better than some ive seen at 2k so I might as well buy one and sort it out myself with the extra money I save. Im going to get my mate to come with me as he knows all about the engines, chasis etc. There is another one in Kent which Ill probably try to see at the weekend.
Thinking I may have to get an 1800 instead and poodle around. I just love the look of them and there seem to be a lot more in better condition as they are newer.
Speak soon.

If anyone knows of either a FRST OR 1800 for sale, please let me know.
Thanks guys
Old 15 August 2003, 09:26 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Still looking, keep seeing dogs! One on my shortlist but definitely overpriced.
Old 15 August 2003, 10:58 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

P!sser
As I said, these things in good nick are like hens teeth! and as such there is usualy a premium attached

Dont give up though
Old 15 August 2003, 10:59 PM
James_Lunt
Scooby Regular

vicky - i was jokin hun!! calm down!

i would very much like a scooby... but i WOULDNT have it instead of the fiesta tho... wont get rid of mine ever! just for the efort and hassel that has gon into it and the fact ive poured soo much money into it i'de never get half of it back!

another thing to remember tho... te book price is way out for things like a fiesta turbo.. even more so with mint ones! ppl will pay way over the book proce for mint ones.. unfortunatly not all insurance companies realise this!
Old 16 August 2003, 11:31 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Red face

James, Im a feisty one me ha ha.

PG, We went to see one tonight which is way over budget but promising if he will come down. Fingers crossed for me.

Im going to Donnington tomorrow so I will be able to check out all the others and make a decision. When I get one, ill be asking you to post piccies of her for me unless you tell me how to do it myself.
Speak soon
Vicki
Old 18 August 2003, 04:59 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Well normally you can use an uploader...

But everyone that people start to use cant cope with the traffic and ends up crashing (Fotopic, Photobucket, etc...) so the best way is to use your own webspace, I get 20mb free with my AOL account so I just use that, if the pics arent too big then you can get LOADS onto your webspace!!

Cheers,
Grant

*P.S - Being an RS Owner myself, I am keeping an eye on this thread!!*
Old 19 August 2003, 08:37 AM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Cool

Went to Donington to find a car, no success there were only a couple of FRST's there. Only saw one for sale. Everyone else who has a decent one wants to keep it. No suprise there! The search continues. Going to Harlow and Chelmsford tonight, I will have covered the country soon. I saw a nice one in Stevanage but it was quite modded, running 190 at the wheels (toned down), I'd never get insurance but it was the cleanest so far so top of my list.
Any help always appreciated.
Watch this space i'll keep you all up to date with my cross country search.
Old 19 August 2003, 08:43 AM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

RS GRANT, I checked out that one you said about and took a look. It wasnt bad, buthad a lot of little things which made it only ok. It also rattled like hell, I think he will have to drop his price before he gets an offer from anyone, it is no 2 on my list as it is quite standard but the one in Stevanage is so well looked after you can tell he loves her, spotless inside and out, but the electric windows are slow! definitely buggered but get there in the end, the rear seats are coming away probably easily enough fixed, but main concern is that the Speedo is broken. Dont know how easy that is sto sort and how much it would cost?