Notices

UK forester plans .

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2014, 03:28 PM
alex slane
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UK forester plans .

I guys after careful though and consideration , with my mrs expecting out little girls In April that it would be a better option to go for a forester .
I have seen one and by the looks on things hopefully I can pick it up on the weekend .
I noticed that the power is lower than the impreza and yet it's the same block and head .
What would be the best options to hike the power up on it and also is there any direct parts that will fit from a wrx engine that will fit on to mine .
Thanks for your time in advance and look forward to hearing from you guys ,
Chris
Old 08 January 2014, 03:46 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Alex,
Good choice.
Depending on MY the interior will look very familar to a V3 onwards Impreza. Many parts are interchangeable and many are a straight swap from the GC Chassis Impreza, especially the interior, wheels, brakes engine etc. Bloody reliable, undertuned and easily modded. This could be a real sleeper if you get it right.
Here's a top site to look at. I found a huge amount of good info when I had my MY 04 Foggy STi.

http://www.subaruforester.org/

http://www.torque-gt.co.uk/car_detai...&productId=687#

Is it an S Turbo? Is it an auto? Pictures?

I may still have a six disc Subaru Double DIN unit from my Foggy somewhere (and a flat cap).
There was one at Rally Day and it was absolutely blasting it's way around the track.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 08 January 2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08 January 2014, 05:40 PM
alex slane
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply mate , that's exactly what I'm looking for is a sleeper that has the comfort of a family vehicle .
I will check out the links , it's seems that digging around in the net there very popular In America and plenty of styling options to look at .
What I would like to do is
1. Lower the foggy to give a meaningful stance ( the standard height just don't cut it for me ) , ideas from you guys would be welcome on how to do this ?
2. De clutter body work ( de badge )
3. Wheels - something like rota grids , been on flea bay and I've seen a lovely pair of copy styled wheels for £409 without rubber
4. Seats ( front ) replace the standard seats for a nice set of from a impreza .
5. Engine - power options as you have mentioned most of the parts are interchangeable so probably turbo and map .
6. Exhaust - now on the sale the cars current owner has fitted a stainless ( not sure what though ) so maybe a nice cobra system .

Oh and yes the foggy is a auto is this going to be a problem ?

Here is the link .
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3

Thanks for taking the time out and information

Chris
Old 08 January 2014, 05:59 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by alex slane
Thanks for the reply mate , that's exactly what I'm looking for is a sleeper that has the comfort of a family vehicle .
I will check out the links , it's seems that digging around in the net there very popular In America and plenty of styling options to look at .
What I would like to do is
1. Lower the foggy to give a meaningful stance ( the standard height just don't cut it for me ) , ideas from you guys would be welcome on how to do this ?
2. De clutter body work ( de badge )
3. Wheels - something like rota grids , been on flea bay and I've seen a lovely pair of copy styled wheels for £409 without rubber
4. Seats ( front ) replace the standard seats for a nice set of from a impreza .
5. Engine - power options as you have mentioned most of the parts are interchangeable so probably turbo and map .
6. Exhaust - now on the sale the cars current owner has fitted a stainless ( not sure what though ) so maybe a nice cobra system .

Oh and yes the foggy is a auto is this going to be a problem ?

Here is the link .
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3

Thanks for taking the time out and information

Chris
As it's an auto mapping is a tad more difficult. You'll need to speak to a good respected mapper for the best option to you. Not sure if the auto STi ECU's will swap straight in. I think Enduring Solutions via Race Dynamix can help.

The second link should give some inspiration to the exterior and where you can go but I think normal but hidden wolf is the way to go.

It's the later Phase 2 engine so is a bit more robust too. I don't think it's got 4 pots on the front but they are well worth thinking about. Thicker ARB's will help the lean and 16/17's will help the visuals. KYB AGX and some STi springs where pretty good on my old STi and could be firmed up at the flick of a wrist when needed, coilovers may annoy the kids and wife.

The dash should look very familiar as it's straight out of a V3/1998 onwards Impreza, sadly the UK heater/AC but there are many pods choices to replace the top cubby for Gauges.

Anyway just some sensible advice from someone who's been to Foggy land.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 08 January 2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08 January 2014, 11:08 PM
alex slane
Scooby Regular

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...058161&page=22

Ok great , I understand that impreza shocks and springs seem to direct fit is that correct ?
As you can see from above this is the sort of styling that I am going to be going for , low sleek and sleeper , love the whole fat backside slammed look .

With mapping the car as well would any of the drivetrain need updating at all , to take the extra power .

One last thing , can't for the life of me find the correct performance specs ? I know it's lower on power but how much .

Thanks
Chris .
Old 09 January 2014, 06:29 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by alex slane
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...058161&page=22

Ok great , I understand that impreza shocks and springs seem to direct fit is that correct ?
As you can see from above this is the sort of styling that I am going to be going for , low sleek and sleeper , love the whole fat backside slammed look .

With mapping the car as well would any of the drivetrain need updating at all , to take the extra power .

One last thing , can't for the life of me find the correct performance specs ? I know it's lower on power but how much .

Thanks
Chris .
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/review...r/estate-1997/
Old 15 January 2014, 01:48 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Those parkers specs are not correct for an S-turbo. They say 123bhp, its 168bhp.

The ad is not availble on autotrader now. Did you buy it?