Notices

Opinions please?

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2013, 08:07 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinions please?

Evening all hopefully in a few weeks I will have a decision to make and would like your thoughts on what you may do. I currently have a classic turbo 2000 running around 330bhp and in a few weeks may have around 5-6k to spend, do I go to the next level mods wise on my classic or buy a newer model impreza sti or similar. If the latter what model would you all suggest I buy and also how much bhp would the newer model needy I have to be as quick as my classic. Thanks in advance for any replys I receive as I really am struggling what to do.
Old 07 May 2013, 09:46 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Now that is a difficult question! Personally i would get a newage car rather than plough 6k into a classic. Its always a labour of love but spending so much on a classic wont see any money back if you chose to change in 18 months. So with your classic i would imagine you have about 10k to spend? A budget like that could get you into all sorts of metal.
Mint blob Sti
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...40hy?logcode=p
WR1
impreza/make/subaru/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1501/page/2/keywords/sti/postcode/cf440hy?logcode=p
Hawk Sti
Hatch Sti

All depends what you really want from it.........
Old 08 May 2013, 08:34 AM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Drive a Newage car first and see if its what you want, if I was to get a Newage from having my Type R it would certainly be a Spec C

Alternatively, sell the Turbo 2000 and buy a clean Type R and keep it as nice classics are few and far between and will be worth strong money in the future
Old 09 May 2013, 07:24 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Was hoping for a better response if I'm being honest to help me make up my mind but maybe not.
Old 09 May 2013, 08:13 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all depends what and how you want to use the car.

If performance then like merv said, spec c. If sport luxury then i'd go for a hawk sti.
Old 10 May 2013, 06:54 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GONZO01
Was hoping for a better response if I'm being honest to help me make up my mind but maybe not.
To be honest we need more to go on. Are you planning big mods in future? Do you want a car for road and track or just daily driving? What is your budget?

I have to be honest my money would go on a newage car and probably a hawk Sti with exhaust and remap which should see around 320hp and even more torque and leave it at that.
If you want big power then a blob Sti either spec C as merv has already said or a JDM as there seem to be a few out there in the 10k price bracket.
To be honest the hatch Sti worries me a little due to the stories of engine problems but the look i find has grown on me.
If you want exclusive then there are plenty of good WR1s out there and they seem to hold money quite well.
The real trouble is there is so much choice!!
Old 10 May 2013, 10:28 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GONZO01
Bad manners that fella, no need.

Only you know the answer. There's plenty of helpful folk in here, who are very busy and don't always get time to give detailed long posts. You said yourself you have a few weeks to decide, so be patient and people might give you some of they're time. Failing that pop to a monthly meet and ask for advice, you'll get a lot more answers and maybe the response you require.

R