Notices

Dim dash clock

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2013, 04:45 PM
scoobygems
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dim dash clock

Never though i'd say it but wish I had a bright switch in the scoob at the moment

The clock on the Scoob has been acting a little strange recently and i'm stumped as to why. Its not a major issue just an inconvienience for me as I work on a just in time approach in getting to work in the morning so rely on the clock to make sure i get to work on time.

A week last saturday the clock on the dash had disappeared but on closer inspection it was still there just very faint. It is keeping time no problem its just you can't see the clock unless you look very closely.

It is also acting very strange as sometimes it will suddenly appear half way through a journey and stay visible until you turn the car off and other times it will go for days being very faint then you start the car in the morning and its back bright again.

Anyone have any idea's why it would be doing this?

Is there a bulb behind the clock bit which could have come loose or an electrical contact become a bit dodgy so if i hit a bump or turn a corner a bit quick its breaking the contact?
Old 05 April 2013, 04:53 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a bulb Gem, remove the clocks and replace it, very simple, mine went and took 10mins to change