Notices

How Much?

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2012, 03:10 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How Much?

Im gettin rid of the car. Due to my current circumstances i can no longer afford keeping the car and building it to the level i wanted to. So how much would it be worth?

Its a 1997 P WRX Import. The engine is good with no rattles, estimated milage is around 40k as it was relatively new when i had it off MattBr5 on here. Car is completely stripped out including soundproof,interior trim ect. Would make an excellent track build for someone.

Only down side is a leak on the gearbox which cant be traced. Also the clutch is fubard due to the oil leak. Lots of bits to go with it aswell icluding Whiteline front ARB,repainted 4 pots and discs (unsure of condition of seals,pistons ect) 2x Sabelt bucket seats and 4 point harnesses. Snap off steering wheel,Japspeed quickshift kit with nylon gear ****, flocked dash and genuine RA roof flap. Probably more but just after an idea. Would like to sell whole with all the bits.

The car.

Old 07 June 2012, 05:02 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

You say the mileage is £40k, is that whole car or just engine?

Not being an STi I can't see it going for more than £2k unfortunately.
Old 07 June 2012, 05:15 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So with the clutch gone it's a non-runner ? Not on ASKMID so I guess it's not insured / MOT / Taxed

Few hundred quid really as the market is a bit limited for non-running track day toys

Shaun
Old 07 June 2012, 06:13 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CREWJ
You say the mileage is £40k, is that whole car or just engine?

Not being an STi I can't see it going for more than £2k unfortunately.
Just the engine mate
Originally Posted by Midlife......
So with the clutch gone it's a non-runner ? Not on ASKMID so I guess it's not insured / MOT / Taxed

Few hundred quid really as the market is a bit limited for non-running track day toys

Shaun
Clutch is slipping so can be driven but the oil leak on the gearbox is quite big so wouldnt suggest it gets driven. It has MOT but it is currently SORN.
Old 07 June 2012, 06:26 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worth more as parts Calv
Old 07 June 2012, 06:30 PM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Strip it calv, I made more than it was worth as a whole car when I did mine.
Old 07 June 2012, 06:53 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

I know guys but dont have the room to strip it down. Just want it gone ASAP.
Old 07 June 2012, 07:29 PM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Neither did I have the room. Needs must and all that. Good luck which ever way you go.
Old 07 June 2012, 07:36 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Get it fixed!!
You`ll never get the value of it back, so its strip or keep.

Also lower your standards a bit, its fine for use now as long as you fit a second hand box and new clutch. Its easy to lose faith in something when its not used, but get it done and sorted. And your smile will come back.
Old 07 June 2012, 07:52 PM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

I got a clutch plate here from mine. Done 5k or so.
Old 07 June 2012, 07:54 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Sorry you're thinking of parting with it Calv - but good luck Mate ;(
Old 07 June 2012, 07:56 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R1CH D
I got a clutch plate here from mine. Done 5k or so.
Found the leak then too if the clutch is fudged cos of it, the input shaft seal. But your better off keeping the box for spares, and fitting a new one.
Old 07 June 2012, 11:05 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Unfortunately calv, like the others have said, if you sell it as complete, you may get £500 to £1k tops.

Would be better to split it. Engine £500, shell £700 ish. Brakes £200, harnesses £150ish, diff £30, gearbox as is £50/75, wheels £150/250 and then any other bits you have
Old 08 June 2012, 11:46 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbob
Get it fixed!!
You`ll never get the value of it back, so its strip or keep.

Also lower your standards a bit, its fine for use now as long as you fit a second hand box and new clutch. Its easy to lose faith in something when its not used, but get it done and sorted. And your smile will come back.
Ive lost my job so spending money on it is not an option.
Old 08 June 2012, 11:47 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matscooby
Unfortunately calv, like the others have said, if you sell it as complete, you may get £500 to £1k tops.

Would be better to split it. Engine £500, shell £700 ish. Brakes £200, harnesses £150ish, diff £30, gearbox as is £50/75, wheels £150/250 and then any other bits you have
I know Mat but i dont have the mechanical knowledge,skill,tools or space to strip bits. Just going to have to get what i can for it.
Old 08 June 2012, 02:07 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx287
I know Mat but i dont have the mechanical knowledge,skill,tools or space to strip bits. Just going to have to get what i can for it.
Calvin you really shouldn't let people know that,as they will pick you off as an easy target,and you will get ripped off....

if I had £20.00 spare I would come and get it....
Old 08 June 2012, 02:41 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drive
Calvin you really shouldn't let people know that,as they will pick you off as an easy target,and you will get ripped off....

if I had £20.00 spare I would come and get it....
The only way your gonna make any money is stripping it, as you`ll get breakers offering you a pittance for it, and make their money by stripping it.

My advise comes in 3.

Strip it yourself - (not hard, but you`ll be left with loads of bits and hassle).
Leave it where it is - (and decide later fix or strip)
Sell as it is - (and make a massive loss)

But me I`d leave it where it is until I`ve enough to change the box, as thats all thats wrong with it, so if you decided to sell you`d get more than the £200 back that you`d spend out on a box.
Old 08 June 2012, 04:51 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

Hi Calv im gutted your feeling like this mate, i would hold off if you can you will be gutted, alot of us have been where you are now i know the easy option seems to be get shot for what you can get but you will only buy another one once you have another job which you will get. in haist people do things they later regret and i think you will. remember at the meet you me and matt were going to do some track days together. if i was you i would leave the car be for a month or so and focus on finding a new job they are out there you just got to search for them and try things that knowbody else is doing like approaching companies and doing a day for free and showing what youve got.
Or try your luck be brave and start your own business, there is no better time mate theres lots of help and plenty of money on offer from the government to help you. Keep it and me and you can have a play on the track in a few months.

as for not having the know how to fix, thats why you are on scoobynet, there is a welth of knowladge on here and iv never been let down with help, this place is the biggest group of freinds iv ever experianced. Dont go anywhere calv well miss you.
Old 08 June 2012, 05:15 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

I know how to fit/remove gearboxes, engines, and most other mechanical stuff, and have the tools to do it and I'm literally spitting distance from your house!!
Old 08 June 2012, 05:35 PM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

As mentioned already your best bet would be to strip it and sell the bits
Old 08 June 2012, 05:48 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Well i put it on pistonheads today for £1500 and had 4 emails within an hour so cross fingers. At the end of the day its done 120 miles in 3 years so keeping it is not an option. When/if i get another job then i will probably buy another one. As some of you remember i was toying with getting a Type R a few months back so if i get shot of this then there will be room in the garage for a toy in the future.
Old 08 June 2012, 05:50 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big daz2
Hi Calv im gutted your feeling like this mate, i would hold off if you can you will be gutted, alot of us have been where you are now i know the easy option seems to be get shot for what you can get but you will only buy another one once you have another job which you will get. in haist people do things they later regret and i think you will. remember at the meet you me and matt were going to do some track days together. if i was you i would leave the car be for a month or so and focus on finding a new job they are out there you just got to search for them and try things that knowbody else is doing like approaching companies and doing a day for free and showing what youve got.
Or try your luck be brave and start your own business, there is no better time mate theres lots of help and plenty of money on offer from the government to help you. Keep it and me and you can have a play on the track in a few months.

as for not having the know how to fix, thats why you are on scoobynet, there is a welth of knowladge on here and iv never been let down with help, this place is the biggest group of freinds iv ever experianced. Dont go anywhere calv well miss you.
A lot of thought has gone in to this Daz and it wasnt an easy decision as ive owned the car for 7 years now but it's time to leave someone enjoy it and finish it off. I wont be going anywhere as im sure i'll be back in a scoob at some point in the near future Maybe tempted by a Kit Car
Old 08 June 2012, 07:03 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

the kit car was amazing fun but our british weather isnt good enough for it so i got rid and im back in a scoob i bought one last week so ill be playing in that for a few months. i hope it sells mate and you sort the job front out.