Notices

What A Cracking Stretch Of Road

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2012, 05:47 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What A Cracking Stretch Of Road

Well today I finally got a chance to drive the road from Ebbw Vale to Llangynidr and what a cracking stretch of road it is.

With all the corners, dips, climbs and views it really is one of the best roads in Wales and easily on a par with the Black Mountain A4069.

Now to organise a run to take it in both ways plus the road which takes you back to Crickhowell, plus it could easily take in the Epynt ranges as well.

It's no wonder that Evo magazine, Fifth Gear and Top Gear use and rate this road so highly.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 02 April 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02 April 2012, 07:35 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Well today I finally got a chance to drive the road from Ebbw Vale to Llangynidr and what a cracking stretch of road it is.

With all the corners, dips, climbs and views it really is one of the best roads in Wales and easily on a par with the Black Mountain A4069.

Now to organise a run to take it in both ways plus the road which takes you back to Crickhowell, plus it could easily take in the Epynt ranges as well.

It's no wonder that Evo magazine, Fifth Gear and Top Gear use and rate this road so highly.
Jeez Ty took you long enough bud!!!

One of my regulars that, it is a lovely road, especially on a day like today!!If anything it would be nice to be a mile or 2 longer, but i think most peoples brakes would be cooked by the end if that was the case!!

My mrs drives it every day to work over in Brynmawr, fair play she rags her little corsa over, and knowes it a lot better than me!

Let me know if you want to get a run in motion, i may well be of some helpful assistance!!
Old 02 April 2012, 07:38 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder

Really?? We all had our suspiscions, but now youve put it out there, i bet its a huge relief for you!!

Yeah they're up there quite regular, she seen Clarkson and Stiggy up there not that ong ago!!

R
Old 03 April 2012, 10:22 PM
mshowells
Scooby Regular

Sounds good to me.
Old 03 April 2012, 11:53 PM
GIBZY
Scooby Regular

I love this Road, it is Badass. The one hairpin that is at the bottom of the valley is ace.