Notices

Still looking for a classic mini project!

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2011, 10:06 PM
blueg14rep
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still looking for a classic mini project!

Hello, I am looking for a classic mini do to up as a project in my spare time, i have done 2 in the past and really regret selling the last one. Anyway I'm looking for something that isn't in to do a condition, surface rust and new panels needed aren't a problem because I'm going to completly strip it down. Even new floor and boot panels aren't really a problem for me to change as long as underneath isn't in extreme condition, i.e where the subframe fits ect.

A tidy rolling shell would be fine because I plan on cutting her in half to make a shortie.

I live in llanelli, south wales.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Claire
Old 23 January 2011, 12:43 PM
muttley1927
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hiya mate,

I might just have what you're looking for .

I have a 1992 K plate Rover Mini 1275 carb (last off before FI )in my garage which is in need of tender love and care to be born again

I've owned her for years and two years ago i decided to strip it down to a bare shell and start again,as the front end was rusted around the usual places and i fancied a flip front.

Anyway i got to strip it down to a bare shell rolled it onto its side and uncovered oversills that hid rust and lots of it.

So i bought new sills and door steps,A panels,Boot floor,and boot hinge panel, Brand new rear subframe, new ball joints,quickshift gear stick,new Blue carpet and mats with sound insulation, and lots more bits.

Then i suffered spinal problems which left me in hospital with prolapsed discs.

So now i am faced to admit that my love has to go as i cannot go climbing inside and out of it.

I cannot face scrapping it as these icons deserve to be used and loved and would rather it go to someone who knows what to do.

I've got photos of her and what i've done so far (just got to find them)

If you fancy it give me a PM

Mark