Notices

Help for hero`s event Risca Jan 9th.

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2010, 10:21 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help for hero`s event Risca Jan 9th.

Hope this is ok.

My mate runs The Darran pub in Risca and on the 9th of Jan he`s having a help for hero`s fund raiser there.

A few car clubs have been invited to attend, so thought I`d extent the invitation to you guys.

So...........

Originally Posted by Nate
Right then guys, we're hosting a quiz in aid of Help for Heroes on January 9th at The Darran in Risca (postcode NP11 6GU), I thought it would make sense to combine this worthwhile activity in aid of a worthy cause, with a car meet.

The plan is as follows:

Meet at the pub at 3pm. The car park is a good size, with ample space for plenty of cars. I'm in the process of sorting a Help for Heroes banner so it would be awesome to get a good turnout and show our support.

The kitchen and bar are open all day, so there will be plenty of refreshments available all day. The quiz will start at 9pm and take about an hour to complete so shouldn't be too late a night for those of us from the west.

I'm expecting representatives from local veterans groups and current active servicemen, which will help promote this activity. I reckon we should be able to get some pics in with cars and the servicemen/veterans.

We'll also be selling raffle tickets on the day, so bring plenty of money!!

This is an ideal opportunity to get a good start to 2011, and is also an opportunity to show our support for one of few truly worthy causes out there today. Please make the effort to attend and get 2011 off to a flying start!
Old 30 December 2010, 10:05 AM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You going to get your gear shift on and have your car back by then???