Notices

ecu rem/ bhp mods

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2010, 10:22 PM
duckdo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu rem/ bhp mods

hi can anyone tell me where i can get my 04 wrx remapped in wales and wot mods i can do to increase bhp as iam a new scooby owner and loveing it and would like some advice on wot i can do to her
Old 15 February 2010, 10:43 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I am running a group buy with Bob Rawle one of the more respected and best mappers in the UK. He is in Swindon which is not too far away.

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...group-buy.html

As for the mods it all depends what you are hoping to achieve, if you just want to increase upon what is already installed on the (ie keep the standard turbo and injectors).

I would look at uprating the fuel pump, changing the intercooler for an STi item, changing the standard panel air filter and either decatting the exhaust or having a sports cat fitted in the downpipe and having a decatted centre section fitted.

Sorry I can't give a fuller answer but if you post up what you want to achieve then either I or another member I am sure can advise you further.
Old 15 February 2010, 11:04 PM
duckdo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by duckdo
hi can anyone tell me where i can get my 04 wrx remapped in wales and wot mods i can do to increase bhp as iam a new scooby owner and loveing it and would like some advice on wot i can do to her
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I am running a group buy with Bob Rawle one of the more respected and best mappers in the UK. He is in Swindon which is not too far away.

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...group-buy.html

As for the mods it all depends what you are hoping to achieve, if you just want to increase upon what is already installed on the (ie keep the standard turbo and injectors).

I would look at uprating the fuel pump, changing the intercooler for an STi item, changing the standard panel air filter and either decatting the exhaust or having a sports cat fitted in the downpipe and having a decatted centre section fitted.

Sorry I can't give a fuller answer but if you post up what you want to achieve then either I or another member I am sure can advise you further.
hi i want to decat it and put a sport cat on her to star got a prodrive rear box allready wich came with the car when i bought it but need to be pointed in the right direction of where i can buy a exhaustg from and get it fitted
Old 15 February 2010, 11:56 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might help:

Impreza Turbo 2001-2005 New Age :
Old 16 February 2010, 12:20 AM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

hi i want to decat it and put a sport cat on her to star got a prodrive rear box allready wich came with the car when i bought it but need to be pointed in the right direction of where i can buy a exhaustg from and get it fitted
Definately go to Prospeed in Cardiff lots of guys use him on here including me. Top service and quality work from Charlie with a lifetime guarantee
www.pro-speedexhausts.com
And Bob for the re-map.

Last edited by wrx287; 16 February 2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 16 February 2010, 12:56 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx287
Definately go to Prospeed in Cardiff lots of guys use him on here including me. Top service and quality work from Charlie with a lifetime guarantee
www.pro-speedexhausts.com
And Bob for the re-map.
I would also recommend Prospeed as well as Charlie as he has built me two exhaust systems for both Imprezas that I have owned.

It might be worth your while coming to one of the South Wales Scoobys meet either at Cardiff or Swansesa, the Swansea meet is this Sunday and there will be a Cardiff meet shortly.

You can put faces to the user names and get some good advice on what you need to do in order to achieve your goals.
Old 16 February 2010, 09:14 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

OK then. Firstly you need to set your self a target on driveability, brute speed, a combination of both, your misses and BUDGET.

On a standard WRX internals and gearbox above 300BHP and this will be near the edge. No doubt someone will say "doing 350 on the normal internal" but it will soon go bang or it's a fib.

There are two cats on a Newage. one in the up pipe to the turbo and one in the downpipe to the exhaust. What looks like a third in the centre section is a resonator (noise suppression and a bit of restriction in flow only). I removed my down cat pipe and it still passed an MOT.

Panel filters are a good idea and some Scoobs are running 400 BHP+ on a good panel filter, K & N are recommended.

There are soon many exhaust to choose from it will make your head hurt, custom built or off the shelf is your call. But they will increase flow, noise and help with the tuning.

Uprate the fuel pump with a Walbro or JDM STI pump.

A Blobeye and Bugeye STi intercooler will fit straight in. Subaru where kind enough to put the extra hole in the mounting bracket to help out. Again, good for over 400 BHP.

If you going to have a re-map then it would be nice to get the above stuff done first. Cost vary but plan on £500 + VAT with the above mods your looking at about 260 to 280 BHP depending how you want the car to drive.

Lastly, once you have all the go you still need to stop and go round corners! The standard WRX brakes are pretty good and you could just uprate to DOT5 fluid, better pads and discs. Or go the whole hog and get STi BREMBO's, AP's or some other uprated brake system. Again, like exhausts, suspension combinations are mindboggling!

Let the spending commence
Old 16 February 2010, 09:47 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
There are two cats on a Newage. one in the up pipe to the turbo and one in the downpipe to the exhaust. What looks like a third in the centre section is a resonator (noise suppression and a bit of restriction in flow only). I removed my down cat pipe and it still passed an MOT.
I thought that only the Bugeye WRX had a cat in the up-pipe?
Old 16 February 2010, 10:01 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

You may be right. It's early
Old 16 February 2010, 01:11 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would first suggest you keep your money in your wallet firmly

Best thing is to hold on for a short while and come along to a meet, show seasons kicking off shorlty as well. Then have a look at what others have done and understand what you want from the car and what your budget is then make a start on getting the parts together before you even consider remapping.... then you can fit all and map to suit.
Bucket loads of stuff available second hand as well if you did not want to go down the new route but you just need to understand what you want first.

And as said brakes and suspension maybe worth doing before even considering power mods.

My 2 pennith
Old 16 February 2010, 02:38 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I've modded a few cars now and the I would say do the brakes and suspension Frist

Uprated pad and disc -£150-300
Godspeed 335mm kit £600 Ish (keeps standard wheels)
A 2nd set of Brembos = £4-500 (You may need different wheels for these)
A set of K sport 8 Pot £700 on the group buy (Keep standard wheels)
Ap6 Pots £1500 -1750 ish (you keep standard wheels)

Suspension = Uprated Anti Roll Bars, Drop links and a good alignment £500Ish fitted

As said, you can get some cracking deals 2nd hand but you need to know what is good or crap before you start buying anything. pop along to a meet and we'll help you spend all your money

Last edited by DannyBoy007; 16 February 2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 16 February 2010, 05:54 PM
duckdo
Scooby Regular

thanks for all the info guys i will be at swansea meet on sunday so i pick a few brains then bring on the mods
Old 18 February 2010, 03:47 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Troublcodes.net Trouble Codes OBD & OBD2 Trouble Codes and Technical info & Tool Store. By BAT Auto Technical