Notices

Never using CvC again!

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2009, 01:21 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never using CvC again!

Just took my classic for a routine service today and will be the last time i will use them. I rang them up and was told that if i took it in between 8.30 and 9.00 i would have it back in no time.

unfortunately mine was the last to go up on the ramps and didnt get it back till 12 all whilst waiting in the car park expecting it back early.

Was also told that it would cost £117 plus VAT but they decided on their own accord to put new wipers on bringing the total up to £180. By this time i was to fed up to ask them to take them back off.

worst of all though when i got home there was a big fresh kerb mark on my alloys that i only bought 3 weeks ago. i know this wouldnt be me because ive turned into the worst car parker in order to keep my alloys untouched and after spending the amount i did on them.

was really hacked off by this point so rang them up only for them to say they only had the car up on the ramps whilst me and my mates watched them drive out the garage and dissapear for 10 minutes. the end of the conversation was the subaru guy telling me he would ask the mechanic on monday about it followed by him promptly hanging up on me.

dont know if anyone else has had a bad experience with them but that was the last time im using them.
Old 22 August 2009, 01:32 PM
RED2
Scooby Regular

cvc are very poor for sales and service surprised they are still going. keith price a much better bet. took mine to keith price for its 30,000 mile service and it ended up being cheaper than the quote they gave me over the phone, now thats refreshing good luck getting them to sort your wheel out.
Old 22 August 2009, 05:01 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

I replied to the same thread you have in the general section...not writing it all out again . Someone was asking you which alloy it was BTW Matt.
Not a clue why though.
Old 22 August 2009, 05:18 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

I had some ****ty attitude of the younger guy on the parts desk colin has always been cool with me but the young guys jumped up pr*ck

where is keith price?
Old 22 August 2009, 05:20 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

They are a nightmare. Took a friend of mine there to look at the new STI and he asked the salesman if they had any black ones for sale or could get one and he basically said he couldnt be bothered to look so i tok him straight to Keith Price and BINGO he now has a Black 08 STI.

CVC have been terrible since they moved premises
Old 22 August 2009, 06:24 PM
bonzee
Scooby Regular

Location: knocking on the door of 400bhp with v power smashed through it with e85

ONE WORD s**t
Old 22 August 2009, 06:49 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I've had my car serviced at Powerstation in Tewkesbury for the last 3 years or so, after using CVC for the first 6 to 12 months of Subaru ownership. It's a 200 mile round trip to Powerstation and £40 in fuel - the fact I'd rather do that AND waste a day off work speaks for itself.

Be warned - they trawl this forum and take GREAT offence to bad publicity by forum users (I know first hand) so don't expect much help from them if they read this post.

Trending Topics

Old 22 August 2009, 06:59 PM
stuart2008sti
Scooby Regular

Matt it was me who asked which wheel it was because they did the same to mine while i was stood there.
Old 22 August 2009, 07:23 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist
I've had my car serviced at Powerstation in Tewkesbury for the last 3 years or so, after using CVC for the first 6 to 12 months of Subaru ownership. It's a 200 mile round trip to Powerstation and £40 in fuel - the fact I'd rather do that AND waste a day off work speaks for itself.

Be warned - they trawl this forum and take GREAT offence to bad publicity by forum users (I know first hand) so don't expect much help from them if they read this post.
Yes they do.
Old 22 August 2009, 07:32 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

If they do trawl on here, then you would think they would "up" their game "IF" they are no good - I phoned them once, for info on my gearbox - Ooops JDM, no can do !! didn't want to know..........................
Old 22 August 2009, 07:36 PM
bonzee
Scooby Regular

Location: knocking on the door of 400bhp with v power smashed through it with e85

[QUOTE=

Be warned - they trawl this forum and take GREAT offence to bad publicity by forum users (I know first hand) so don't expect much help from them if they read this post.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they will take notice then absolute waste of time on the help front
Old 22 August 2009, 07:40 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

i beg to differ on that.

as one of them is my mate and i get nothing but help off him. and a majority of you know him. so dont judge all of them as being the company.

i would be pissed if this happened to me. dont get me wrong. but you cant judge everyone under the same roof.

the ones that work there that have a passion for scoobies are the good ones.

Last edited by mr_D; 22 August 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 22 August 2009, 07:49 PM
sniffmydiff
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

i used them once many years ago with a legacy turbo,that bill also increased from the original quote,never again

since then i've always gone to keith price,found them very helpful and courteous,

as above on some occasions the bill has been less than quoted

speak to mike on the service desk and john with car sales

just had my 50k service done there,

they are situated just outside crickhowell on the abergavenny road.
Old 22 August 2009, 09:33 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

i have used keith price for a lot of things always had great service from them .when i had my classic (import)they didnt make a fuss they would check the part numbers with subaru u k and get them .just have to give them your chassis number .cannot fault them one bit
Old 22 August 2009, 10:17 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

I can't fault Keith Price's either, always been extremely helpful and cheaper on alot of things.

You can't miss there garage, its on the main road to Crickhowell.
Old 22 August 2009, 10:27 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I tried to order two parts from CVC - a Prodrive gear **** and a Prodrive lowering spring kit and guess what when I eventually managed to get through to someone it their parts dept they promised me a return call which never happened and the next time I got through they just put the phone down on me.

I rang Keith Price up and they answered the call straight away, dealt with my order quickly, took my payment over the phone (and gave me discount as well) and 2 days later they delivered the parts to my workplace.

As I run two parts departments myself that is the way that customer service should be; quick, efficient, courteous and giving the customer what they want at an agreed price and within an specified time period.

I only wish that more car dealers were like Keith Price.
Old 22 August 2009, 11:55 PM
bossurk
Scooby Regular

speake as you find. never had a problem with them
Old 23 August 2009, 10:22 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I bought 3 new Impreza's from CVC and never once had any reason to complain about any aspect of their service. If I was to buy another Subaru in the future I would use them again without a doubt.

As for Keith Price I only used them once as I was around Abergavenny area and the service was crap. Only after threatening to take them to court did they admit their error and refund my money.

Chip
Old 23 August 2009, 12:10 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Dont be fooled by Keith Price - my car went there for an engine rebuild under warranty.
Not only did they smash the drivers door of my car in, they then tried to tell me that it was like that when it arrived. It turned out that a mechanic had reversed another scoob into my car and then tried to forge the paper work to cover it up - i didnt even get an apology from them - just attitude !

Then 10'000miles later when the engine went bang again, took the car there and and they didnt want to know - when we got the engine out and started stripping it we could see why - it was an absolute sh*t job of a rebuild and i was told by the mechanic that he's amazed it lasted 10'000 miles.

Needless to say, i've never been back and if i ever need parts for the car i use Cheam Subaru and i cant fault them at all
Old 23 August 2009, 03:01 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have used both CVC and KP's and had good service from both. I have bought two cars from CVC and they have been OK. The other half currently runs a car from CVC and they are good to her too.

You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.
Old 23 August 2009, 04:03 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GMballistic
I replied to the same thread you have in the general section...not writing it all out again .
same here.
Old 23 August 2009, 04:09 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist

IN THAT CASEHow these idiots are still trading is a mystery to me, my first contact with them was aprox 3 1/2yrs ago when i first got the scoob, by that point i'd already heard bad things about them, and guess what i found out via a parts enquiry that it was all true, very arogant, but not very helpful at all, for that reason i gave all my service work/parts purchases on both mine and my wifes scoobs to Keith Price subaru instead, this meant a long drive but it was a pleasure to deal with KP's, have used cvc for parts recently (for convenience) for my 3rd year service that i did myself, and even tho i gave them my car details and offer'd them my chassis no:, that they did'nt require, they still managed to sell me a £35 fuel filter that dos'nt exist on my car. F*CKING MUPPETS
Old 23 August 2009, 05:44 PM
altinkum
Scooby Regular

about a month after i bought my car i had a letter telling me it was due a 30'000 or 3 yr service in the letter it statede £480+vat i rang cvc to check the price was right it was so never had service done with them. i've taken the car back a few times under warrenty and never once was i asked how's the car going or any chit chat it's quite clear when you part with your money they dont give a ****. would i buy my next car from them NOT A CHANCE.
Old 23 August 2009, 07:33 PM
nolegs
Scooby Regular

Nothing but praise for Keith Price, good guys.
I've been to CVC only for parts if I've been in Cardiff. Can't put my finger on it but there is an attitude.
Old 23 August 2009, 07:48 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CVC - over priced servicing, always find a way of topping up your bill. Have no time for the service manager. Will never go back after being charge near £850 for a classic 60k service when i even supplied 90% of the service parts n oils. ................Although , they do have a few good mechanics who should get together and form their own oufit and make a killing in Cardiff and S.Wales imho
Old 23 August 2009, 08:59 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GMballistic
I replied to the same thread you have in the general section...not writing it all out again . Someone was asking you which alloy it was BTW Matt.
Not a clue why though.

wanted to keep the service book stamped with all the main dealer stamps as it was the first service on the car carried out in my possesion. only had it for 6 months. think ill take it somewhere else like you suggested where you can trust the guys and to have the peace of mind that their not going to rip you off. ill keep you informed with the alloy. going to chase them up on it. really irritating me!!
Old 23 August 2009, 09:00 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stuart2008sti
Matt it was me who asked which wheel it was because they did the same to mine while i was stood there.
it was the front passenger side. how did they do it to yours then? .
Old 23 August 2009, 10:07 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

i service my own car, and few boys off here, do they mechanical work. brakes, exhausts, turbos, etc, garages charge rediculious amounts for straight forward jobs.
Old 24 August 2009, 08:24 AM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

i have had nothing but cr@p service when ordering parts from CVC and have also started a thread awhile ago to tell people about the poor service and someone also told me on the thread I started that they read posts on here so lets hope they read this to see how many people have been upset with their service

i would never take my car to a garage as from working in one myself i know the score and it's just throwing money away

maybe i should open my own little garage and charge prices they do i would make a killing

rant over
Old 24 August 2009, 12:35 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I've only needed one main repair doing on my car, and took it to CVC - service was fine, car was done when they said it would be and the price was what they quoted, so no problems at all.

The guy on the desk was a bit offish, but I think that's just his personality, but I don't go to a garage and expect them to roll out a red carpet so it didnt bother me particularly.

But... seeing as there seem to be so many different views on this thread, maybe they should be looking at their customer service to see why some people don't have a very good opinion of them ?

Quick Reply: Never using CvC again!