Notices

Anyone want to buy a front splitter

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2009, 09:17 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want to buy a front splitter

I bought a front splitter from HT Auto's yesterday and it arrived today. I rushed outside and fitted it to the car
It looks great although there are a couple of gaps that I wasn't expecting. It's definitely an STi splitter because it's written on it so I contacted Mark at HT Auto's. It turns out my car has a blobeye wrx front bumper - must be a Spec C thing (lighter would be my guess).

As a result I don't have the side spats/aero's that are normally on an STi and they would've filled the gaps on each side of the splitter, under the foglight cover (see picture below).

The worse thing is they originally thought I wanted the wrx splitter but fortunately (or so it seemed at the time) I rang them just before their courier arrived yesterday afternoon and they swapped it for the STi version.

HT Auto's will swap it for me but they obviously want me to a) ship it back and b) pay £15 for the new one to be shipped - that's hassle and more £££. The other option is I buy some side spats but they're £60-£80 each. That's more than the splitter cost if I buy a pair and I want to keep the car as original as I can.

So.......anyone local with a blobeye STi want to buy a brand new front splitter for the GB price of £99, I'll deliver it to your door (unless you live f***in miles away then I'll wait for the next meet

Last edited by Trap2Terrorist; 04 March 2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04 March 2009, 11:14 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I was thinking about buying one of their splitters for my WRX 2006 and just wanted to know if it was easy to fit and what is the quality like?

Good luck with the sale
Old 04 March 2009, 11:19 PM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Same me searching on this incedibly slow laptop (my PC has died) how much are they new...can't justify spending to the wife at the mo unless it's a good deal..soz for being cheeky!
Old 04 March 2009, 11:39 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

To be honest I bought a HT splitter for my WRX and that had a few gaps too. It was made for the WRX but didnt fit perfect so I had to drill extra holes all the way around and it pulled it up for a better fit.

good luck selling yours...
Old 05 March 2009, 02:13 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Other than a few scraped knuckles, it was really simple to fit (and I'm a donut when it comes to car/mechanical stuff - give me a keyboard any day of the week).

It took me about 20 minutes once I worked out the best way to get under the car without ramps and I didn't have to drill any extra holes.

The quality seems pretty good but I don't have anything to compare it with, it's normally £117+shipping, I paid £99 incl shipping.

Last edited by Trap2Terrorist; 05 March 2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05 March 2009, 06:56 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I was thinking about buying one of their splitters for my WRX 2006 and just wanted to know if it was easy to fit and what is the quality like?

Good luck with the sale
These are a must have IMHO, they transform the look of the car and apparently aid high speed stability and grip, easy 30min job to fit, had two of these first one was fibre glass and was to easily damaged, the one on the car now is from HT Autos and is top quality at a bargain price

Old 05 March 2009, 10:28 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby401
These are a must have IMHO, they transform the look of the car and apparently aid high speed stability and grip, easy 30min job to fit, had two of these first one was fibre glass and was to easily damaged, the one on the car now is from HT Autos and is top quality at a bargain price

Thanks for the information, the splitter looks really good on your car it really neatens up the bumper
Old 05 March 2009, 10:44 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mate you have bought the wrong one. That is for STi's which have the front winglets, hence the gap. You need...

http://www.htautos.co.uk/images/st/st_skirtrubber.jpg

WRX V-Lip to suit All 03-05 Impreza saloon models Except STi. Made from ultra tough Black PU Plastic
http://www.htautos.co.uk/images/st/st_V-lip3.jpg

I would phone and explain the confusion, HT Autos lips are pretty good IMHO
Old 05 March 2009, 11:01 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Thanks for the information, the splitter looks really good on your car it really neatens up the bumper
Just ordered mine and if it arrives before wednesday it should be on before the meet, thanks for the photographs Scooby401.

Also was it rain on the lens or did you alter the final photograph?

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 05 March 2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06 March 2009, 09:27 AM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

You know it makes sence, The pic was me being artistic the car dont come out in the rain
Old 06 March 2009, 09:36 AM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Sorry no can do at the mo, spent too much on the car this month....but good luck with the sale....
Old 11 March 2009, 01:51 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

[quote=scooby401;8556720]These are a must have IMHO, they transform the look of the car and apparently aid high speed stability and grip, easy 30min job to fit, had two of these first one was fibre glass and was to easily damaged, the one on the car now is from HT Autos and is top quality at a bargain price

/quote]

Scooby401, had my splitter delivered today and to be honest I was not too impressed with the quality, did you have to prep yours before fitment?

I was going to have it painted anyway but there are 'runs' in the material and the finish on the underside is not brilliant (ok you will never see it) but they say it can be fitted from the box which looking at the finish I wouldn't do.