Notices

new sti ,thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2008, 07:25 PM
lom the bom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink new sti ,thoughts

hi guys been along time ,thinking about getting the new sti any thoughts about the quality or a they the same as before. dont mind the shape ,looking at the performance it sounds good , how many are they doing this time , ie ,jdm , spec c had alook their around 25k any comments let me know cheers
Old 17 August 2008, 08:14 PM
mp24
Scooby Regular

Hi lom,how are things mate? long time since spoke to you last , i didn't think it would take you so long to get another one,see you soon.
Old 17 August 2008, 08:18 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lom the bom
hi guys been along time ,thinking about getting the new sti any thoughts about the quality or a they the same as before. dont mind the shape ,looking at the performance it sounds good , how many are they doing this time , ie ,jdm , spec c had alook their around 25k any comments let me know cheers
It appears the jury is still out on the new impreza, if it was me then it would be jdm without a doubt.
The spec c version is out soon and with what I had read the chassis has some big improvements.
The last of the old model in spec c version will take some beating and not a bad place to start looking
Old 17 August 2008, 09:29 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kjdmk1
It appears the jury is still out on the new impreza, if it was me then it would be jdm without a doubt.
The spec c version is out soon and with what I had read the chassis has some big improvements.
The last of the old model in spec c version will take some beating and not a bad place to start looking
I went into CVC to ask about one when mine was having a 30K service and the salesman couln't be @arsed to even tell me what mine was worth trade in. But I do like it. So JDM STI or a Spec C. Depends how much you are on about driving it I suppose. Lichos maybe? Maybe not? Price seems to have gone up a bit lately with the exchange rates.
Old 18 August 2008, 12:40 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

New STi = Refined - dull?
Old STi = Raw - fun.
JDM STi = Twin Scroll 2ltr.
UK STI = 2.5l 6 speed.
UK STi = Fog lights are extra's!
Euro Spec STi = Better Spec
JDM STi = Better Spec.
Old 18 August 2008, 02:21 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Personally I wouldn't bother with the new STI. Performance wise it isn't that much of a step forwards.

The suspension has been made far too compliant and the car has lost all sense of being a 'rally replica'.

Hopefully the Spec C will be a different issue, but then you're looking at a price of at least £30k +.

I thought long and hard about going for an MY08 car but in the end I knew that if I had I would've been taking a step backwards from the Spec C Type-RA I owned at the time. Decided to go for an RA-R instead and haven't looked back, and I don't think I will for some time either.

But if an MY08 STI is what you're after then I say it would definitely have to be a JDM model. UK cars are just not in the same league.

Last edited by MrRA; 18 August 2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 18 August 2008, 08:16 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

How about a nice 09 Type 26 ? seriously drive one if you're thinking about getting a new shape imho its a step forward and I have had nearly every variant since dec 2000