Notices

Petrol price idea

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2008, 12:18 AM
WR1JLD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petrol price idea

what is your thoughts on this idea i found on Facebook?

We are hitting 123.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 2.00 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,
all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso
Old 04 August 2008, 12:37 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

69ppl How are they gonna manage that when 63.7ppl is tax

The oil price has been driven up by record demand, not by the oil companies, or even our robbing b@st@rd government. Gordon and his pals could give us a reduction of some 7ppl from the difference in the VAT on the recent rises and still collect more revenue than they did prior to 2007, but they don't Also, if recent taxation policy was really about 'green issues' then the economies responsible for the rising oil prices are the ones whom should be targeted with new taxation via import duties. However, big business types in bed with corrupt politicians make sure that it is the average bod on the street who gets hit, 'cos we'll pay, and keep paying. International trade and political relations are far more important than the scum whom vote you in ! Imagine if goods from China, India and even the US were hit with a 'green' tax linked to their national carbon output and this resulted in their products doubling in price overnight, and thus killing their sales figures. Their economies would stall, oil demand from them would reduce stabilizing prices and to recover they would have to effect real change in their own policies and working practices, possibly making a difference to world pollution. I would guess it would be much more effective than forcing a few people to change some light bulbs and drive a bit less.

The idea above has been doing the rounds for ages and has about as much support as Gordon Brown I'm afraid.
Old 04 August 2008, 01:23 AM
drive
Scooby Regular

f f s where do you think asda,morrisons,tesco and sainsburys get there fuel from,the sooner people realise this then we can stop getting stupid messages like this....

all the four above dont have there own refineries so guess where they get there fuel from....................
you got it bp,shell,texaco or possibly esso hope this clears it up a bit
so can we please stop having these stupid emails about boycoting certain garages

ceri

rant over
Old 04 August 2008, 09:25 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This has been around for about 12 months now, it doesnt seem to be working to be honest Julian mate, nice idea though.

Drive, your right mate, im almost 100% sure esso supply tesco and its the only place locally i can get anything near super unleaded.

Just seems we are screwed!!
Old 04 August 2008, 01:12 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

also we produce so much oil and gas in this country we have to export it in the summer when demand is low,because we dont have the storage for it,then guess what we have to buy it back in the winter when demand is higher,at a higher price,DUH GET MORE STORAGE CONTAINERS..............
Old 04 August 2008, 03:00 PM
Leg@cy
Scooby Regular

There's many such types of emails, that suggest how to force the hands of various people/organisations....

In principle they are GREAT ideas..... and if everyone were to follow such ideas, then something may happen.....

However, I am SO dubious about the comment, please forward this email to you complete contacts list !!!

~VIRUS ~

Thats ALL these emails say to me !!

Sorry, but they do.......
Old 04 August 2008, 06:29 PM
WR1JLD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drive
f f s where do you think asda,morrisons,tesco and sainsburys get there fuel from,the sooner people realise this then we can stop getting stupid messages like this....

all the four above dont have there own refineries so guess where they get there fuel from....................
you got it bp,shell,texaco or possibly esso hope this clears it up a bit
so can we please stop having these stupid emails about boycoting certain garages

ceri

rant over

Easy now i found it on face book and put it on here to see what people thought,not for abuse, i am not asking you to go ahead and do it, there is no need for the FFS lark, chill out pal.