Notices

exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2008, 09:44 PM
Taffywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust help

Right guys as you know im in the look out for a new system for the car, alot of you kind people on here have pm'd me telling me bout pro-speed and how good they are, I made a call and charlie gave me a good price at £539 for a sport cat and system, I was then told bout long life and also gave them a Ring and got totally confused. I explained to the women on the Phone that I have a Magnex Decat system on the car and asked how much a sport cat with the rest of the system would cost, she kept asking me is my car a Pre-cat what ever that means and then gave me a price of £650 for a sport cat and system. If anyone on here knows what she means by a pre-cat this would help.

cheers guys
Old 02 May 2008, 11:06 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have used Longlife before and their work is fine but they dont have the knowledge to back it up. For Impreza's they actually have a pre-build jap style system that they buy in, so unless you ask for something specific, it isnt a custom system you get. Charlie fitted mine last week and i am 100% happy with it, he has done a great job!!!

Im guessing when they say pre-cat system, they mean a system produced before the two cats were introduced? Either way, Charlie is cheaper and has a better reputation, IMO