Notices

North Wales info

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2002, 10:23 PM
moz.g
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if this has already been posted...

Friend of mine is a journo in N.Wales, apparentley N.Wales police have invested in 9 mobile speed traps(vans I think). According to my friend they will be posting where they will be on the police web site.
Sorry if this info turns out to be duff, I'm only passing on what I've been told!

Graham
Old 17 January 2002, 10:41 PM
Hel
Scooby Regular

Question

How come speed vans are not around on xmas/boxing day, but on bank hols, sundays they are? (offical of police scource)As for newyears day are there any around or are they over the limit from the night before?
Old 17 January 2002, 11:10 PM
topdog
Scooby Regular

Hi Graham
Found this in my local paper

Arrive Alive campaign van rolls out on Denbighshire's roads

THE Arrive Alive van is to patrol Denbighshire as part of a campaign to cut deaths and serious injuries resulting from road accidents.
Motorists are being warned to slow down as the campaign targets the A525 Denbigh to Ruthin road where there have been three deaths resulting from collisions between January 1998 and December 2000.
There were 15 serious injuries during this period and 40 slight injuries.
Fines
Denbighshire County Council is a member of the North Wales Road Casualty Reduction Partnership along with the other five North Wales local authorities, North Wales Police, the Crown Prosecution Service, North Wales Health Authority, North Wales Magistrates Courts Service and the National Assembly for Wales.
The partnership was successful in a bid for Government funding to buy speed cameras that will be placed on roads where there is a problem with speed related collisions.

There was another article last week but it's not up on their website yet

Dewi