Notices

Woman in Cardiff threatens to set herself alight..

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2007, 07:37 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Woman in Cardiff threatens to set herself alight..

BBC NEWS | Wales | Petrol station 'douse' alert ends

There are some troubled people around hey? Sad when people get so low that they have to resort to this..
Old 08 May 2007, 08:25 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Lock her in mentle hospital and throw away the key.

It makes my blood boil, what a waste of time and money. 4 Fire engines and 12 fire officers sat round all day just in case she decided to do it.

If she had not been in a petrol station they should of let her do it!!!!

Rant over.
Old 08 May 2007, 08:31 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

she was only using esso 95 ron
Old 08 May 2007, 08:48 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

Does seem a bit extreme, especially as we are nearly £1 a litre
Old 08 May 2007, 09:05 PM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by milf hunter
must have got no problems with det then
Old 08 May 2007, 10:26 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by milf hunter
PMSL!!!
Old 08 May 2007, 10:30 PM
Spyd
Scooby Regular

Isn't this the same woman?...

Old 08 May 2007, 10:40 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

I'd of given her a light.. got stuck in traffic because of her..
Old 09 May 2007, 08:47 AM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Old 09 May 2007, 10:22 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

Before passing judgement on this poor soul take a moment to think about how much **** you could take before resorting to what she did. Then maybe, just maybe she took a little bit more. In my line of work I see stuff like this often. Such people normally deal with things that you can't imagine.

Please be kinder
Old 09 May 2007, 10:39 AM
Baza1954
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan W

Before passing judgement on this poor soul take a moment to think about how much **** you could take before resorting to what she did. Then maybe, just maybe she took a little bit more. In my line of work I see stuff like this often. Such people normally deal with things that you can't imagine.

Please be kinder
Understand where your coming from but in this Social/do gooder day and age there is a mountain of help out there.
To put other lives and the emergency services lives in danger is not acceptable. Those fire crews could have been need to save genuine lives.
I believe this is a cry for help and attention, my questions are what are the family doing. There seems to be no family ties any more to much Selfishness Rant over sorry.
Old 09 May 2007, 12:04 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Baza1954
Understand where your coming from but in this Social/do gooder day and age there is a mountain of help out there.
To put other lives and the emergency services lives in danger is not acceptable. Those fire crews could have been need to save genuine lives.
I believe this is a cry for help and attention, my questions are what are the family doing. There seems to be no family ties any more to much Selfishness Rant over sorry.

Youre right that she needed to consider her actions but she may have looked for help but not got it, moreover when seeking help poeple like this woman can sometimes make matters worse as their actions are misunderstood. Family may have actuallly helped push this woman to such actions. Its too complex a subject to be discussed in such a forum as this. Plus its not fair on the woman concerned.
Old 09 May 2007, 02:12 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Youre right that she needed to consider her actions but she may have looked for help but not got it, moreover when seeking help poeple like this woman can sometimes make matters worse as their actions are misunderstood. Family may have actuallly helped push this woman to such actions. Its too complex a subject to be discussed in such a forum as this. Plus its not fair on the woman concerned.
Yes you are correct, But I find this sort of person very selfish, no matter how disturbed you are or desprate this sort of thing is unacceptable.

How many people were effected by her selfish actions:

The garage staff
The Garage Owners
Any witnesses
Fire Officers
Police officers
Paramedics
Plus thousands of diverted members of the public

I'd hate to think the about the costs involved.

It's the same as the numpties that throw themselves under trains, Yes they are depressed but do they think about the train driver that will need counciling after watching them go splatt on the front of the train!!! Then theirs the people who have to come along after to find body parts and put them in bags, the poor folk in the train maintance department that have to clean the gunk off the train and repair the damaged parts. This is without taking into account any witnesses that may of seen them do it, Plus the inconvience of being delayed to other passengers, the cost to train compaines for putting on buses or in lost revenue.

Over doses or hanging yourself in your house also have major come back on other peoples lives, the firebrigade have to break the door down/gain entry, paramedics are also involved what a complete waste of their time.

So if you fancy doing yourself in, DON'T DO IT, unless you've dug a whole in your garden and decide to bury yourself alive.
Old 10 May 2007, 07:07 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

dan i love you but have you ever considered working for the samaratans.i can see what your saying but i dont think the people concerned can even contenplate worrying about the cost of there actions as theve obveasly got so much more on there plate.i had a friend that hung himself and i regret everyday that i didnt realise what he was going through and if i wasnt living away at the time he still could be with us,so please dan have some compassion.
Old 13 May 2007, 05:08 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

Please be kinder
Sorry.. what line of work is that..?
Old 14 May 2007, 02:28 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Research Psychologist in a service for people with Personality Disorder. Historically the very people who go out and commit acts such as this woman did. Although I am not implying that this woman has one.
In short I look at why people develop these disorders and what treatment is most effective.
Very often there is a history of long term and severe abuse, many suicide attepts and often successful attempts.

I accept that some believe this woman doesn't deserve help. No probs.

I ain't a bleeding heart just interested in how the mind can go bang.

Last edited by Dan W; 14 May 2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 14 May 2007, 02:55 PM
ZippyLane
Scooby Regular

The Petrol Station would have gone bang along with her mind if she'd struck the lighter..
I'm sure there are genuinely disturbed people out there.. just most of the ones I've met have been tossers who love the attention but never carry out the threat..
Old 14 May 2007, 03:28 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZippyLane
The Petrol Station would have gone bang along with her mind if she'd struck the lighter..
I'm sure there are genuinely disturbed people out there.. just most of the ones I've met have been tossers who love the attention but never carry out the threat..
There are many out there like that who don't deserve the attention they seek. In my experience ignoring the threats people make can end in tragedy ironically because no one listens so they resort to more extreme measures and end up killing themselves by accident.