Notices

Elan Dams meet 5th May NOT HAPPY.

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2007, 11:59 AM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Elan Dams meet 5th May NOT HAPPY.

Well i've flicked on the PC to-day to catch up on events and I have had a few e- mails about the Dams meet.!!!!

It appears that we had 1 or 2 muppets along which has spoiled the event and upset the the local farmers and national park ranger
It has also possibly ruined the Mid Wales section fav meeting point
I am pleased to say that the muppets involved were NOT from South Wales Scooby's and if they had have been they would have no longer been welcome at our events
I dont know the people involved in this but they are stupid enough to post this vid, How sad.

TinyPic - Share The Experience!™

I also understand that the persons involved were ragging up and down the road as if it was some sort of quarter mile strip

I hope that Richie b can smooth things out with the locals and all i can say is its disapointing that people have behaved like this on a family event and that they are NOT welcome to any future South Wales scoobys events

I know that Tony from the Mid's section will also be disapointed to hear of this as in the past we have had some great meets with no problems.

As with most things its the one or two that can ruin things for the 99% that behave themselves.
Old 07 May 2007, 12:11 PM
cuttsysti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Muppet.
Old 07 May 2007, 12:14 PM
RIGPIG
Scooby Regular

Old 07 May 2007, 12:17 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

What a Jockey. Someone must know who that is. Not everyone drives around with there Scoop on back to Front. I know im no Angel but i wouldnt do it there. Besides anyone can do that on Gravel.
Old 07 May 2007, 12:25 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatmanscooby
What a Jockey. Someone must know who that is. Not everyone drives around with there Scoop on back to Front. I know im no Angel but i wouldnt do it there. Besides anyone can do that on Gravel.
There is a time and place for this sort of thing, but that was not it.
Some one will know him.
Old 07 May 2007, 12:50 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Looks like if it was this prat, thanks very much

https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-2...t-day-out.html
Old 07 May 2007, 02:28 PM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fatmanscooby
when its done in the best possible taste and time and place it a pleasure to see fella
but this numpty showed total disregard for his car with reving the ***** off it in that thick dust and with his widow down so what was he thinking about the mass of peeps there and their well being who were there as it's been drilled into me and everyone else in the sws group you don't do anything that will spoil or stop events meets or what ever we do as a group. just hope that this is a one off and it does not repeat it self again
Old 07 May 2007, 03:42 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

what a total wa~~er theres everyone had a great time even me and i got pulled by the plod before id left home almost :
Old 07 May 2007, 04:29 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To coin an old phrase... **** in your own back yard not someone else's the mid wales guys use this spot quite regular and I hope this has not spoilt it for them.
Old 07 May 2007, 04:51 PM
Richy B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
To coin an old phrase... **** in your own back yard not someone else's the mid wales guys use this spot quite regular and I hope this has not spoilt it for them.
Sadly Si, I think it has already... I got this email yesterday, but missed it in my inbox...

"Dear Sir,

I would like to address a few issues regarding the visit of your club to the Elan Valley on Saturday 5th May.
Firstly, I am informed that at one stage in the afternoon members of the group had completely blocked the road leading up to the lower carpark at Claerwen Dam and were turning other visitors away telling them that the carpark was full. This is completely unacceptable, not to mention unnececessary, as there appeared to be plenty of room there both for yourselves and other users.
Secondly, the group created a large quantity of rubbish (disposable barbecues etc.) which was bundled up and stuffed inside the toilet block at Claerwen, amounting to about 3 sackfulls in total. For future reference we ask all visitors to take their litter away with them as we do not have the resources to provide a refuse collection service from all of our carparks. We get around 400,000 visitors a year to the Estate and if we had to clear up after all of them we would never find the time to do anything else. Most of our visitors understand and respect this, and we would ask that you do the same.
Finally, I have had several reports of members of the group driving at excessive speed around the Valley's roads. I refer in particular to one individual who was witnessed driving at full pelt across the road bridge at Claerwen Dam. Due to the curvature in the bridge and the walls on either side, visibility is limited creating obvious safety implications when driving at high speed, especially on a day when there were clearly large numbers of people about at the top of the dam. The attraction of driving high-powered cars around at speed isn't lost on us, but we would suggest a little more caution might be advisible.
Hopefully you will be able to take the above points on board so that, in the event of any future visits, your impact can be reduced.

Yours faithfully,

Rob Andrew
Elan Valley Ranger Service"

I am following this email up and there are a few points raised which were not true. However, sadly at the moment it looks like we have cooked our goose mainly thanks to one individual...
Old 07 May 2007, 05:07 PM
sponners
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Richy B
Sadly Si, I think it has already... I got this email yesterday, but missed it in my inbox...

"Dear Sir,

I would like to address a few issues regarding the visit of your club to the Elan Valley on Saturday 5th May.
Firstly, I am informed that at one stage in the afternoon members of the group had completely blocked the road leading up to the lower carpark at Claerwen Dam and were turning other visitors away telling them that the carpark was full. This is completely unacceptable, not to mention unnececessary, as there appeared to be plenty of room there both for yourselves and other users.
Secondly, the group created a large quantity of rubbish (disposable barbecues etc.) which was bundled up and stuffed inside the toilet block at Claerwen, amounting to about 3 sackfulls in total. For future reference we ask all visitors to take their litter away with them as we do not have the resources to provide a refuse collection service from all of our carparks. We get around 400,000 visitors a year to the Estate and if we had to clear up after all of them we would never find the time to do anything else. Most of our visitors understand and respect this, and we would ask that you do the same.
Finally, I have had several reports of members of the group driving at excessive speed around the Valley's roads. I refer in particular to one individual who was witnessed driving at full pelt across the road bridge at Claerwen Dam. Due to the curvature in the bridge and the walls on either side, visibility is limited creating obvious safety implications when driving at high speed, especially on a day when there were clearly large numbers of people about at the top of the dam. The attraction of driving high-powered cars around at speed isn't lost on us, but we would suggest a little more caution might be advisible.
Hopefully you will be able to take the above points on board so that, in the event of any future visits, your impact can be reduced.

Yours faithfully,

Rob Andrew
Elan Valley Ranger Service"

I am following this email up and there are a few points raised which were not true. However, sadly at the moment it looks like we have cooked our goose mainly thanks to one individual...
Was a good day, shame about a few.
but looking at the email I don't think all is lost, just need better behaviour next time
Old 07 May 2007, 05:19 PM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

I remember seeing the car doing the run and stopped taking any notice after a while. Thank god we had left before the doughnuts started because Chris got a little p122ed off when someone drove passed the row of parked cars throwing up dust and stones.

Its a shame that one silly boy spoiled it but we did enjoy ourselves and I think I can say ALL sws behaved very well on the way there and at the dams
Old 07 May 2007, 05:27 PM
Red Rocket 11166
Scooby Regular

Default Midlands Crew. (Herefordshire)

I would like to add - That this *** !!! was nothing to do with us either.

We all had a great day and hope to have another meet at this location soon.

If Richy B would like to send me Rob Andrew's - Elan Valley Rangers email address i will mail him from the Mids crew and try and smooth things over.

Regards Red.
Old 07 May 2007, 06:39 PM
Richy B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sponners
Was a good day, shame about a few.
but looking at the email I don't think all is lost, just need better behaviour next time
My point was this email should never have arrived in my inbox...

Red Rocket, PM to follow matey...
Old 07 May 2007, 06:39 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

what a total d i c k cheese. It's not big and not welcome. if you want to do that sort of thing go down halfords car park on a friday evening with all the other chav scum.

It would appear he's done this sort of thing before, have a look in the midland section under my rebuilt car but this time he did it infront of the person who has just rebuilt his engine and whichi he is warrantying, David was not a happy chappy.
Old 07 May 2007, 06:49 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Fancy stalling it on Gravel though Just no style some people.
Old 07 May 2007, 08:53 PM
scoobycraig
Scooby Regular

i had a cracking day, just a real shame some fool had to spoil it! Dont get me wrong i love seeing that sort of stuff but at the right time and place!

on a lighter note a big thanks to the people who organized it! Will defo be at the next one!

cheers guys
Craig
Old 07 May 2007, 09:01 PM
spuddy
Scooby Regular

What a KN0B!!! he was back and for all day and needs to learn to drive as he took it into the limiter every gear change for about 5-10 secs every time and could do with respecting other peoples back yards and his own vehicle!!!!!!!!
Old 07 May 2007, 09:41 PM
Richy B
Scooby Regular

OK, well I have done as much as I can possibly do to undo some of the damage done by the antics of May 5th.

I had a really good day and was gutted when I heard of the complaints on the way home and then only to get an email of more complaints the next day.

Hopefully, fingers crossed this meet wasn't our last...
Old 07 May 2007, 09:51 PM
Red Rocket 11166
Scooby Regular

OK, well I have done as much as I can possibly do to undo some of the damage done by the antics of May 5th.

I had a really good day and was gutted when I heard of the complaints on the way home and then only to get an email of more complaints the next day.

Hopefully, fingers crossed this meet wasn't our last...[/quote]

Yep - Just sent the guys an email from the mids crew.
Old 07 May 2007, 09:55 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Rocket 11166
I would like to add - was nothing to do with us either.

Rich,

Not quite true

1)
Like a few others I did go up to the top dam (never went across it though) to take Pictures, I did accelerate up the hill so I;m no Angel. . although I did slow right up for traffic people bikes etc , so I'm as much to blame as I neglected to set a good example.

2) The "Midlands" invititation was to me so I'm totally responsinble.

Originally Posted by Red Rocket 11166
I If Richy B would like to send me Rob Andrew's - Elan Valley Rangers email address i.
Ditto Rob please pm addy to me also as I can explain that the problems seem to have arose from Mildlands members rather than any Welsh Members.

Would all the Welsh Members Please except my personal appologies

Rwgards

Tony
Old 08 May 2007, 07:43 AM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

One good thing about selling my scoob, is that I am no longer now assoiciated with utter to$$ers like that.

Noticed a few Brum accients there

Quite glad I took the kids to elsewhere now.

Very sad
Old 08 May 2007, 08:11 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Nooooooooooooooooooo after all the hard work

Top day, great peeps and a head like a cherry spoilt by some donkey..........fecking muppets.

I asked for people to take bags and I know many did. My BBQ made my boot stink but then again I know better. Speed will always be a way of waving a ***** around for some but it will also make them look like a huge one too, get an Evo instead!!!!!

It really was a top place to go and without being to **** we could make it a regular meet but some &^%$£"*(&^%$£ may have %^&*ed it up.

Rant over. And relax

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 08 May 2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08 May 2007, 12:38 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Did look like a lovely day pics were fab, perhaps I could take the kiddies up there with my purple passion wagon, along with the wicker picnic basket and tartan travel blanket
Old 08 May 2007, 03:17 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

To day I have recieved an e-mail from the Elan valley ranger in reply to the mail that I sent to him and all is well
I wont go into what I said/he said but suffice to say all groups are welcome back anytime so no lasting damage done.
I hope this serves as a lesson to those responsible that everything has a time and a place.
kev
Old 08 May 2007, 03:50 PM
mp24
Scooby Regular

Well that is good news as it a lovely place,hopefully lessons learnt and next time we can prove to the elan valley rangers that this was a one off low point.
I am really pleased that the complaints that were made had nothing to do with the sws club.
Old 08 May 2007, 06:12 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

As posted by me in Danny's post,

"Well, I'm big enough to accept responsibility for my actions.

I was one of the chaps who left the bin bag in the toilet. I did this conscientiously with the view that I was leaving the area as tidy as I possibly could. I'd even tidied up a couple of other member's stuff too (with their help).....

I *honestly* assumed that it would be OK to leave the tied bin bag in the corner for the rubbish people. There was no notice of taking your rubbish with you - not that this is an excuse, just a defence for an innocent mistake.

I apologise for any grief caused to the Welsh organisers regarding this particular matter - if they would kindly send me the Ranger's email address, I will apologise myself."

It was a great day, and please don't "tar us all with the same brush", and yes, Danny was a bit over "enthusiastic", but hopefully all is OK now.

My ONLY personal regret about the day?

SWS Scoobys on the one side of the car park, MIDS on the other We should all have mingled more..... This also happened at the Abergavenny meet......

Just something to think about for the next meet

Dan (the one in the Audi )
Old 08 May 2007, 06:59 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

I would of been knackered if I hung out with my part of the country the NWS COS I WAS THE ONLY BUGGAR TO TURN UP!!

Sod it i thought I wandered round all parts af the car park, took pics and spoke to quite a few people!!

I enjoyed the day!!
Old 08 May 2007, 07:29 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
I would of been knackered if I hung out with my part of the country the NWS COS I WAS THE ONLY BUGGAR TO TURN UP!!

Sod it i thought I wandered round all parts af the car park, took pics and spoke to quite a few people!!

I enjoyed the day!!
What happened to the rest of the NWS gang
It all started because of the idea of a north south meet
Old 08 May 2007, 10:12 PM
Richy B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
My ONLY personal regret about the day?

SWS Scoobys on the one side of the car park, MIDS on the other We should all have mingled more..... This also happened at the Abergavenny meet......

Just something to think about for the next meet

Dan (the one in the Audi )
Too true Dan and I am sorry this seemed to happen, not sure why though...

LOL, we were bang in the middle and although people looked around our group of cars, I could tell people were nervous of saying "alright mate, nice 22B"!!!

I did try and go and say hello to most people, but there was a slight "invisible" barrier between groups. Fingers crossed we can recitify this next time...

I would just like to thank all those people who have sent emails to the Elan Valley Rangers helping to clear this matter up and I was pleased to receive an email today welcoming us back again.

I think a lesson has been learn't by all and next time one of these meets is planned, we will be better equipped to deal with it.

See you at the next one...

Richy

Quick Reply: Elan Dams meet 5th May NOT HAPPY.