Notices

On the back of a flatbed truck AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2007, 04:23 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy On the back of a flatbed truck AGAIN!

On the way back from my weekend away in Aberaeron, great roads, food and booze (too much booze).

Anyway didnt thrash the car took a steady drive the engine management light came on around the Swansea area , so I kept it steady then took the turn off to Coryton M4 Junc 31 east bound all of a sudden complete power loss she just started to chug, splutter and died so I had to glide her into the "No hard shoulder area " hazards on, back to square one. Phoned up green flag again come and get me .

Now when this happend last time we took her to CVC and they couldnt find nothing wrong with it, despite plugging her into all the systems to find a fault code nothing, but still charged me a bundle, now I posted what happend the first time around and lots of very kind people on here thought it was the fuel pump and some offers of fuel pumps and help to fit it were made , Im wondering could this be the fault, trying to start her up now and the fuel pump is not priming there is no sound, and shes turning over but thats it, nothing

Help once again peeps, and other suggestions or do you think it could be the fuel pump, and this time Ive had the car returned to my house, Im going to see if I could do this myself with a little help

Cheers Russ

Ps I saw a hell of alot of scoobs whilst sitting there, White classic pink decals, green classic gold decals, white newage no wind black windows gold wheels, lots of silver classics, some blue newages, black one, I could go on forever.

Last edited by Russ71; 09 April 2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09 April 2007, 05:21 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Bad news mate sorry to here about this.

Id think about giving andy at ace a call as well and give him a rundown of the situation. im sure he may have a few ideas and may even be able to come out and have a nose at the car for you. His charges for ECU scans are a damn site more reasonable too

Cheers

Ian
Old 09 April 2007, 05:35 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you, it's been a cracking weekend, I've been in new quey as couple of times this weekend and it's been flat calm and nice and sunny.

Its either the fuel pump or the immobiliser kicking in,

If the check engine light came on, are you able to read a fault code??? Ie is it still on when trying to start the car??

If it's the fuel pump it's very easy to change and worth upgrading to a walbro one at a cheaper price.
Old 09 April 2007, 05:41 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
Gutted for you, it's been a cracking weekend, I've been in new quey as couple of times this weekend and it's been flat calm and nice and sunny.

Its either the fuel pump or the immobiliser kicking in,

If the check engine light came on, are you able to read a fault code??? Ie is it still on when trying to start the car??

If it's the fuel pump it's very easy to change and worth upgrading to a walbro one at a cheaper price.

Hi mate, I cannot read a fault code I dont have a ECU data reader, but CVC did mention it could be the immobiliser.

On the way up to Aberaeron the light came on twice, both times I stopped reset it and carried, joked to the Mrs that the car doesnt like cruising in 5th gear this is when the light seems to come on, and again as soon as I hit the motorway on the way home it came on again and stayed on until it died whilst driving along the M4

And yes the weekend has been fab, the weather has been brilliant, the family looks as if we spent a week in Spain.

Last edited by Russ71; 09 April 2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09 April 2007, 05:54 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the bad news, hope its nothing too bad. Mines in for a full rebuild at API at the mo, really missed it this wk end with the weather being so good. Hope it all works out ok for you.
Old 09 April 2007, 06:10 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by "Taylor"
Sorry to hear about the bad news, hope its nothing too bad. Mines in for a full rebuild at API at the mo, really missed it this wk end with the weather being so good. Hope it all works out ok for you.

Cheers Taylor I hope yours goes well with no hiccups, I saw alot of scoobs when I was sitting waiting for the recovery lorry
Old 09 April 2007, 06:54 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you, like Ian said have a chat with Andy and get the car up to him if you can, he will be a lot ceaper than CVC.
Old 09 April 2007, 06:55 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Russ71
Cheers Taylor I hope yours goes well with no hiccups, I saw alot of scoobs when I was sitting waiting for the recovery lorry
Ye i bet, their all passing me on my mountain bike
Old 09 April 2007, 07:01 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by "Taylor"
Ye i bet, their all passing me on my mountain bike

Hope it wont be too long for you.

And cheers Dean I might be doing that, dont know how to get her up there as she wont start Fuel pump not priming or anything, she just turning over.
Old 09 April 2007, 07:05 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear your bad news hope it is an easy problem to solve and notexpensive
Old 09 April 2007, 07:13 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ozzreid1964
sorry to hear your bad news hope it is an easy problem to solve and notexpensive
Cheers ozz
Old 09 April 2007, 07:31 PM
RED2
Scooby Regular

gutted for you mate hope you get it sorted

Last edited by RED2; 09 April 2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09 April 2007, 07:36 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RED2
gutted mate hope you get it sorted
Old 09 April 2007, 08:00 PM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

nightmare russ
i've got a managers special offer pump off mine if it will fit
it's good for 350 horses
richie
Old 09 April 2007, 08:33 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate PM sent
Old 09 April 2007, 08:46 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

whats happening Russ is Riss trashing this car when you in work

anyway was you in abereon on sat i thought i seen you crossing the road with a ice cream in you hand about 1.30pm i was on the blade whizzing past
Old 09 April 2007, 09:04 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Yes mate it was us you should have stopped l would have got you one mate Abers special honey ice cream with a fudge twist Riss did say to me was that Yan? I guess she was right bloody know it all
Old 09 April 2007, 09:27 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Russ71;6822631]Yes mate it was us you should have stopped l would have got you one mate Abers special honey ice cream with a fudge twist Riss did say to me was that Yan? I guess she was right bloody know it all

i seen you and the family there was 4 of us on bikes
we had a good day out done a 250mile round trip did have num bum time i got home

only down side got back to bike in aber rist with
some numptry had knocked it over had to ride home with no front brake
priced up parts to repair today will cost £600 for new fairings and bits like everything nobody seen it happen

i should have stopped to have a ice cream to cool me down as is was p*ss off
Old 09 April 2007, 09:47 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=milf hunter;6822708]
Originally Posted by Russ71
Yes mate it was us you should have stopped l would have got you one mate Abers special honey ice cream with a fudge twist Riss did say to me was that Yan? I guess she was right bloody know it all

i seen you and the family there was 4 of us on bikes
we had a good day out done a 250mile round trip did have num bum time i got home

only down side got back to bike in aber rist with
some numptry had knocked it over had to ride home with no front brake
priced up parts to repair today will cost £600 for new fairings and bits like everything nobody seen it happen

i should have stopped to have a ice cream to cool me down as is was p*ss off
I would have been pi$$ed off as well mate bl00dy students up there. Mind you there was some right A holes in Aberaeron over the weekend woke up Sunday morning, Riss a bit worse for wear after a night on her cousins homemade cider , left the hotel to walk back to her Aunts and Uncles house, where the scoob was parked, and all the way up the one street some little ***** had walked up there snapping off as many wing mirrors as possible the mentality of some people Sorry to hear about the bike, Im gutted for you. I cant believe that Riss saw you, she did say "Was that Yan" Its just you see so many bikers drving through, she must have studied the picture of your bike.
Old 09 April 2007, 10:55 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

she likes a man in leathers
i look like a power ranger with alpinestars leathers and blue sidi boots and blue helmet with full blue tint how she new it was i do not know it must be the force
Old 10 April 2007, 10:48 AM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by milf hunter
i look like a power ranger with alpinestars leathers and blue sidi boots and blue helmet with full blue tint how she new it was i do not know it must be the force
Dont get him started Yan , when I spotted you he said "Christ you've got Yan on the brain" I just remember the pic of the bike and it was noted that you would be up near the Aberaeron area, I thought I was pretty good at remembering what the bike looks like, I was really chuffed with myself

Riss
Old 10 April 2007, 06:30 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Unhappy Help, someone pleeeease!!!!!!

Update, tried putting a different fuel pump in (Cheers Richie ) but alas that didnt work Thanks also to Rob (PippyRips) for giving us a hand, very disappointed that it didnt work now very confused, phoned Andy at ACE he said it could be a number of different things, and without putting it on a computer he couldnt tell, so another begging plea for help does anyone out there have a portable PSi3 unit or similar so I can get a fault code and thats half my battle over with. By the way could it be the maff ?? anybody got a newage maff I could try just incase, it might be the maff because the engine management light keeps coming on Oh and theres a click click sound from around the maff area just before she turns over,the time that the fuel pump would normally prime, dont know what the hell that is?

Andy said it doesnt sound like any alarm or immobilser problem, so Im completely stuck with a car that cannot go anywhere

If anyone can help please drop me a PM or a post, I will be greatful for any help or assistance big cheers in advance.

Russ

Last edited by Russ71; 10 April 2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10 April 2007, 07:55 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

BEWARE Russ my car "broke down" twice in the Village Hotel in Coryton. But, it was not the car. There is a thumping big EMP signature there (Electro Magnetic Pulse).

I moved it out of line of sight of the big Police Tetras Radio mast and BINGO it worked OK. Same happened at the Forth Road Bridge BP in Scotland, they told me it happens quite alot there!

The Sigma Immobiliser is very temperamental near Phone, Police and some high power radar masts !!!!.
Old 10 April 2007, 07:58 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
BEWARE Russ my car "broke down" twice in the Village Hotel in Coryton. But, it was not the car. There is a thumping big EMP signature there (Electro Magnetic Pulse).

I moved it out of line of sight of the big Police Tetras Radio mast and BINGO it worked OK. Same happened at the Forth Road Bridge BP in Scotland, they told me it happens quite alot there!

The Sigma Immobiliser is very temperamental near Phone, Police and some high power radar masts !!!!.
Its funny you should say that but the recovery bloke the first time around said that, there was one around the newport road area, thats when it first went, but how do you get around this problem, Im far away from that now and still nothing, so Im so confused and frustrated.
Old 10 April 2007, 08:23 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Just a thought, don't know if it would make any difference, but have you tried disconnecting the battery for an hour or 2 to reset the ECU.
Old 10 April 2007, 08:39 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by milf hunter
Every biker looks the same to me. It takes me ages to recognise my mates in their leathers and bikes and I've been around them for years.
Old 10 April 2007, 09:47 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboDean
Just a thought, don't know if it would make any difference, but have you tried disconnecting the battery for an hour or 2 to reset the ECU.
The battery was disconnected from 4.30 -6.20 this evening whilst I was fitting the fuel pump, and the same again to remove it, as it wasnt the problem.
Old 10 April 2007, 09:50 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gazz300
Every biker looks the same to me. It takes me ages to recognise my mates in their leathers and bikes and I've been around them for years.

It was a pure guess, I saw the colour and shape of the bike thought that could be Yan, as he mentioned he was up that neck of the woods, and when he posted that he thought he saw us in Aberaeron, I put two and two together and said it must have been Yan. Confused yet because I am

Riss
Old 10 April 2007, 10:15 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

no worries Russ, even though it didn't solve the problem at least it's one possibility to tick off the list.

I've got stuff planned for the weekend but if i have a spare hour anywhere i will pop over and take the secs unit out mine to read for fault codes.
Old 10 April 2007, 10:41 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pippyrips
no worries Russ, even though it didn't solve the problem at least it's one possibility to tick off the list.

I've got stuff planned for the weekend but if i have a spare hour anywhere i will pop over and take the secs unit out mine to read for fault codes.
Cheers Rob your a true gentleman I just might send her down to CVC tomorrow, see if they can find anything this time. Im fancying a nice sluggish diesel people carrier to trade the scoob for Its so disheartening, how much money do you keep pumping into a car, she already has two credit cards of her own.

Quick Reply: On the back of a flatbed truck AGAIN!