Notices

Going friday

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2007, 12:47 PM
smithy 7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going friday

hi guys the car is going in on friday with dav at api cant wait to get it back.
Old 27 March 2007, 04:18 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the order Simon, we'll see you on Friday.

David
Old 27 March 2007, 04:21 PM
smithy 7
Scooby Regular

no prob mate, how long does it take mate, just for me to know thats all, thanks
Old 27 March 2007, 05:08 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

The hardest part after paying for it will be the 1000 miles running in!!!! Just nip up to scotland and back in a weekend, that should sort it out
Old 27 March 2007, 05:38 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

I'll agree with Dannyboy on that.....

I'm 600miles in and it is so tempting to just plant your foot
Old 27 March 2007, 05:41 PM
smithy 7
Scooby Regular

i know what you mean its going to kill me, il just have to look after it, tony mate you will have to take me for a spin to show me what im missing out on
Old 27 March 2007, 06:54 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Think your looking at 1800 rather than 1000, you can push it a little more after the 1st 1000 though.

simb
Old 27 March 2007, 07:00 PM
JDSWORD
Scooby Regular

Don't tease let me know what you are having done?
Old 27 March 2007, 07:05 PM
smithy 7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDSWORD
Don't tease let me know what you are having done?
A fully rebuilt APi engine for your Vers 5 wrx STi type R is built using genuine Subaru parts, with the exception of the copper backed competition crank bearings ** which are sourced elsewhere, the engine comes with:

NEW standard-bearing-size crank & competition bearings.
4 weight matched & balanced con rods.
NEW pistons and rings & fresh bores. ** Since January 2007, all STi engines are upgraded to forged alloy pistons at no extra cost
Fully overhauled cylinder heads with new valves as nec.
APi rebuilt & improved oil pump.
NEW cam belt, gaskets & oil filter.
ALL re-usable parts chemically cleaned inside & out where appropriate
STi Engines get a repainted red crackle finish inlet manifold

For the sum of : £2200.00 - I recommend an upgrade to steel con rods as that will make the engine bullet proof up to 500 hp - cost is an extra £450.00 but seriously worth every penny.

That is a fixed price and will not change no matter what we find when we strip your original engine. We prefer to rebuild the customers unit rather than create a new
engine, firstly because it is quicker for us. Secondly, It also preserves the vehicle history by keeping the engine number, chassis number and registration number as a matched set to the information held at the DVLA.

If you need fitting we also charge a fixed price ; £550.00, which includes all liquids and consumable parts. The only possible extras might be a clutch or possibly
radiator hoses or sometimes, on the 1997 onwards cars, the rubber induction hose that goes from the inlet pipe under the inlet manifold to the turbo. The jubilee clip cuts into it at the turbo end and the damage is revealed on strip down. We will advise on these parts when we have the car in bits.

We also offer two quite simple, inexpensive improvements that many people find excellent value for money.

The first is a lightened flywheel. When an Impreza clutch wears, it generates heat that damages the surface of the flywheel. Skimming can generally save most.
However, faced with having to do something to the flywheel, most people opt for a fully lightened version at a cost of £150.00. The original weighs 12 Kg's and our lightweight one weighs about 7 Kg's. It brings the benefit of less weight in the rotating parts of the engine, meaning that it will spin up quicker and be more responsive generally.

The second is 'porting the exhaust headers' [ manifold ] The original headers are deliberately made with mismatching of the ports from the cylinder head, this a crude
way of keeping power down. By matching all the joins in the headers to the adjacent pipe we can improve gas flow and speed up to the turbo and get the turbo
spinning far sooner than standard. Usually Imprezas start to build boost at about 3300 rpm, by porting the headers correctly we can start the boost from as low as
2900 in most cases. This gives a much wider spread of usable power and is genuine value for money. Cost is £150.00 and done at the time of the engine repair attracts
no labour charge.
Old 27 March 2007, 07:37 PM
JDSWORD
Scooby Regular

Now I am jealous , sounds fantastic. Keep me updated with the end result as this may be an option for a future project on a Legacy. I take it there is a similar option?

Thanks for the reply I look forward to seeing the car in the flesh
Old 27 March 2007, 08:25 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by smithy 7
no prob mate, how long does it take mate, just for me to know thats all, thanks
Dropped mine off with David yesterday, thoroughly nice and most importantly honest guy. Having pretty much the same done as you, but on a wrx. Journey took us approx 2 1/2 hours from Bridgend. Hope you have better luck than us though, as we planned to set out early to get there in plenty of time, but the Discovery we were going to use to tow the trailer up, had other ideas and started to play up, so with a lend of a Shogun we got there in the end. Big thanks to David and the boys for hanging on for us and for the informative chat and coffee.
Taylor.
Old 28 March 2007, 11:21 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

Originally Posted by smithy 7
A fully rebuilt APi engine for your Vers 5 wrx STi type R is built using genuine Subaru parts, with the exception of the copper backed competition crank bearings ** which are sourced elsewhere, the engine comes with:

NEW standard-bearing-size crank & competition bearings.
4 weight matched & balanced con rods.
NEW pistons and rings & fresh bores. ** Since January 2007, all STi engines are upgraded to forged alloy pistons at no extra cost
Fully overhauled cylinder heads with new valves as nec.
APi rebuilt & improved oil pump.
NEW cam belt, gaskets & oil filter.
ALL re-usable parts chemically cleaned inside & out where appropriate
STi Engines get a repainted red crackle finish inlet manifold

For the sum of : £2200.00 - I recommend an upgrade to steel con rods as that will make the engine bullet proof up to 500 hp - cost is an extra £450.00 but seriously worth every penny.

That is a fixed price and will not change no matter what we find when we strip your original engine. We prefer to rebuild the customers unit rather than create a new
engine, firstly because it is quicker for us. Secondly, It also preserves the vehicle history by keeping the engine number, chassis number and registration number as a matched set to the information held at the DVLA.

If you need fitting we also charge a fixed price ; £550.00, which includes all liquids and consumable parts. The only possible extras might be a clutch or possibly
radiator hoses or sometimes, on the 1997 onwards cars, the rubber induction hose that goes from the inlet pipe under the inlet manifold to the turbo. The jubilee clip cuts into it at the turbo end and the damage is revealed on strip down. We will advise on these parts when we have the car in bits.

We also offer two quite simple, inexpensive improvements that many people find excellent value for money.

The first is a lightened flywheel. When an Impreza clutch wears, it generates heat that damages the surface of the flywheel. Skimming can generally save most.
However, faced with having to do something to the flywheel, most people opt for a fully lightened version at a cost of £150.00. The original weighs 12 Kg's and our lightweight one weighs about 7 Kg's. It brings the benefit of less weight in the rotating parts of the engine, meaning that it will spin up quicker and be more responsive generally.

The second is 'porting the exhaust headers' [ manifold ] The original headers are deliberately made with mismatching of the ports from the cylinder head, this a crude
way of keeping power down. By matching all the joins in the headers to the adjacent pipe we can improve gas flow and speed up to the turbo and get the turbo
spinning far sooner than standard. Usually Imprezas start to build boost at about 3300 rpm, by porting the headers correctly we can start the boost from as low as
2900 in most cases. This gives a much wider spread of usable power and is genuine value for money. Cost is £150.00 and done at the time of the engine repair attracts
no labour charge.
Couldn't have said it better myself !!

David APi
Old 28 March 2007, 02:02 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by APIDavid
Couldn't have said it better myself !!

David APi
Well you said it