Notices

Body Shop in South Wales

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2007, 09:28 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Shop in South Wales

Right lads, as most of you know, i'm just nearing the end of an engine rebuild. Once the engine is sorted then my next plan is to have the car sprayed

I've been a bit unlucky with the car, first an old lady clipped it with her bag and put a nice foot long scratch down the drivers side, then i had two 12yr old kids ride into the passenger side on a trolley, putting a nice dent and scratch in both the door and rear quarter

I want to go for a full respray now and need advice on where to take it as i want this done properly

Is there anywhere close to us that you guys would recommend ??? or is it a case of me going to Scoobyclinic ?

Thanks
Old 31 January 2007, 09:58 PM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

we have always used Ian Davies Auto refinishing Centre, came recommended to us many years ago by some mates and all have used him since. Actually mine going in on Monday.
Old 31 January 2007, 10:10 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A full re-spray now this is a very personal thing as for levels of standards and always difficult to recommend someone for a big job like that.

I do use a place local to me but he has a huge waiting list, I did come across a high end paint shop when collecting a few bits the other week but it's not local, he seems to do a lot of custom work so I assume his standards are high.

Have a word with Bluerigster as he has just had a complete respray a couple of months back... and it looked good to me but as yet not seen it in daylight.
Old 31 January 2007, 11:36 PM
DAVE-W
Scooby Regular

Another recommendation for Ian Davies (ID Autorefinishing Centre, Pontarddulais) - always used him for paintwork on all of my cars.

I need to call in and see him next week actually....I'll keep a look out for your car m8.

Dave
Old 01 February 2007, 12:11 AM
Spyd
Scooby Regular

'Custom Rides' in Cardiff.

Top guys, did most the work on my old Corsa C.

Main distributors of House of Kolor paint in Wales.

Talk to Austin - 029 2036 3633.

Old 01 February 2007, 02:13 AM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Ian Davies painted my missus car and after 6mths its flaking and the Lacquer is peeling quite bad, not exactly encouraging me to choose him. He has been recommended by a lot of people though.
When i went down Ian's he had some very nice motors in there and he quoted me some nice figures

Si - do you happen to have the numbers to those paint shops, be interesting to see what they quote me and how they would go about spraying it(how many coats of paint and Lacquer they'd use)