Notices

Hyeline

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2006, 10:54 AM
Daz187
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hyeline

Hiya guys. Took my car into hyeline on Thursday with an idling problem. He put it on diagnostics machine said the maf and throttle sensor had gone. He changed both, but on Friday started playing up again. He says it's cause of the bailey's dump valve. It's a 97 turbo. Could the dump valve thing be true cause i've had to put the standard recirc valve back on and buy a new maf sensor. He's trying to sell me a hks ssqv. Any ideas?

Cheers
Darren
Old 15 October 2006, 11:56 AM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daz187
Hiya guys. Took my car into hyeline on Thursday with an idling problem. He put it on diagnostics machine said the maf and throttle sensor had gone. He changed both, but on Friday started playing up again. He says it's cause of the bailey's dump valve. It's a 97 turbo. Could the dump valve thing be true cause i've had to put the standard recirc valve back on and buy a new maf sensor. He's trying to sell me a hks ssqv. Any ideas?

Cheers
Darren
Depends on how badly the diaphram is leaking, if the dump valve is leaking that badly it would be constantly leaking pressure when your throttle is completly closed. You would of noticed this as soon as the diaphram started to leak as your dump valve would of started sounding completly different. With your throttle fully open air would have been draw in under vacuum from your inlet manifold but when idiling I'm not convinced as there would have to be one hell of a leak, with a recirculating dump valve fitted is the problem solved?. I would not personally buy a HKS dump valve as there a complete rip off. I would buy a GFB one as there just as good and alot cheaper.

Last edited by bluerigster; 15 October 2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 15 October 2006, 03:42 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Hyeline r a bunch of T**ers, they'll try and sell you anything to make money.
Old 15 October 2006, 03:54 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboDean
Hyeline r a bunch of T**ers, they'll try and sell you anything to make money.
I've pop in there once for a chat and left completely amazed by the amount of bullsh1t they off loaded. Never been there since

Last edited by bluerigster; 16 October 2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 15 October 2006, 10:27 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

No point in mincing your words lads....
Old 15 October 2006, 10:32 PM
S.P.Developments
Scooby Senior

Location: In the workshop or under some one elses car. PROJECT RA 09 IS GO.

Originally Posted by Daz187

Cheers
Darren
Darren,

You should keep the std recirc, forget about the whoosh factor, also stick with the std induction kit, its good upto 350bhp with a kn panel filter, look to change the headers and exuast system...

John