Notices

WARNING - SPOILER THIEVES ABOUT IN CARDIFF

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2006, 08:06 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING - SPOILER THIEVES ABOUT IN CARDIFF

Quick warning for all Cardiff based members - had some chav to55ers try and steal the spoiler from my car last night.

Wife, heard a loud crack and by the time she looked out the window just saw them racing off from where they had stopped opposite my car, Was a small silver hatchback like a 106 or Fiesta.

They didnt get the spoiler off, but managed to smash both base plates and crack the edge of the uprights while trying to force it.

So be on your guard in case they are cruising around looking for parts to steal !
Old 18 March 2006, 08:39 AM
Mr Wallace
Scooby Regular

Unhappy W*****S

Is nothing safe these days, these people should be caught and have the one hand cut off, might stop this theiving off the respectable people who work hard for the nicer things in life!!

Andy
Old 18 March 2006, 08:56 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Worse thing was, this wasnt in the early hours, this was 9.30 last night, on a well lit road that is normally fairly busy even at this time, so they were taking a bit of a risk stopping in the middle of the road to do it.

Plus, one of my neighbours got home about 2 mins after they left, and another was leaving to go out around the same time, so had the thieves turned up a couple of mins later, they would have been caught.

Luckily the spoiler is repairable and I can do it myself, so apart from my time and a couple of quid for materials it hasnt cost much.

Strangely I actually feel some pity for people like this - they may think they are jack the lad nicking stuff now to pay for their weed and fake designer clothes, but when they get to 30 and realise for the rest of their lives they are going to be living in a council house in Ely, working in a factory for min. wage and will never be able to afford a decent car, their mates and the schoolgirls wont be quite so impressed.
Old 18 March 2006, 09:18 AM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Sorry to hear this amazed at how well you are taking it though some good points well made
Old 18 March 2006, 09:23 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Worse thing was, this wasnt in the early hours, this was 9.30 last night, on a well lit road that is normally fairly busy even at this time, so they were taking a bit of a risk stopping in the middle of the road to do it.

Plus, one of my neighbours got home about 2 mins after they left, and another was leaving to go out around the same time, so had the thieves turned up a couple of mins later, they would have been caught.

Luckily the spoiler is repairable and I can do it myself, so apart from my time and a couple of quid for materials it hasnt cost much.

Strangely I actually feel some pity for people like this - they may think they are jack the lad nicking stuff now to pay for their weed and fake designer clothes, but when they get to 30 and realise for the rest of their lives they are going to be living in a council house in Ely, working in a factory for min. wage and will never be able to afford a decent car, their mates and the schoolgirls wont be quite so impressed.
Good points but unfortunately many of these have better standards of life than people who work hard all their lives. PI**ES me off
Old 18 March 2006, 09:32 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Well, I've calmed down a bit since last night I did go for a quick stroll around the block to see if there were any likely looking cars around....

I just consider it could have been much worse - its annoying, but £30 and it'll be fixed - had they actually taken it, or keyed the car, slashed the tyres etc... then it would have cost a lot more.

But no sense getting angry when I dont know who to be angry with.
Old 18 March 2006, 04:23 PM
Rooshkins
Scooby Regular

Well, I've calmed down a bit since last night I did go for a quick stroll around the block to see if there were any likely looking cars around....

I just consider it could have been much worse - its annoying, but £30 and it'll be fixed - had they actually taken it, or keyed the car, slashed the tyres etc... then it would have cost a lot more.

But no sense getting angry when I dont know who to be angry with.
Can I ask what part of Cardiff ? I work in the Bay and get these idiots roaming around all the time. Just recently repaired some damage done on my RB !

Trending Topics

Old 18 March 2006, 05:28 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

In the Heath, but as they were driving they could have been from anywhere I suppose.
Old 18 March 2006, 09:19 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Night OP to get the little *******!!!!
Old 19 March 2006, 09:02 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Yeah, we'll set up a trap - if we all chip in a quid we should be able to afford a 5hitty old Nova, lash on an old ironing board on the back, cover half of it with primer and they wont be able to resist ;0)
Old 19 March 2006, 01:33 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Yeah, we'll set up a trap - if we all chip in a quid we should be able to afford a 5hitty old Nova, lash on an old ironing board on the back, cover half of it with primer and they wont be able to resist ;0)
I'm in. I can supply the ironing board - my old standard newage WRX spoiler
Old 19 March 2006, 03:05 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist
I'm in. I can supply the ironing board - my old standard newage WRX spoiler
Ive got one as well - two chances to catch the little w@n£ers