Notices

Where am I going to go for a service?

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2006, 12:41 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Where am I going to go for a service?

My car needs servicing and I don't know where to take it.

Check my location. I used to use a fairly well known garage not too far from me but the last two services I haven't been happy and I booked the car in for a driveshaft change and the mesed me about and then never bothered to call me.

I know quite a few go to another well known place in the midlands which I was going to try but now I've read a couple of negative comments about them too.

Its driving me mad becuase wherever I go I'm going to be travelling a fair distance and I really need my car serviced properly and thoroughly (sp) because I don't think the last place did a good job.

I've owned my car 3 years and the only service I've ever really been happy with was when it went to Keith Price. Sadly the stealer prices for servicing is a pain in the RS.

Anyone else?
Old 03 March 2006, 12:55 PM
JBJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont mind travelling (its worth it) I can' recomend API enough.
Old 03 March 2006, 01:04 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

How close is Llanarth to you? My brother-in-law uses a specalist 4*4 garage near too him who he highly recommends, don't know what dealings they have with scoobs but I can always ask for you if you wish.

Kind regards

GB
Old 03 March 2006, 01:53 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JBJ
If you dont mind travelling (its worth it) I can' recomend API enough.
Originally Posted by EddScott
I know quite a few go to another well known place in the midlands which I was going to try but now I've read a couple of negative comments about them too.

Anyone else?
Don't know what the issues are but some have come away unhappy.

I guess you can't please everyone all the time though so I will probably go there.

I'm actually waiting for my PSP to arrive before I book so I've got something to do
Old 03 March 2006, 02:18 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

ACE Motorsport 01495 244555
Old 03 March 2006, 08:55 PM
kl 305
Scooby Newbie

Hi mate,
The best I have found and can trust is AWP Engineering Narberth 01834 860707. Looks after my scooby and my works van, hes big into rallying top guy.
Old 03 March 2006, 10:24 PM
205WRC
Scooby Newbie

Can highly recommend AWP Engineering (Wynne Pickersgill) in Narberth. Top bloke, very genuine and an ex Prodrive engineer/mechanic if I recall correctly. He's also s**t hot on 205's - ex 205 challenge driver when McRae and Burns was doing it. Sorted a few problems out for me over the phone when my 205 rally car was playing up.
His garage is a few hundred yards off the Narberth - Kilgetty road. Well worth a call.

Aled

Trending Topics

Old 04 March 2006, 09:45 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 205WRC
Can highly recommend AWP Engineering (Wynne Pickersgill) in Narberth. Top bloke, very genuine and an ex Prodrive engineer/mechanic if I recall correctly. He's also s**t hot on 205's - ex 205 challenge driver when McRae and Burns was doing it. Sorted a few problems out for me over the phone when my 205 rally car was playing up.
His garage is a few hundred yards off the Narberth - Kilgetty road. Well worth a call.

Aled

Might give the guy a call then. Spooky as I'm also looking for another 205 for the GF
Old 05 March 2006, 07:56 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

edd after our last chat i decided to try someone else for my service and so i had my 60k service done at AWP last week,good job and very resonable price .Wynne is a nice guy,who seems to know his stuff.being in narberth its a lot less hassle than going further afield i just left the car there and collected her the next day.
Old 06 March 2006, 01:19 AM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboDean
ACE Motorsport 01495 244555
hi mate, is that your silver turbo at andys at the moment? i was theres thursday having some tyres fitted on my rally car, is that your car there?
Old 09 March 2006, 10:26 PM
Quincy
Scooby Newbie

Have you tried Martin Davies at M&S engineering in Withybush, Haverfordwest? We've just started taking the wifes Golf there for servicing, and he seems to have a good reputation. Seems to be good so far, and i'm planning on taking the Scoob there in a few months for the 50k service.
Old 11 March 2006, 02:46 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Quincy
Have you tried Martin Davies at M&S engineering in Withybush, Haverfordwest? We've just started taking the wifes Golf there for servicing, and he seems to have a good reputation. Seems to be good so far, and i'm planning on taking the Scoob there in a few months for the 50k service.
I'm going to try this chap in Narbeth however I may still look around until I find someone I really trust.

Seen you a few times in the morning recently. I'm coming down the hill to Fred Rees roundabout and your coming from St Davids' about 9.10 ish. Been using the the misses Astra during the week whilst the weather isn't too hot.

Not sure on the blacked out rear lights Pretty car though. Like bug STIs in black
Old 13 March 2006, 02:03 PM
Quincy
Scooby Newbie

Yep, thats me, probably negotiating the dreaded school run from just up the St.Davids road to Prendergast! I was walking home on Saturday evening after work (trying to keep fit!) up Thomas Parry Way, and out of four cars that passed me, three were Scoob STI's!!
I'm on days this coming weekend in H/west station, so there will be some serious polishing done in between calls!
As for my black rear lights; i lurve 'em!
Old 13 March 2006, 03:49 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Well its at AWP for servicing and general check up. I know the drivers inner shaft is leaking so that needs sorting out.

Turned up and there was a golf rally car there - owner only lives at the top of my street in Haverfordwest

On the way back just outside Narbeth I noticed a house with some land and it seemed full of 205GTIs?????? Lovely looking Miami Blue on a lift.

We'll see how she gets on and report back.
Old 13 March 2006, 07:44 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Edd - was the chap Wyn Pick's by any chance ?

Ive been down to hima few times, clutches and services and in 8yrs of scooby ownership, i have never met anyone who knows them as well as he does.... Absolute God.... Ex Prodrive Mechanic

Have to say that Dave Coe in Gorseinon is pretty good aswell..... Highly recommend both of them......
Old 20 March 2006, 01:40 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Just like to say a big thank you for putting me in touch with AWP and Wyn

Excellent job even though its just a service. There were a couple of things I knew were up with the car (minor cover weap) which they picked up and which other places have failed to spot. Sorted my driveshaft without needing to replace it.

Shes got the belt and 'box oils to do in August and for sure I'll be using AWP.

Thanks again chaps