Notices

Fitting/replacing scooby parts

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2005, 08:35 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting/replacing scooby parts

I'd just like to say a big thanks to "p1prodrive" from ScoobyWales forum, (not sure if he's registered on SN).

I took my car to his lockup in Barry today to have my Walbro 255 fitted.

I must admit I was a little apprehensive beforehand as not only do I normally get main dealers or recommended garages to do work on my cars, I had never even met him before. I had originally planned to get it fitted by Powerstation next week but they've recently put up their hourly rate and wanted £50+VAT to put it in.

p1prodrive (Matt) offered to do it for £25 so I bit the bullet and took it over this afternoon. Matt was really friendly and took great care with my car, being sure not to mark or scratch it, etc. He also took his time over it and didn't get flustered when things started get a bit 'challenging', (a nut disappeared down the side of the fuel tank, under the boot floor).

He was also able to offer advice on whether I needed to change the fuel filter sock, etc.

I cannot recommend him highly enough, if you want any work done locally by someone who knows what they're doing and for virtually mate rates, give him a shout.

Thanks Matt

Rich.