Notices

Apexi Power FC Advice

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2005, 02:00 PM
J88SET
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi Power FC Advice

I have an Sti 3 Wagon sat in Avonmouth ready to be picked up, it has turned out to be slightly.................... modified and has an Apexi Power FC fitted, can it be run in the short term just on Optimax and do I need to get it remapped, if so, where ???? in the Cardiff area. Any advice would be welcome.
Old 25 May 2005, 02:42 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

has this car just come into the country? if so you should put octane booster on as well as optimax until it is remapped - some still put in booster afterwards for peace of mind. If not is there a chance it has been mapped already?

as for mapping the 'Godfarthers' seem to be Bob Rawle (B.R. developments) and Ian blumer (TSL), both of which are over the bridge but you won't find a bad word said about either.
Old 25 May 2005, 03:21 PM
J88SET
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by pippyrips
has this car just come into the country? if so you should put octane booster on as well as optimax until it is remapped - some still put in booster afterwards for peace of mind. If not is there a chance it has been mapped already?

as for mapping the 'Godfarthers' seem to be Bob Rawle (B.R. developments) and Ian blumer (TSL), both of which are over the bridge but you won't find a bad word said about either.
The car is just in the country, apart from stripping off all the mods and then replacing them for SVA it has not been touched, I will take your advice and run octane booster until I can work out the full extent of the mods to the engine, not easy when trying to work out from photos so far.