Notices

Need to get my brakes sorted before Japfest!

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2004, 12:34 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Need to get my brakes sorted before Japfest!

My brakes have now started playing up a bit. At first it was just a noise coming from them when braking at about 40-50. Now I can feel the pedal moving under my foot. When pulling to a stop its not smooth and at one point I thougt it was the clutch dragging.

Anyway, with Japfest a week away I need someone who will be able to check the brakes over and get them fixed/replaced whatever needs doing. I daren't leave them until we come back from Japfest as I'll be doing a fair few miles that weekend.

Does DRJ keep Impreza parts in stock? I could take it to a mate locally and buy the discs and pads myself but would rather someone with a bit of know how make sure it is the brakes and what needs doing rather than me just guessing, spending money and finding out its something else. Any ideas on prices anyone? Its an MY00.

TIA.
Old 16 May 2004, 06:35 PM
Leg@cy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
My brakes have now started playing up a bit. At first it was just a noise coming from them when braking at about 40-50. Now I can feel the pedal moving under my foot. When pulling to a stop its not smooth and at one point I thougt it was the clutch dragging.

Anyway, with Japfest a week away I need someone who will be able to check the brakes over and get them fixed/replaced whatever needs doing. I daren't leave them until we come back from Japfest as I'll be doing a fair few miles that weekend.

Does DRJ keep Impreza parts in stock? I could take it to a mate locally and buy the discs and pads myself but would rather someone with a bit of know how make sure it is the brakes and what needs doing rather than me just guessing, spending money and finding out its something else. Any ideas on prices anyone? Its an MY00.

TIA.
You won't go far wrong with Ian down in brigend (godspeed)!!!!

he know a thing or 2 about brakes!!!!!!

Old 17 May 2004, 12:48 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Front pads look fair worn and the discs have a bit of a lip on them and feel and look very uneven to the touch.

Got Friday off and have sorted pads and discs from local factors so give me something to do.