Notices

speed camera by marquis arms on carmarthen road

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2004, 10:53 AM
real_welshboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed camera by marquis arms on carmarthen road

I was snapped last night doing 38 in a 30, the camera is by sunshine boulavard heading into swansea, it snapped me as I passed it, anyone know if they fill these with film?
Old 24 April 2004, 01:34 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

How many times did it flash?

Once usually means no film.

Twice means that it was fully loaded.

Kev
Old 25 April 2004, 01:53 AM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

dunno about that one, my m8 got done by the one by swansea garages near tesco a while back
mark
Old 25 April 2004, 10:21 AM
real_welshboy
Scooby Regular

it was twice...
Old 25 April 2004, 04:29 PM
cefski
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by real_welshboy
it was twice...
Means you've probably been nicked, then.

You should get a detector of some sort or a GPS warning unit. I bought a Bel Target Euro 550 a few years back. Has never let me down as far as GATSOs are concerned.

Edited to add - the reason it flashes twice is because it takes two photos. the time between the two photos is fixed so that your true speed can be calculated by measuring the distance you've travelled between photo 1 and photo 2.

Kev

Last edited by cefski; 25 April 2004 at 04:36 PM.
Old 26 April 2004, 04:38 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

picking up my kids from school one day a bloke was changing film in one going into cardiff he said they only take 99 photos and after that flash away not doing bugger all lets hope you were the 100th through
Old 26 April 2004, 08:36 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

I got flashed twice by the camera going the opposite way. I knew i wasnt speeding and went straight to Cockett Police station to enquire. They told me to ignore it and if anything did come through the post then i would have to go back and bring it up. Nothing ever did come through for it.
I have seen these camera's flash twice when there aint even a car going through.
I wasnt so lucky the other night though. I had just driven home from having a meal in Swansea. Pulled up outside my house and as i turned the igniton off i had the only to familiar flashing blue lights behind me(im parked at this point and half out of car). They asked if i wouldnt mind sitting in the back of their slow *** little volvo. I didnt think i had done anything wrong. They then informed me that i appeared to accelerate whilst going up a hill towards my house. They went on to say they had calibrated clocks on their car and i was in the high 40's to 50mph zone. They wrote me my ticket and kicked me out.. 3points and a fine for something they say i appeared to have done. Told me to fight it in court but there was 2 of them who would give matching statements so i would be fighting a losing battle(his own words).

How can this be full use of Police time ?
Can they honestly get away with just writing me a ticket cos i appeared to accelerate ? they were parked and they were that far behind me that by the time i had parked and getting out they were only then pulling in behind me.
They werent even parked in a side street, they were parked at the bottom of the hill i came up, i had even seen them so why would i go that fast ?