Notices

meets in north wales

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2004, 09:25 PM
Scooby-Mike
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool meets in north wales

Does anyone meet up in north wales (llandudno/colwyn bay area). Been looking through the posts but cant find any locals?
Old 29 March 2004, 05:07 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes there are a few of us???!!!

but its all gone very quiet here lately

Steve
Old 30 March 2004, 12:08 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

There are a few of us here but yes it has gone really quiet in here, more like a south wales forum really, might see you out and about I've got a reddish blue classic turbo wagon, I live over on Anglesey.

Dave
Old 30 March 2004, 03:04 PM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Hi there.

I'm another Anglesey Scooby owner - WRX STI model. Keeping an eye out, and a thumbs up, for other Scooby owners whilst I'm out and about.

I missed the run from Parc Menai at the end of Feb, heard it was quite an event! Don't want to miss another top outing.

There are some truely breath-taking views to drive through in this region - Betws, Beddgelert, etc. It would be a shame not to be out in the sun during the next few months cruising those parts. If anyone does know of an event coming up, that would be ace.

later
Jas.
Old 30 March 2004, 07:30 PM
Scooby-Mike
Scooby Regular

Talking

All you guys from north wales, we should arrange an event.
Any suggestion??
Old 30 March 2004, 08:50 PM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Shhhhhush – you may wake us all up!!

Hi everyone and welcome mhar737.
Sadly, Its a bit quiet for North Wales around here at the moment – we’ve had runs out in the past and tried to organise one a few weeks ago but unfortunately most people were unavailable.
Jas – you’re right, stunning roads and scenery in the area.

So – James, Rob + Richie, Dave, Johnwrx, Frank, Dave Roberts, Steve, Ray and anyone else - where are you all and what are you up to?
Old 30 March 2004, 11:01 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Hi Carl how's things? We'll definately have to organise something now the weather is getting nicer. I will have to play it by ear at the moment though as Mrs.Scoobypreza only has 5 weeks until her due date so I'm still sorting out the house and waiting for a call.
Changing the subject I took a trip up to Well Lane on sunday to see what the Scoob is pushing and was pretty happy with the result, 242 bhp, not bad for just a de-cat centre, backbox and modded air-box with standard bhp being 208. At least now when people ask how much power it has I can tell them.
Anyway we'll have to sort something, seen Rob and Ritchie about but not to talk too, think Ray's scoob is still of the road as well. Not sure about the others but I'll 99% be up for it.
MrClyfar, where about's you from, I'm in Llanfairpwll, have to meet up for a chat. I've got a reddish blue classic turbo wagon with STi 7 gold alloys. Which one is yours?

Dave

Trending Topics

Old 31 March 2004, 08:16 AM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Hi there.

I'm from Llanfairpwll also, I've got a blue STI 8, recently modded by adding a few graphics on it last week. I'm trying to sort out some photos for the gallery, but the graphic is the Subaru Rally Team USA swoosh type, in case anyone spots me.

I can't recall if I've seen your car scoobypreza, though most likely I have passed it - my memory isn't as it used to be (He says in an old man's voice!)

later dudes.
Jas.
Old 31 March 2004, 08:50 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Mr.Clyfar, I think I passed you the other night, I was coming down from Spar direction and you where coming up from the junction(it was dark by the way), if it was you, the only other STi8 around with graphics is Rob and Ritchie's and I know it wasn't them from the plate, think this was had a J plate on it but not sure. You don't live up towards Spar, when coming from the junction, on the left hand side, bit up from opposite the bowling green? I live up by Kwik Save, end house opposite. Hopefully see you about.

Dave

Last edited by scoobypreza; 31 March 2004 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 31 March 2004, 08:57 AM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Yo.

Yeah that's right, I live opposite the bowling green. I went ahead to get different graphics from Rob, didn't want to look like a His 'n' Her's car set! The main differences are the side graphic and the reg plate - oh and the fact that he's a much nuttier driver then me!

Jas.
Old 31 March 2004, 10:28 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Did someone say NW meet ?
Old 31 March 2004, 03:41 PM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Calm down Steve – It takes ages for us to organise a meet and I know you only wanna show that new car off. Here’s hoping we can sort something soon though.

Good to hear from you Dave – sounds like the car is going well !!
Jas – Your car sounds like a bit of a looker – love the style of SRT USA graphics – get the piccys up mate !!

If anyone’s around – I’ll be at the Astra stages this weekend – keep a look out for you all.

Right then – anyone joining me in going to the Northern Big One 2 this year?
It’s on Sunday 13th June 2004.
Here’s the link to read about it : NBO2 I would imagine we would meet up with the North West convoy again on the M6.

Carl…..
Old 31 March 2004, 08:45 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Might well be making the pilgrimage to the NBO2 just have to see how the imminant baby and the Mrs is then.
Definately up for a run out though.
MrClyfar, don't know if you are interested but I've got a very nice STI Genome stainless backbox with 5" tailpipe (Jap import) and also a bailey dumpvalve that would fit on your intercooler in blue anodised, wanting to sell both so if you are interested let me know or if anyone else knows anyone that may be interested drop me a line.

TTFN
Dave
Old 01 April 2004, 07:50 AM
CC
Scooby Regular

Hi! Almost north wales here (Chester) and spend alot of time over the border....I'd be up for a meet, commitments permitting.
Old 01 April 2004, 08:24 AM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Hi again.

Cheers for that Scoobypreza, but I literally just installed a Turbosmart BOV yesterday - it sounds well ace! I opted for an Afterburner Vortex exhaust a few weeks ago, not as big as yours though (oo-er), sounds like a 5" would make a nice rumble!

I'll keep an ear to the ground for anyone that might be on the lookout for a new bit of kit, I'll let you know ASAP.

Ho do I post images onto this newsgroup? I've got a few pics to put up, but I'm not sure how to. I looked at the img tag, but it looks like you need to point it to another URL? Can't I just post an JPG?

later
Jas.
Old 01 April 2004, 11:17 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Talking

EXCITED ME???

its just tooooooo long since the last one, i need an adrenalin rush

is the Astras on Sunday? might go

Steve

BTW CC where in Chester?

Last edited by Steve001; 01 April 2004 at 11:39 AM. Reason: just for the hell of it
Old 01 April 2004, 06:04 PM
Scooby-Mike
Scooby Regular

Default nbo

When and where is the nbo? what time does every one meet?

any info would be appreciated.

So when are we north wales guys going to meet?????
Old 01 April 2004, 08:39 PM
Ch!lledBudwei2er
Scooby Regular

Well I for one am hoping for another summer up at ty croes, sprinkles with a little Betws Y Coes and maybe a side helping of Bala!

Oh and hoping to go along on the Evo run....with Evo mag
Old 01 April 2004, 10:20 PM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Hi all,
mhar737 - Check out the first page of the link in my post above for some more NBO2 info, although to quickly sum up the NBO1 last year :
5 scoobys from North Wales (yes Steve, that includes U !!) meet up with around 30 scoobs from the North West and all travel in convoy to Ripon to meet up with around 400 scoobs from all over the country in one field. Meet, chat, look at other scoobs, trade stands, etc !!

Recognise anyone here !!

Steve – the Astras on Saturday – change your plans man !!

Jas – you need to register with a host (like photobucket.com) for your pictures and then tag them to this site - If you want me to host some piccys for you send me an email with them attached and I’ll get them up (this is all providing the above picky worked !!)

Chilled – is there a run scheduled with the evo boys – if so, I’m definitely interested.

Finally, Anyone else thinking of the NBO2 ? – If so, I’ll start another post and get some names down and send some emails out to those who haven’t been on here for a while.

Carl...
Old 02 April 2004, 04:29 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Hi there MrClyfar....
We use Imagestation
Dead easy to use.
Once you have uploaded your photos you click right button on your mouse, go to Properties then cut and paste the URL location of the photo into your post. You need to type [IMG] "Your url image location goes here" [/IMG]
Or if you chose Go Advanced you can use the insert picture box if thats easier.
Hope this helps
Cath
mrs.scoobypreza

Last edited by scoobypreza; 02 April 2004 at 04:47 AM.
Old 02 April 2004, 08:19 AM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Yo there.

Here are a few images from the weekend.

I'll get some clearer one's posted soon.

later.
Jas.
Old 02 April 2004, 10:41 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Car's looking good MrClyfar! Think you went past my house tonight about 7.30, if it wasn't you it was Rob. Next time you go past Kwiks have a look up the drive opposite cos I may be up the drive with the scoob (in garage at top).

Dave
Old 03 April 2004, 09:26 PM
richie_wales
Scooby Regular

Talking

hi all,
yes we are still about but i don't seem to find the time to log into the forum as i know i would be here for hours. i see that dave and jason have finally introduced themselves seeing as you live only a few yards away from each other!!!!!

jas > the good thing about you getting your car stickered up like ours is that rob can now get away with doing silly things and we can blame you

carl> how r u? did you have a good day at the astra stages today? did john elias moider on about vw's all day......how dreary (says rob!!!!)

we saw james the other day, it was nice to catch up with him and nerys, thanks for the panad by the way

well we are going out for a bit of a spin with a few other scoobynutters tomorrow if anyone is interested, i know it is a bit late notice but if you do fancy coming along send an email.

richie

p.s. i shall try my best to keep up to date with what is going on in scooby land but if something interesting is going on and you havent seen me online for a bit then please text rob or myself
Old 03 April 2004, 09:30 PM
richie_wales
Scooby Regular

p.p.s.

dave> hope everything is going ok with cath and the baby........not long to go now.....say hi for me and wish cath good luck