Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2002, 09:16 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

pulled me tonight in my own street and booked me for my fog lights
had a £30 fine and a producer..
i think he is a F*****G low life jobs worth..i'am going to wait till he retires and then give him a f*****g good hiding..!!!!!!!

[Edited by lee mclaughlan - 10/10/2002 9:17:29 PM]
Old 10 October 2002, 11:06 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Tell me about it lee. The coppers in wales are right tossers. Waste of time.
Old 11 October 2002, 12:27 AM
cjones944
Scooby Regular

Question

Was it foggy?

If not, why did you have them on?
Old 11 October 2002, 11:53 AM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

....absolute b*ll*cks.....I'd argue against that.....those lights are DRIVING lights not fog lights (unless you have fitted higher wattage bulbs). Show him your manual, it clearly states they are driving lights.

Any normal person could see that they are no brighter than your head lights.....

I say challenge it !!!
Old 13 October 2002, 02:52 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

To right mate i'm in North Wales cops won't listen that they are driving lamps "T*****S"

SCOOBY FELLA
Old 13 October 2002, 05:26 PM
evo kid
Scooby Regular

i live in north wales , got done a few times for fog lights in my old corsa (upgraded to evo 6) learn my lesson now and got them wired up to main beam ,
Old 14 October 2002, 01:03 PM
Cyberformance
Scooby Regular

Angry

The police dont know any thing they have a totaly diffrent rules all to them selves they book you send you to get it fixed and in the MOT book it is a pass but they say it is a fail. There are 4 diffrent rules out there you have the MOT rules, The Police's own rules, Construction of use and there is the road traffict act. So which 1 do they go buy the 1 that costs you money the police rules gits. Why did he just ask you to switch them off probably p off that he drives a disel pug blody jealous git
Old 14 October 2002, 10:27 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Cool

thanks boys.!!!
glad your all on my side...felling a bit better now.

steve_H i'am giving it some thought..

LEE MAC.

[Edited by lee mclaughlan - 10/14/2002 10:30:30 PM]
Old 14 October 2002, 10:34 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Red face

cjones944 i take it you are a copper with a reply like that.???
Old 17 October 2002, 08:55 AM
R.B.5
Scooby Regular

I've recently been done for some new lights i put on the car. Got the PIAA side lights (L.E.D) type and didnt realise they were "blue" and i do mean "blue" and very bright. I looked like a coppa meself, got told once to go home, didn't listen and then this Bitch pulled me and booked me. £30 squids please she said. I am not paying the fine and *cough* ripped up the ticket there and then

B0ll0x to em is what i say. They are just bloody lights! Whats the big deal with the coppa's being benders about it all. Gay i tell you, gay!

So i went out and bought some new ones this weekend "white" supposedly but they still look kinda "blue" so i wait now to be pulled and make it £60...hehehe

Xenons here we come, i'm gonna blind em if i cant have my side lights
Old 17 October 2002, 09:32 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Wink

good on you gav.!!
Old 18 October 2002, 08:05 AM
richard_scs
Scooby Newbie

I notice nobody responded to cjones944 question! Why do people drive with their fog lights on when there is no fog? I cover avout 1000 miles a week all over the country and notice people using fog lights in preference to their normal headlights, while others us both, even at dusk or dawn time, when visability is not that bad. Is this just a show off thing, look at me I have fog lights, or something? I can't remember the last time I had to use mine.
Old 18 October 2002, 04:23 PM
LeonB
Scooby Regular

Cool

When i got stopped a few years back they fined me £20 and told me it was due to me causing unnecesary glare to oncoming traffic, this was at 3am and i hadn't passed a car on my 15 mile journey home from work! How pathetic is that?

My question at the time was what about vehicles that are higher off the road like land rovers etc...i find their lights to cause much more glare than a normal car with fog lights on. So why aren't they fined every time they turn their lights on?
That shut him up and he just handed me a ticket and walked off!
Old 18 October 2002, 05:07 PM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Angry

.....look, fog doesn't come into it !! They're NOT fog lights.

They're driving lamps, if they were fog lights they'd have a much higher wattage bulb in them and would need a more focussed beam of light to try and cut through the fog.

nuff said.

Old 18 October 2002, 05:37 PM
evo kid
Scooby Regular

what you got against landroves ? ive got one of them as well :-)
Old 18 October 2002, 08:29 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

all I can say is richard_scs read STEVE_H posts.!!

cheers steve, LEE MAC

[Edited by lee mclaughlan - 10/18/2002 8:31:49 PM]
Old 19 October 2002, 11:13 AM
richardmis
Scooby Newbie

This is from richard_scs. As I am replying from home, and not work, I had to create a new user as my other password is at work.

So as richard_scs I would like to make the following points.

According to my Subaru Owner's Manual the lights fitted into the front spoiler are FOG lights. I give the page references if anyone has a problem with this. So, as far as I am concerned, and it seems Subaru, these lights are fog lights.

The highway code is clear as to when fog lights can be used and not used.

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 do not mention anything about certain power bulbs for fog lights, and different power for other front mounted lights.

So, in my opinion, based on the above, the lights in question are most deifinitely fog lights, and as such must be used in accordance with the highway code.

If anyone can show definitive legal arguements to contradict the above, that is fine, but personal opinion, not based on facts will not do.

Old 19 October 2002, 09:20 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Yep. lights are fog lights. Think its a bit harsh booking Lee though just for having them on. A friendly warning would have been better. Still pigs will be pigs.

Chip.
Old 20 October 2002, 01:15 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Wink

cheer's chip.

RICHARD i'am not getting in to an argument about it, but my point is that the police should have more serious things to sort out than booking someone for using the fog lights on there car.!!!
If you ask me it's easy money for them.!! and probably a patt on the back when they get back to the station....

LEE MAC
Old 20 October 2002, 02:18 PM
richardmis
Scooby Newbie

Hi Lee

I don't want to argue about it either. The point is, as I see it, is a quite word from the police such as "Do you realise fog lights should only be used in fog, and you are commiting an offence?" would be more approriate, as long as notice is taken of the warning. On the other hand, we should not get upset if we break the law and get caught. I am speaking now as someone who has 9 points on their license at present for speed. I know the speed limit, I chose to ignore it and got caught a few times. I don't go blaming the police, it was my fault, I take the responsiblity.

Where do you draw the line at what offenses the police ignore. I take your car for a joy ride and get caught. Can I complain, why are the police catching me and not all those peadophiles.

I know it is harsh a £30 fine for something you consider trivial, but its done, lets learn and move on.

Hope this exchange has not caused any bad feeling, and if it has, that was not the intention.

Richard
Old 22 October 2002, 08:59 AM
R.B.5
Scooby Regular

Lol at this thread!

I say use the lights more and rip the tickets up like i have. Lets give the coppers some **** like they give us eh, i always give attitude to nasty cops! I do it all the time (if you get arsey ones, which is normally 9/10, be arsey back). Whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

I also rev the nuts off my car while leaving the scene. Obviously not in gear, just put clutch down and kinda boost some! lol i think its well funny and well lets face it what can they do? I have a few very good friends who are coppers and would not label all coppers as pigs but most are.

I'm making it my personal mission to get H.I.D's (dual beam-legal) to blind the coppers that want to see some lighting action! When confronted about it i'll present my "e" certificate and show them the markings, they can then wipe my ****!

Old 22 October 2002, 04:54 PM
richardmis
Scooby Newbie

R.B.5

I hope one day you blow your engine, it seems to me you act like a big spoilt kid, and give the rest of us a bad name, and now wonder the police can be "nasty" when they have to deal with the likes of you.
Old 22 October 2002, 08:36 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Red face

NOW NOW.... BOYS.!!! Don't you two start...

Old 22 October 2002, 08:43 PM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Wink

Richard,
Just a word of warning there is a brand new 02 unmarked Ford Mondeo ST220 in silver, prowling around your area with two uniformed police officer's in it...
Would'nt want you to pick up any more points...

LEE MAC
Old 22 October 2002, 08:53 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

I go the same thing - that switch is a PITA - you nudge it and before you know it <blues flashing lights>.

I'm lucky though, I was pulled a few days after getting my car and the guys recognised me from previous XR2 days, when I was the 'anti-XR2' driver i.e. not a complete tosser. I was let go with a warning, again it was the 'dazzle' comment I heard. I've since changed the switch to have a red led come in with them.
Old 23 October 2002, 01:47 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Wink

Go for it RB 5.

I was looking through the draw the other day and noticed a jar up out the way. In it were all the speeding and foglight tickets i had accumulated over the years. Lets just say there were tickets coming out over the top.

I remember when plod used to issue me with the tickets only to have a load of abuse back in return. The way i look at it is that you may has well give them something back for your £30. However on a few occassions this has nearly got me arrested. Oh yeh and the two assults on me, but hey it was worth it. Besides the fogs make the car look better. hehe!!!

Im nice as pie to people who treat me nicely but if they get all arsey then they get lip. Whats the matter with that? Anyway a vast majority of valley 50 have got real chips on their shoulders, and they treat alot of younger people like dirt. Give it to em is what i say.

Scrappy dappy doooooooooooo!!!!! Poppy power!!
Old 23 October 2002, 03:49 AM
richardmis
Scooby Newbie

Lee

Thanks for the warning. Don't want anymore points, although I lose 6 next month. Got those coming back from Greenock Scotland late at night 440 miles in 5hrs 10 mins, wonder I did not get more.

Richard
Old 23 October 2002, 09:32 AM
R.B.5
Scooby Regular

Richardmis: Lmfao @ you mate! Does it look like i care about what you think of me.....hahahahahahah man i'm almost falling off my chair laffin so much!

Get this straight, I pay Road TAX, I pay Motor Insurance and most importantly I pay for the car I own and the bulbs I put in it. If I choose to drive around with non conforming side lights and I mean not FOG LIGHTS, SIDE LIGHTS, which are dull in comparison then its my choice. The coppers today need to grow up and give people more warnings before "just get in our car, and issue £30 quid fine" antics.

If you have a problem with me then sort it out, dont post stupid blow your engine up ****e! tssk tssk. That makes you just as childish as me now doesn't it. lol mate!

Old 23 October 2002, 09:00 PM
richardmis
Scooby Newbie

R.B.5

I am sorry, you were right, may comments were as childish as yours are, and I apologise for that.

Don't hurt yourself falling off your chair laughing, I would hate to be responsible for any injuries you might suffer.

Richard
Old 24 October 2002, 02:32 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Talking

LOL @ RB5

Roll-on the Lancer thread. hehe!!!

Why dont you just get it over with and fit flood lights to the front. That way it will blind the plod permanantly and they wont be able to write out the tickets. haha!!

Quick Reply: police are w*****s