Notices

Forged pistons

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2016, 09:55 AM
pea
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forged pistons

Can anybody on here give me some advice on fitting forged pistons and rings to my2005 wrx please size and brand name would be much appreciated obviously won't be fitting myself as I can just about manage an oil change thanks👍
Old 12 June 2016, 11:45 AM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

Hi Pea,

If you not planning on doing the yourself, I'd probably ask the garage advice on which pistons.

Brand of pistons is all relevant to your budget and what sort of power output your looking.

One last think, because your forged pistons will be a different dish shape which means your compression ratio will alter so your probably going to need a remap.

Chris
Old 12 June 2016, 12:23 PM
pea
Scooby Regular

Default Forged pistons

Originally Posted by pea
Can anybody on here give me some advice on fitting forged pistons and rings to my2005 wrx please size and brand name would be much appreciated obviously won't be fitting myself as I can just about manage an oil change thanks👍
I certainly won't be doing it myself car running about 315 at moment induction kit stainless steel exhaust with decat walboro pump pink injectors bigger intercooler just wouldn't mind forging pistons maybe bigger turbo just not sure piston size or make don't really want much more power just want to protect engine
Old 12 June 2016, 12:40 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pea
I certainly won't be doing it myself car running about 315 at moment induction kit stainless steel exhaust with decat walboro pump pink injectors bigger intercooler just wouldn't mind forging pistons maybe bigger turbo just not sure piston size or make don't really want much more power just want to protect engine
I think you need to decide what you want the car to do before you buy anything.
Old 12 June 2016, 12:47 PM
pea
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazney101
I think you need to decide what you want the car to do before you buy anything.
Just want to change pistons and rings and leave rods and crank just not sure about the sizes 92.5,93.0 ?
Old 12 June 2016, 04:48 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pea
Just want to change pistons and rings and leave rods and crank just not sure about the sizes 92.5,93.0 ?
Yes but what you want from the car will decide what route to go.

And if youre breaking the engine down for the sake of 500quid you may as wellput some rods in to...
Old 12 June 2016, 05:00 PM
pea
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Yes but what you want from the car will decide what route to go.

And if youre breaking the engine down for the sake of 500quid you may as wellput some rods in to...
Ye this is the sort of advice I'm after but would u also change crankshaft aswell if doing rods where would be a good place to purchase the parts also please
Old 12 June 2016, 05:12 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pea
Ye this is the sort of advice I'm after but would u also change crankshaft aswell if doing rods where would be a good place to purchase the parts also please
No standard crank is good for well over 500bhp
Old 12 June 2016, 05:15 PM
pea
Scooby Regular

No standard crank is good for well over 500bhp
500 sounds good but must cost arm and leg to get that sort of bhp thanks for ur advice the trooper normally helps me out just wish I new a bit more mechanicaly myself lol
Old 12 June 2016, 05:22 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pea
500 sounds good but must cost arm and leg to get that sort of bhp thanks for ur advice the trooper normally helps me out just wish I new a bit more mechanicaly myself lol
Your best bet is to go and see a reputable engine builder and have a chat.

Tell them what you want and let them decide what to fit etc.

Without knowing specs or what you are after it is impossible to advise really. And you are 100% right about the cost of a 500hp build. I've just finished mine and the missus wasn't very happy lol
Old 12 June 2016, 05:27 PM
pea
Scooby Regular

Your best bet is to go and see a reputable engine builder and have a chat.

Tell them what you want and let them decide what to fit etc.

Without knowing specs or what you are after it is impossible to advise really. And you are 100% right about the cost of a 500hp build. I've just finished mine and the missus wasn't very happy lol
I bet did u do it ur self and how much u running what model is it,I was looking round on jap day and there was an older gentlemen there with a blob and he was running 600 + but think I heard right when he said he had put 60 grand plus in to it
Old 12 June 2016, 05:29 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pea
I bet did u do it ur self and how much u running what model is it,I was looking round on jap day and there was an older gentlemen there with a blob and he was running 600 + but think I heard right when he said he had put 60 grand plus in to it
Running 500 on low boost, don't know what will happen when we put the race fuel etc in!!! This is in a totally stripped gc8, so it's pretty brutal

Engine tuner in Plymouth built the engine and installed it for me. I do everything else on the car myself though!
Old 12 June 2016, 05:34 PM
pea
Scooby Regular

Running 500 on low boost, don't know what will happen when we put the race fuel etc in!!! This is in a totally stripped gc8, so it's pretty brutal

Engine tuner in Plymouth built the engine and installed it for me. I do everything else on the car myself though!
Japday next year for u then maybe or japfest even I keep an eye out for the beast 👍
Old 12 June 2016, 05:35 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pea
Japday next year for u then maybe or japfest even I keep an eye out for the beast 👍
Well shall see! No doubt I'll have broken it again. By then lol