Notices

SOUTH WALES MEET! 8/11/15

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2015, 12:43 PM
Eros
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOUTH WALES MEET! 8/11/15

Ok just posting this on behalf of a club member. He's trying to get a meet going so wanted to help.

Google Maps

South wales Subaru meet!
Remembrance Sunday (8/11/15)
Meeting point is the 'Steel Horse Cafe' just outside of Abergavenny. Postcode is NP7 9AY. (photo above)
I think about 10:00am - 10:30am is a good time, let me know if anyone thinks against this!

The Cafe serves coffee and breakfast from 9:30 so i'm sure we'll give them some business! (I certainly will) aha.

Everyone is welcome, if you could let me know before hand if you are going to turn up so i have a rough idea of numbers.

This is the first meet up i have literally ever arranged so don't expect anything amazing, just a gathering of enthusiasts!

I'm hoping this will go down well and will be the first of many.

Cheers!
Old 30 October 2015, 11:51 AM
R88 GUP
Scooby Newbie

On my doorstep!

Away up north for an engagement party but if this is a regular thing ill be on board as live in Abergavenny
Old 30 October 2015, 04:32 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Bad day. This is Remembrance Sunday and I know where I and many others who care will be.
Old 31 October 2015, 02:18 PM
Eros
Scooby Regular

I've not organized it mate to be fair we've had a few on the forum and facebook page around Wales asking about meets didn't even know you had anything going on so wasn't to step on toes either.

But as far as I know he's happy to keep it going but I've also told him about the meet in Cardiff too so he might be popping along. Few people by looks of it still going this meet

I'm sure they do care people remember in their own way or unless they hate poppies

Lest we forget

Last edited by Eros; 31 October 2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 31 October 2015, 04:09 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Perhaps they could post it on here themselves.
Old 31 October 2015, 04:24 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good idea but I will have to give this one a miss as unfortunately I have plans but it may be a good idea for the future.
Old 31 October 2015, 06:35 PM
Eros
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Perhaps they could post it on here themselves.
Perhaps they could but I see no harm in helping other people out. So not sure what the problem is but feel free to go on the forum and have your say also
http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forum...es-meet-81115/

maybe sort something out and help each other. Or maybe not

At the end of the day how I see it most of us are after one thing to enjoy the subaru community, shame some feel the need to make it hard work.

Last edited by Eros; 31 October 2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 31 October 2015, 06:57 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

I know the previous owners of that pub well but not been there since their ownership, nice pub and top food back in the day. The owner's or tenants now cater more for bikers and always seems busy when I pass it at the weekends. Good luck with the meet and hope you get a tidy turnout.
Old 31 October 2015, 07:21 PM
Eros
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate

Well hopefully you guys can meet up and have two meets or they can merge to your's if you both like. As I said before it wasn't done to upset or offend anyone You're welcome to post up meets on that forum too they're good bunch all friendly.

I know my profile says I've been here from 2013 but I've been here longer than that 2nd account I thought it was my log in details but turned out it was when I moved house static ip or something but this was an easier name to type in so stuck with this one Haha. not a prolific poster here though either as you might see

Yeah not sure if you read the post in the link, they said it wasn't cheap but a good pub for food, which is a win win for me I see it was more a motorbike meeting pub when I had a look at the reviews. I used to use a biker pub myself when I first started doing local meets. Nice to get out of the town but roads was awful to get too not sure if it will be the same with this though.

Last edited by Eros; 31 October 2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01 November 2015, 10:09 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

I think it would be a good idea to have a meet on some weekends. Granted mot everyone can make certain days etc but I see no harm in it at all and a weekend day would probably make things easier for me at times.

When you have a time and date for another one pop a thread up as I would pop along if I'm not to busy at that time.