Notices

STI Number 2, The New Car

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2014, 02:19 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI Number 2, The New Car

As a few of you know I verbally bought a new car last Sunday. It was a funny day as I wasn't even thinking of buying another Subaru but a phone call from a very good friend of mine asking if I knew anyone who'd be interested in buying the car along with a very rough spec, price and photo, within a few hours the deal was done and I got the car last night.
To say I'm over the moon with car is an understatement, a large amount of money has been spent it over the last few years or so with a stamped service book and a stack of receipts which is always nice to see with any car, don't get me wrong it's not without fault as the gearbox needs attention, 2 of the alloy wheels need to be refurbished and the HKS dump valve is not to my liking and will be removed ASAP, unfortunately the carbon front splitter lost the argument with my driveway but this was already cracked anyway and has been removed, she also needs a good clean up and detail.

The pics below are not the best as the weather up here in the mountains is not that great today but I'm hoping to get out and give her a good wash over shortly.

Last edited by Peter Pan; 25 October 2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 25 October 2014, 02:30 PM
b3nmw
Scooby Regular

Looks nice m8
Old 25 October 2014, 02:44 PM
Guppy88
Scooby Regular

Lovely edition!

I may be interested in the valve as the turbosmart on my sti isnt realy to my liking either.

Like the skirts and spats
Old 25 October 2014, 02:54 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Looking good Jay well done it's the best and fastest colour of them all , I'm sure your going to work some magic on it well done are you keeping both ?
Old 25 October 2014, 02:56 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks nice enough, tell us more about the spec.
Old 25 October 2014, 04:24 PM
andyleonard55
Scooby Regular

Nice one Jay,I bet the difference between the way that the 2 cars drive must be quite different wonder which one you will prefer or will you appreciate each for what it is.
Old 25 October 2014, 04:41 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Love it Jay, the stance it has with those wheels is nice.
Old 25 October 2014, 05:15 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the kind comments gents, I'm really not sure how long I'm keeping it for, although I have been made an offer on the car already by someone I work with. As for my classic that's staying with me for sure as I know its not worth what I would want for it to make me part with her.

As for the spec see the for sale link below from April

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...-blob-sti.html
Old 25 October 2014, 06:27 PM
Tiptoptaf
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice fella, didn`t think it would be this new from our conversations
Old 25 October 2014, 06:44 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiptoptaf
Very nice fella, didn`t think it would be this new from our conversations
Thanks Dave, always fancied a new age and this fitted the bill. I did say it was for sale on here in April, it was Blue and a newer one , I'm surprised you didn't guess which one it was?
Old 26 October 2014, 10:02 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Nice car Jay

Can't believe your taking the dump valve off tho, I thought it had your name written all over it

Keep hold of it a while and see how it grows on you, if it turns out not to be your cup of tea then hey ho can say you been there and done that.

All in all tho a good car there with money spent in the right places and gone to someone who will appreciate it no doubt

Have fun pal
Old 26 October 2014, 11:25 AM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Nice car Jay

Can't believe your taking the dump valve off tho, I thought it had your name written all over it

Keep hold of it a while and see how it grows on you, if it turns out not to be your cup of tea then hey ho can say you been there and done that.

All in all tho a good car there with money spent in the right places and gone to someone who will appreciate it no doubt

Have fun pal

Thanks Craig, it's the first time I bought a car without even a test drive although I was taken out in her last Sunday. After a look around it and going through the amount of paperwork present it was very soon apparent it was a nice car and certainly wanted for nothing in Andy's ownership for sure as you know.
There are a few things that are not to my personal liking the dump valve being at the top my list but I thought you knew that??
Old 26 October 2014, 11:38 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Nice car Jay, not sold on the rear bumper spats but the side skirt extensions aren't too bad.

As I said when we spoke use it and see how you get on with her, the mileage on the RA will be kept lower and you never know she might just grow on you.
Old 26 October 2014, 11:55 AM
bry with a y
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice jay
Old 26 October 2014, 12:20 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Looks great nice wheels
Old 26 October 2014, 12:48 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Nice car Jay, not sold on the rear bumper spats but the side skirt extensions aren't too bad.

As I said when we spoke use it and see how you get on with her, the mileage on the RA will be kept lower and you never know she might just grow on you.
Thanks Ty, I did say about the skirts when we spoke last week but now I'm not sure? They are growing on me and I've not seen another with them fitted so a little different. There are some very subtle plans for her if I'm keeping it along with sorting some very minor imperfections I've found which can be expected with an 11 year old car. I was hoping to give the engine bay a good clean this afternoon but the weather's pretty miserable up here today .
Old 26 October 2014, 02:34 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
Thanks Ty, I did say about the skirts when we spoke last week but now I'm not sure? They are growing on me and I've not seen another with them fitted so a little different. There are some very subtle plans for her if I'm keeping it along with sorting some very minor imperfections I've found which can be expected with an 11 year old car. I was hoping to give the engine bay a good clean this afternoon but the weather's pretty miserable up here today .
I was in Ebbw yesterday and it was sh*te mate but that far up and the eco system changes any way.

Nice addition Jay, but like Ty my jury is out on the skirts Get it cleaned up and see how you go, get the Vax in there and compare the seat crud with the RA's .

You'll notice the huge difference is sound and goodies between the RA and newage.
Old 26 October 2014, 04:40 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

What are your plans with this one Jay ?

Old 26 October 2014, 06:35 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
I was in Ebbw yesterday and it was sh*te mate but that far up and the eco system changes any way.

Nice addition Jay, but like Ty my jury is out on the skirts Get it cleaned up and see how you go, get the Vax in there and compare the seat crud with the RA's .

You'll notice the huge difference is sound and goodies between the RA and newage.
Thanks Ian, I wasn't that sure on the skirts last week myself but after spending a little time with the car I don't dislike them enough to remove them but we'll see how it goes. The seats do need a good clean so another job to be taken care of soon. I've only driven the car around 3 miles to see what needs doing with the gearbox but what I can conclude is I really like it.

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1
What are your plans with this one Jay ?

TBH Kev not a lot really, a good clean up first. Looks wise it's just about how I like it and like Craig has said all the money has been spent in the right places already. A new set of mud flaps is a must as the ones on there are a bit tatty so I'm thinking on a set of Black Rally Armours, making my mind up about what I'm going to do with the gearbox is the main priority at the moment.
Old 26 October 2014, 07:08 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

This afternoon I thought I'd give the engine bay a quick once over with Meguires engine degreaser and neat TFR for the manky alloy parts it was then finished off with a coat of 303 Aerospace Protectant, with light fading I couldn't spend as much time on it as I would of liked but it does look far better as a result.

Before

After

Next on the to do list will be to address the faded headlights this week.

Last edited by Peter Pan; 26 October 2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 26 October 2014, 07:13 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Well jase, your pics have confirmed what I thought after our conversation last Sunday, she's a peach! Glad you went through with the sale.
Personally, I love the wheels, and I do like the spats and skirts, maybe because I'm a young un and kinda like body kits/subtle add onns (on the right cars).
Next time you and your good lady are in the area for a mice cream, give me a twinkle and you can come meet mini me and have a coffee.
Old 26 October 2014, 08:20 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Thanks Rob, I certainly have no regrets at all and I'm one happy bunny to say the least. Next time we're up round your neck of the woods we will call in to meet your good lady and little man for sure
Old 30 October 2014, 08:52 AM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

I'm liking that jay she looks lovely, I like the alloys and side extensions what a car mate right place right time
Old 30 October 2014, 08:08 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big daz2
I'm liking that jay she looks lovely, I like the alloys and side extensions what a car mate right place right time
Thanks Daz, yeah my mate's got me into trouble again, more or less what I would of been looking for if I wanted a blob eye and I just couldn't help myself.
Old 30 October 2014, 08:36 PM
Mustoe91
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've drove this car before and it goes really well it's this cars fault to why I started modding mine lol
Old 30 October 2014, 08:40 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

So does this mean Alisha's scoda is now off the shopping list lol it looks really nice mate. Are you taking this on Sunday?
Old 30 October 2014, 09:24 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big daz2
So does this mean Alisha's scoda is now off the shopping list lol it looks really nice mate. Are you taking this on Sunday?
No, we'll be having the Octavia for sure I was thinking of taking it on Sunday but having second thoughts now. I've decided to get the gearbox rebuilt so don't want to risk further damage with it nipping gear on 4th-3rd down shift so looks like I'll be in the classic for this one fella.
Old 30 October 2014, 10:30 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Bahhh humbug it's been driven like that with a dicky box for a while just go for it :P all will work out well
Old 30 October 2014, 11:35 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Bahhh humbug it's been driven like that with a dicky box for a while just go for it :P all will work out well
O I don't know??? We'll see
Old 09 November 2014, 03:44 PM
slash920
Scooby Regular

nice that. love the wheels.

Quick Reply: STI Number 2, The New Car