Notices

Broken brackets at Pontypool Shell

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2014, 07:02 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Broken brackets at Pontypool Shell

On Monday evening I went into the Shell garage at Pontypool, not particularly fast but hit an invisible lump in the road (well I didn't see it) that felt like I'd smashed into a kerb. The impact actually broke the brackets supporting the FMIC, which flopped about in the bumper with only the pipework stopping it falling off altogether. ****! Can I be the only one who has clouted this lump when driving into the garage? The bloke behind the counter just shrugged his shoulders and looked dopey when I told him.

I checked the wheels today but they seem ok but I've spent the day making up new brackets, and next time I'm in this part of South Wales I'll fill up at Crumlin.
Old 14 October 2014, 07:21 PM
bry with a y
Scooby Regular

There is a speed bump before mac d's turning and some black and yellow big lumpy things just as you enter garage,the first one can catch you out if unaware of it fella
Old 15 October 2014, 09:28 AM
dark_angel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They can be a bit fierce if hit at any speed over a crawl - it's ok in the Hawkeye but in the classic I've got to take it really slow as she's 35mm lower than standard.

Sorry to hear about the damage - good luck if you are looking to Shell to compensate you.

Andy.
Old 15 October 2014, 12:17 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dark_angel
They can be a bit fierce if hit at any speed over a crawl - it's ok in the Hawkeye but in the classic I've got to take it really slow as she's 35mm lower than standard.

Sorry to hear about the damage - good luck if you are looking to Shell to compensate you.

Andy.
Thanks for the thought. I seriously doubt I'd get anywhere with Shell. They would claim I came in a bit too fast (probably true) but I saw no warning of a big speed bump coming up. I'll just use Crumlin Shell in future, no bumps there!