Notices

Time To Take A Step Backwards

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2014, 09:53 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time To Take A Step Backwards

Just to let you all know that after Rally Day and the next meet are out of the way I will be stepping down from organising events, meets or show attendance for South Wales Scooby's.

I don't mind organising the occasional run but that will be about the extent of my involvement from now on, I think there are enough other members to shoulder some of the work instead of as at present just a few people organising everything.

I will still attend meets, events and shows but it will be as an attendee rather than organiser.
Old 13 September 2014, 07:58 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you so much for all the blood,sweat and tears over the many months. There are many who just jump on and reap the benefits of your efforts.

I know where you coming from having been there myself, chill your boots mate. But quite a few owe you the common courtesy of at least a comment of thanks.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 13 September 2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 13 September 2014, 11:19 AM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I read the thread title, I thought you'd decided to take up line-dancing...
Old 13 September 2014, 12:58 PM
andyleonard55
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Just to let you all know that after Rally Day and the next meet are out of the way I will be stepping down from organising events, meets or show attendance for South Wales Scooby's.

I don't mind organising the occasional run but that will be about the extent of my involvement from now on, I think there are enough other members to shoulder some of the work instead of as at present just a few people organising everything.
I will still attend meets, events and shows but it will be as an attendee rather than organiser.
I know how you feel having run the Institute of Plumbing for too many years a thankless job,hope you enjoy taking a back seat and thanks for all your hard work if I can help out in any small way please let me know
Old 13 September 2014, 02:29 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder

I have just read this and even though I haven't known you for that long every meet is spot on and the one day out I have gone on was on the money so from me your organisation will be missed.
Old 13 September 2014, 04:35 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

Ty that's a shame mate you did your time and duty and everybody deserves to enjoy meets and shows without fear of reprisal or hassle. Speaking to you Kev and Ian it does seem a thankless task and we all take it for granted for that I'm sure we're all sorry perhaps we should appreciate what all of you guys that organise events do for us making our lives easy and I thank you so very much for all the meets events and runs you've organised and put together. Thank you mate. I would love to step up and organise some shows and events but trust me you wouldn't want me to, I'm the most unorganised person in the world I've got enough trouble finding my socks in the morning and the misses helps me with that lol. Let's hope someone with equal ability as you three and maybe just maybe we don't take them for granted now you'll have the time to make your hatch as fast as mine lol
Old 13 September 2014, 07:32 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Thank you so much for all the blood,sweat and tears over the many months. There are many who just jump on and reap the benefits of your efforts.

I know where you coming from having been there myself, chill your boots mate. But quite a few owe you the common courtesy of at least a comment of thanks.
Thanks Ian, I appreciate the kind words.

You are 100% correct in what you say, lots of people want things done but very few actually do.

I will be happy to offer assistance to anyone if they need it, they only have to ask.

Originally Posted by andyleonard55
I know how you feel having run the Institute of Plumbing for too many years a thankless job,hope you enjoy taking a back seat and thanks for all your hard work if I can help out in any small way please let me know
Thanks Andy, you hit the nail on the head so to speak and thanks for the offer.

Originally Posted by GONZO01
I have just read this and even though I haven't known you for that long every meet is spot on and the one day out I have gone on was on the money so from me your organisation will be missed.
Thanks Craig, it has been enjoyable on the whole but at the moment I just don't have the time at the moment.
Old 13 September 2014, 07:34 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big daz2
Ty that's a shame mate you did your time and duty and everybody deserves to enjoy meets and shows without fear of reprisal or hassle. Speaking to you Kev and Ian it does seem a thankless task and we all take it for granted for that I'm sure we're all sorry perhaps we should appreciate what all of you guys that organise events do for us making our lives easy and I thank you so very much for all the meets events and runs you've organised and put together. Thank you mate. I would love to step up and organise some shows and events but trust me you wouldn't want me to, I'm the most unorganised person in the world I've got enough trouble finding my socks in the morning and the misses helps me with that lol. Let's hope someone with equal ability as you three and maybe just maybe we don't take them for granted now you'll have the time to make your hatch as fast as mine lol
Thanks Daz, it can be a thankless task sometimes but on the whole it has been enjoyable and worthwhile doing.

I wish whoever takes the reigns all the best, if they need any help they only need to ask.
Old 13 September 2014, 07:35 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hammer man
When I read the thread title, I thought you'd decided to take up line-dancing...
I am not and never will be a line dancer, for one thing I don't have relationships with my own family.
Old 13 September 2014, 07:55 PM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

Fair play to you Ty you've done an excellent job, I know I never get to many events (always bloody busy!) but I do see all the work you do!
Both yourself and Ian always seem to be the ones organising for the masses and very often without enough appreciation.
Dave.
Old 13 September 2014, 08:34 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

big thanks for all you have done for me and everyone Ty
Old 13 September 2014, 09:02 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by esp ltd
Fair play to you Ty you've done an excellent job, I know I never get to many events (always bloody busy!) but I do see all the work you do!
Both yourself and Ian always seem to be the ones organising for the masses and very often without enough appreciation.
Dave.
Thanks Dave I should also mention that Matt also organises as well, as it would be unfair not to mention the effort he has put in over the period as well.

Originally Posted by The Stitcher
big thanks for all you have done for me and everyone Ty
No problem Lee.
Old 13 September 2014, 09:07 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I've only ever managed one meet with you guys, since I moved away, but I know how hard it is to keep a club running smoothly. You must have done a great job up until now.

Thanks for all your efforts.
Old 13 September 2014, 09:22 PM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

And a big up to Matt as well
Old 13 September 2014, 11:37 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

Yea matts always very silent in his efforts and puts a hell of a lot into it that people don't see,he keeps me on line and and without him I wouldn't make any show he texts me and si to say it's the show this week don't forget. And not to mention matt is the sole person responsible for the meets taking place (we won't go into the reasons why lol) we've had some great organisers I do include Julian and Chris garner in that because they also put their heart into it with very little respect we all need to show a little more love
Old 14 September 2014, 12:25 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Thanks for everything Ty
Old 14 September 2014, 12:49 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Huge thank you for your efforts over the last 14 months or so since I've been attending meets, runs and events Ty I realise it can be a thankless job but everything you have done has always been appreciated by myself and Alisa.
Old 14 September 2014, 07:35 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

It's a frustrating roll at times but also can be very enjoyable.

Your to be congratulated all the hard work and commitment put in over the past few years but as you say time to put your feet up and let someone else have a go.
Old 14 September 2014, 08:48 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, I appreciate all the kind words and as has been said now is the time for others to step up to the plate.
Old 15 September 2014, 11:03 AM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As already said Ty, it is a thankless job at times although what you do is very much appreciated by all I have no doubt,

It is a shame your stepping down as you have done a sterling job in the past, I hope you enjoy your rest bite, and you have a change of heart ready in the coming months.

The thing is…. if you didn’t change your cars so often and spend so much money refining them to your personal taste you would have more time on your hands for organising events... (Sorry could not resist Ha Ha)
Old 15 September 2014, 08:25 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes as said Ty many thanks for all of your efforts over the years, it's full on and difficult at times I know. Time to chill and enjoy the hatch
Old 15 September 2014, 08:57 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

As per phonecall the other night ty, I understand your reasoning and all jokes aside thankyou personally for all your efforts the last few years with organising events, run's, meets and a generally top bloke.
Catch up with you soon B-)