Notices

Good wood track day!

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2012, 07:21 PM
99mrbe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good wood track day!

Ok guys & girls, as a few of you may know I've been trying to sort out an event for early 2013 that everyone will want to attend, and here it is!

I went down to Goodwood Motor Circuit today to speak with a Mark Featherstone, the General Manager at Goodwood. He gave me some interesting information about the place, and all the details I need to pass onto you guys. This thread is initially to give you all some information about a club track day, prices, whats included and for you to ask me any questions you may have.

I want to try and get around 40 cars at the day to bring the fees down for each person, so this gives everyone the chance to get a full 1-2 hours on track. This will be split up into 15 or 20 minute sessions, and each group will have an equal number of cars, but I want to try and get a full 10 on each session. I will also try and sort the groups out depending on experience, vehicle speed, etc. Each car will have its own paddock, where you can change wheels, make repairs or anything you want within the rules in place at Goodwood. These paddocks will be spread out to give you more space. There are no garage facilities but the paddocks are covered and will allow you to work out of the rain.
Track Information:
-Goodwood's noise restrictions are 98dB static and 96dB drive-by.
-Helmets must be worn (available for hire).
-10 cars allowed on track at any one time.
-No racing or "dicing", this is a fun day for everyone to get some track time in.
-Its recommended that arms and legs are covered
-Only one passenger allowed in the vehicle when on track.
-Either bring your own fuel (and fill up in the designated areas), or go down to Sainsbury's to fill up. There are no pumps on site.
-All drivers must have a full and valid driving licence.
-Under 18's must have written confirmation from a parent or guardian that they can take part.
-If in a open car (convertible), goggles or a helmet with visor has to be worn.

The Day Of The Event:
-All drivers and passengers must go to the briefing in the morning and receive a wristband.
-Each driver will also sign a document to say that they have read all rules and understand them.
-Helmet hire is included in the price of the day so take one if you dont have your own.
-There are also instructors that are ARDS registered included in the price, so make use of them!
-AMRCO Track Day public liability insurance is also included.
-We will have full use of the marshals on the day.
-We have use of the ground floor of the Jackie Stewart Pavilion, which is right next to the track.
-All cars will be sound tested on site, and each car must be within the regulations or they will not be allowed on track, Goodwood are very strict on this so get your car tested prior!
-15 to 20 minute sessions will run between 9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm.
-There will be the the chance to have photos taken and there will be a few parade laps at the end of the day for the chance for even more photos.

Now the bit no one wants to see, the cost! I have managed to arrange the winter rates in March (normally summer rates) if we undertake our track day during the week. As the day would be in March this gives you all plenty of time to book the date off work. Once I have enough interest I will inform you all of a set date and arrange taking payments. The final prices for 2013 have not yet been finalised but the prices shown are for this year and they may change but only slightly. The number of people that attend the day determine how much it will cost each of us, but the more people there, the less it cost each of us. The exact cost of the day for each person will depend exactly on how many attend. The prices are shown below are the prices for if exactly that many people attend:
-40 people = £145 each
-35 people = £165 each
-30 people = £190 each
-25 people = £230 each
-20 people = £285 each
-15 people = £380 each
-10 people = £570 each

If you are interested in coming, put your name on the list below, I know for most people it depends how much you have to pay but this is just to get a rough estimate. This will be the first proper track day in a long time for HJC, maybe ever, and I want to make it a great day for everyone. It doesnt matter if you no longer drive a Japanese car, as long as you are part of the forum then thats good enough. If needed, everyone can bring a friend to take part as well, so that we can make the numbers up and make it cheaper for everyone.

So the list! Continue the list on, I will be on to update everyone with information and to let everyone know of any updates to the event.

This is originated from Hampshire jap cars but were struggling to get numbers up!
There an awesome set of guys really friendly and helpful! Get your names down people!

1. 99mrbe
Old 16 October 2012, 07:46 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Thats not a lot of track time, could they not give you an open pit lane format?
Old 16 October 2012, 08:09 PM
99mrbe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Budgie
Thats not a lot of track time, could they not give you an open pit lane format?
I shal ask the question
Old 17 October 2012, 04:01 PM
99mrbe
Scooby Regular

Hello mate got a reply

Well it's around 8 hours on track we are allowed. If we have 40 people then it's 2 hours on track each, if we only get less then that everyone's track time increases but do does the price

Hope this helps