Colin McRae "Special Event Amateur Radio Station"

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2008, 04:48 PM
nullfork
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Colin McRae "Special Event Amateur Radio Station"

Hi,

This is one for all you radio hams out there. My girlfriend's father is heavily into amateur radio and is running a special event radio station in memory Colin McRae. The radio station starts just after the McRae Gathering event ends.

So if you're into the amateur radio scene, or know someone who else is interested, please spread the word! What follows are details supplied by John Howard (the man who has organised this and will be running it):-

The special event amateur radio station operated by John G0BUV, will be on the air from 1st September '08 until 28th September inclusive, under the call sign GB1CM this being to commemorate the tragic passing away of Colin McRae, 'Number 1' rally driver along with his son and two family friends in a helicopter crash on the 16th September 2007.

The main bands of operation will be 3.600 to 3.800 MHz lower sideband and 14.100 to 14.350 MHz upper side band, both on voice operation, although if anybody wants to arrange a sked (arranged radio contact), on any of the Ham bands from 80 meters to 6 meters on voice, then please email me on john.jacks (at) btinternet.com. I will always try to make the sked.

Any Ham or SWL who sends a QSL card to me ( GB1CM or G0BUV ) will be replied to 100%, if the QSL is direct by post then a stamped SAE would be needed, a special QSL card is to be printed.

Stu

P.S. Any questions related to this should be directed at "john.jacks (at) btinternet.com"