RB5009
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll be there
Old 15 August 2008, 06:35 PM
FUNNKYMONKEY
Scooby Regular

I feel like a prize plonker,for some unknown reason i never ordered the stckers but realy wan to take part in this event,now the question is did anybody buy more than one,and what do i need to do to get hold of it...........
please help
Old 15 August 2008, 10:01 PM
ozbod1
Scooby Regular

doubt it , any spare seem to be sought after...
Old 15 August 2008, 10:59 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

From the 'official website'....

Colin McRae Subaru Gathering - Frequently Asked Questions

What happens when we get to Warwick?

When you arrive at Prodrive Warwick you will be split into three Categories of traffic by Marshals:

1) The Fast Lane - If you have followed all the rules, drive a Subaru and have a Gathering sticker clearly displayed somewhere on the FRONT of your car you will be given a site plan along with details of what's happening where and when for the day and waved through in a matter of seconds with a welcoming smile! You will be our favourite people as you've listened, paid attention and complied with things making our job easier and alleviating traffic flow Smile From the gatehouse you should follow the directions of other Marshals to the designated parking areas.

2) The Muppet Lane - If you drive a Subaru and haven't followed the rules and don't have a sticker on the FRONT of your car you will be directed to another lane where you will be delayed access, treated as a bit of a muppet for not following the clearly publicised rules and made to buy a sticker for the front of your car! Those who did follow the rules and pass you by in the Fast Lane will probably laugh at you! Tongue out The cost on the day will be £20.00 as opposed to the £10.00 by ordering in advance. If you decline to purchase a sticker for up front then you will be treated the same as those in the No. 3 category and not permitted access. We're not going to like you very much as you will slow down access to the site. It's in your own interests to make sure you're in Category 1!

Have a good read of the FAQ and I'm sure you can still attend...
Old 16 August 2008, 03:33 AM
ag1266
Scooby Newbie

Please note that the McRae Gathering FAQ has been updated tonight to reflect more accurate information now we have stopped accepting sticker orders and have a better grasp on the number of attendees.

We have a very limited supply of stickers - sufficient to meet our current outstanding orders and a few left over. We will not be ordering any more so our earlier statements about stickers being available at Banbury and Warwick are looking very slim indeed. It is looking more and more unlikely that any will be available at either venue for those who did not obtain them in advance. There MIGHT be some available at Lanark, but even that will be a small number and if there are any then they will be priced at £20 instead of the £10 for those who were good enough to get their orders in by the cut-off date and help us out.

We have no sympathy for those who don't have their participation stickers already. Stickers to take part have been on sale since 15th May - 3 months ago. Anyone who now attends any part of this event without an official sticker displayed on the front of their car does so at their own risk and may be turned away.

We would encourage anyone who may have spare stickers - PLEASE do not sell them to those who didn't bother to order in advance as we MUST have registered car and driver details for each car in attendance. That is a condition laid down on us by Prodrive and the Police.

To start moving stickers around and changing driver details will become an administrative nightmare for us that we simply cannot handle as we move into the final planning stages of this amazing tribute to Colin - which will not only be largest event ever involving Subaru's, but will be the largest ever event bringing together cars of the same Marque

We need to focus on logistics and final planning now we have accurate numbers of cars to complete making this event an amazing day for those of you who who did the right thing and got your orders with us in good time.

It's going to be so big it scares us s**tless and even we can't get our heads round the numbers involved, but it's going to be a fitting tribute to Colin - that's for sure. Expect a BIG news update regarding this from the Gathering Team tomorrow.

Andy
McRae Gathering Team

Last edited by ag1266; 16 August 2008 at 03:50 AM.
Old 18 August 2008, 01:53 PM
scooby(puppy power)
Scooby Regular

I was going but my engine had just decided to let go and i dont think that will be fixed intime, S H I T T E R , im now in heated discussions with the garage i got the car from

it looks like it will be a great weekend and i would have liked to have had my car on the pic,

anyway hope you all enjoy it
Old 21 August 2008, 10:48 AM
O'Neill
Scooby Regular

Received my Sticker this morning

Last edited by O'Neill; 21 August 2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: (sp)
Old 21 August 2008, 08:42 PM
Alan-G
Scooby Regular

Sorry, made an edit mistake

Last edited by Alan-G; 21 August 2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 22 August 2008, 10:18 PM
AndyJudge
Scooby Newbie

I'll be there.

Anybody going up from Newbury area ? Fancy meeting up & forming a convoy ?
Old 26 August 2008, 03:09 PM
gojonnyjo
Scooby Regular

Im going the full hog, some of us from Northern Ireland are making the trip over,

]