Default Donnington 25th Feb

Anyone else going?

Just hope it's not snowing!!
Old 27 February 2006, 07:09 AM
Jontyclassic"00"
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was a good day, and the weather held.

Was only a passenger, but still a great day.

There was a few other Scoobys there, and one guy in an Evo that must have gone round doing about 50mph!! He was getting in everyones way, and was dangerous for him to be there.

This is my uncles car, and I've never been in anything so rapid. It's running about 300bhp, is on slicks and Tein racing suspension, and it just grips and grips, and goes so well. It was running rings round just about everything bar the Radical's.

Off to Castle Coombe in a few weeks. After he's completley strpped the interior and added two race seats. Trying to get as much weight out as possible now.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ton25th004.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ton25th003.jpg
Old 27 February 2006, 03:15 PM
CMW
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Jontyclassic"00"
Was a good day, and the weather held.

Was only a passenger, but still a great day.

There was a few other Scoobys there, and one guy in an Evo that must have gone round doing about 50mph!! He was getting in everyones way, and was dangerous for him to be there.

This is my uncles car, and I've never been in anything so rapid. It's running about 300bhp, is on slicks and Tein racing suspension, and it just grips and grips, and goes so well. It was running rings round just about everything bar the Radical's.

Off to Castle Coombe in a few weeks. After he's completley strpped the interior and added two race seats. Trying to get as much weight out as possible now.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ton25th004.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ton25th003.jpg

Had impressive grip, I was in the rear wheeel drive silver R33 GTS Skyline in one of your photos, in the background. Sadly that car has a decent amount of power, but not much gets put to good use. I intend a suspension revamp soon. Now I have read it was on slicks I can see why it aeemed a bit quicker than the average track day Imprezza Nice car!
Old 27 February 2006, 04:03 PM
Jontyclassic"00"
Scooby Regular

Did you get home ok?

Did you find out what the problem was in the end? It was spitting flames out at the end of the pit straight!

Looked a nice quick car. Must be putting out some nice power?

Originally Posted by CMW
Had impressive grip, I was in the rear wheeel drive silver R33 GTS Skyline in one of your photos, in the background. Sadly that car has a decent amount of power, but not much gets put to good use. I intend a suspension revamp soon. Now I have read it was on slicks I can see why it aeemed a bit quicker than the average track day Imprezza Nice car!
Old 27 February 2006, 04:15 PM
CMW
Scooby Newbie

Yes thanks, got home fine, it was the fuel pump controller, it's a box of electrickery that runs the pump slowly at low load, and at the full battery voltage under boost. It seems they can play up and blow the pump fuse. I will bypass this and run the pump at full speed all the time in future. It's about 350 BHP, it's a 2.5 GTS engine, single throttle body engine in a rear wheel drive only shell, not the multi throttle body 2.6 GTR one, from the 4WD chassis. I have an all steel 2.6 GTR one in build that should give a reliable 650 on pump fuel, probably too much for the RWD chassis, but fun for a while until I find something better to put it in.

The handling needs sorting, it's too soft and wooly at the moment, I am having some Bilsteins re valved and making some custom springs. I have done the front end (all rose jointed) and the brakes, needs the back end sorting and dampers, springs and anti roll bars fabricating now.

Where can I find info on the 2.5 engines people are putting in import Imprezzas, I'd like to know more about these? Thanks.