Notices

Croft - Thanks For The Rides

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2001, 06:34 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Big thanks to Gregh, Stef, Pete & Mike for some brilliant laps in appalling conditions. Not had so much fun for ages . I felt quite humbled.

Cheers

TONY
Old 15 June 2001, 06:42 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I'd like to say thanx to Micheal, Mike and Kevin for taking me round the circuit and cheers to dreamweaver for blagging me into the cars!

Oh yeah, Hello to everyone I met

Bob
Old 15 June 2001, 07:54 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hello all!

Just got back from Croft and what a top day despite the sh1tty weather!

Great to see a few faces, (Rum, Mellow, Pete C, Rob Mac, Mike Woods, Stef etc), good to meet Bob T and Dreamweaver and bloody awful to see Kev "Mincer" Hunt in his underpowered banger (Good to see you m8!).

BIG respect to the Evos with gawd knows how much spent on engine mods and thanks for the rides.

Last but no way least, BIG thanks to Mike@PD showing his Removable Roll Cage - it looks an awesome piece of kit and anyone doing track days should definetely check it out.

All the best,

Mossman

(absoluteley naccered now!)
Old 15 June 2001, 11:34 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Reiterated.

Had a great day out to say I only decided to go last night. Good to see all the usual suspects and great to put more faces to names, including Mike@PD, Mossman et al. Thanks to Mike@PD for nearly persuading me to buy the Toyota alloys

Thanks also to Hunty (Faster Mak than Oulton, though harnesses caused problems with me being a fat git ), Mike Wood (amazing driver), Mellow (Excellent run) and Michael (Longest number of laps, mucho funno)for the "lifts/rides"

Very impressed with the UK300 on track.

Award for most spins to Stef

See you all at the next one.

DW
Old 16 June 2001, 09:31 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

A BIG thanks to all who took be quite litterally for a spin!!

Mike Wood....YOU ARE AMAZING...what an awresome last laps of the day. I thing (IMHO) the WRX/UK300 is excellent.

Although the weather was Cr@p....I had an amazing day...great to meet up with old friends, meet a few new friends...put faces to names I know of the board and generally have an excellent time...

I definately need to get booked in with Mike@PD so I can lose my track cherry...

Speak soon

Tom
Old 16 June 2001, 11:04 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Stef and I would like to thank you guys for an excellent day.

It was great to meet the NE crowd and put so many faces to names/bbs aliases. Your support on what the SIDC has been doing and is planning was very reassuring.

Top marks for Tyres of Northampton, who were changing wheels like no tomorrow, as drivers tried to second guess the weather trends.

Croft were very pleased with us and have invited us back, maybe with a discount, as they loved the way we were well behaved and helped them with the days management. Big thanks to "sassy" Cassy and her team.

My special thanks to the marshalls, who stood out in a day of torrential rain, to ensure our safety. Well done guys.

I thoroughly enjoyed the wet track and the 01 was a joy drive. I even enjoyed my 100mph aquaplane into multiple spin

A great day

[This message has been edited by Pete Croney (edited 18 June 2001).]
Old 16 June 2001, 01:07 PM
robbo_64
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yeah, thanks to Stef and everybody at Croft. Enjoyed losing my 'virginity' despite the weather. Looking forward to seeing you all again at Croft. Cheers
Neil
Old 16 June 2001, 02:31 PM
Scooby Wagon
Scooby Regular

Fantastic day out I think the weather conditions made it more interesting, I'd like to thank Mike & Pete for two great rides round the circuit in their MY01's.
Nice to put faces to names, see you all soon
Paul
Old 17 June 2001, 09:03 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Pete Croney:
I thoroughly enjoyed the wet track and the 01 was a joy drive. I even enjoyed my 100mph aquaplane into multiple spin

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pete
Is this where I feel guilty about hijacking the set of S03's you had sidelined for yours??? (BTW they were great in the rain back from SS yesterday hehehe)

Old 17 June 2001, 05:39 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Just like to say that this was my first trackday but I've got the bug now. Only had one spin at Tower bend Bloody ached all over on the way home DW - glad you got out for a ride, still reckon you should have taken the MR2 out

Can't wait for the next one
Old 18 June 2001, 03:40 PM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Talking

I've been bitten by the same bug as CharlieH - Croft was my first track day and certainly won't be the last.
I'd recommend everybody to try it at least once - the weather may have been bad - but it did make things interesting.
Pete I didn't get your spin on my video camera, but you were spinning for that long I got bored