Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just got back from a great day out with Don Palmer (see
Old 16 May 2001, 03:13 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Satori

Good to hear you enjoyed it . I've paid (P1)as has my mate in a Chimaera 5 litre, but we haven't sorted out a date yet. By the way if anyone else is thinking of doing it Don is looking for one other person to join our day.

I'd be curious to hear what the tyre wear was like for the day as we will probably/possibly be going to Millbrook as well.

John
Old 17 May 2001, 11:54 AM
DaBoss
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Fat Boy:
<B>Satori

Good to hear you enjoyed it . I've paid (P1)as has my mate in a Chimaera 5 litre, but we haven't sorted out a date yet. By the way if anyone else is thinking of doing it Don is looking for one other person to join our day.

I'd be curious to hear what the tyre wear was like for the day as we will probably/possibly be going to Millbrook as well.

John [/quote]

I'm probably up for it. Although I see that Don recommends Bruntingthorpe over Millbrook for inept drivers like me...

E-mail me: andrewboshoff@hotmail.com

Andrew

MY99 DBM, PPP
Old 18 May 2001, 09:38 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Sorry guys - the Don moves fast - already full!
Old 19 May 2001, 10:40 AM
satori
Scooby Regular

John
Don't expect no tyre wear, its going to happen but not as bad as I thought, my P0's did get their sides chewed up a bit! Also the whole idea of Dons teaching is it keep yourself 'just' within the limits so tyre wear is in improved considerably once you get the hang of it. Im off to Bruntingthorpe for his Better and Better day too on June 2nd so might see you there though book ASAP as there is a 50 car limit. All the praise 'the Don'

Pete

P1 SS Exhaust System
Old 24 May 2001, 10:07 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Satori

I didn't expect to escape some tyre wear but I'm now the proud possessor of a pair of hairy slicks that were once Pirelli PZero's

It was a marvellous day I can't speak highly enough of Don. Everyone should do this. Before you spend any money on kit upgrades, upgrade the driver first.

Had a great day many thanks to my mate who let me take his TVR round the circuit ( 200ft of 2 black lines out of the tight last corner while looking out of the passenger window- all Don said was "well held, sir, hee hee") and then (yee haa) the 3rd guy who I didn't know from Adam said do you want to drive my 911 Turbo S (450bhp/430ftlb:eek . After I spat his hand back out, I got into it with Don and promised the owner that I'd be really careful. However as we pulled out of the pits Don said "Bollocks,nail it!".
30secs later we're honking down the short straight at 175mph followed by whistling past the terrified owner in the pits at about 150mph and slamming into the first lefthander at about 130mph. Don's initial explanation of this corner was that 100mph was a good speed as the day before a ferrarri 360 modena spun at 105! Absolutely staggering car , now where's that spare £100,000 I had hanging about.

Interestingly enough Don , who rode in and drove all 3 cars reckoned my P1 would be as quick around the short circuit ( brakes and nimbleness) whereas on the long circuit I wouldn't have seen where the porker went. Eg at the end of the long straight I had run out of speedo and puff just over an indicated 160mph whereas the porker was indicating 185mph with Don at the wheel with more to come at the same point.