Notices

Track Day 19th April £89

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2001, 09:33 AM
edmooreuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Motorsport Events Ltd are running an airfield track day on 19th April at Wroughton near Swindon in Wiltshire.

This is a superb venue, excellent track

1)Top instructors available

2)Plenty of track time

3)Not over crowded

4) Free baseball cap and other benefits, 10% off all products at Grand Prix Racewear, access to private web forum

5) Free performance driving handbook

All this for just £89

Call us on 0870 787 2116

Visit:
Old 05 April 2001, 06:36 AM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Ed, what are the regs about drivers at this venue? My son is 16, can drive very fast, but only in a kart! (Came third in the British Junior Kart Championships.)

I'd like to put him in a car, to get used to gears and braking with his right foot - but in a safe environment. He has a National-A kart licence, but obviously no car driving licence. I have no problem with him driving my Scoob.

Can he attend and drive? I really want him to learn and get his speed kicks where it's safe, before he goes on the road for real.

Can you help? Or who do I call to check it out? Thanks.

Richard.
Old 05 April 2001, 11:47 AM
edmooreuk
Scooby Regular

Hi Richard

Our insurnace means that we can not let your son drive during the normal sessions of the day. But maybe I can help!

We stop for lunch for an hour - if we sit a top Instructor with him we can let him drive in this time - does that interest you? We could give him a proper briefing before hand and discuss the differences between driving cars and karts i.e. more weight transfer and balancing etc. An hours track time with an insturctor would be superb way to start off in cars. For this we would charge £75 - which I think is really good value.

What class of karting was your son in? Did you run it yourself or did you use a team? I did 7 years of Karting and worked in the kart trade for 4 years (2 years with Derek Ozanne). I miss my karting days - all that track time, all those days of testing different settings, karts, carbs etc!

Does your lad intend moving into single seaters? I know that scene very well if you need any advice - I did Formula Ford and Formula Palmer Audi.

Take care

Ed

ed@motorsport-events.co.uk
Old 05 April 2001, 11:49 AM
edmooreuk
Scooby Regular

Hi Richard

Our insurnace means that we can not let your son drive during the normal sessions of the day. But maybe I can help!

We stop for lunch for an hour - if we sit a top Instructor with him we can let him drive in this time - does that interest you? We could give him a proper briefing before hand and discuss the differences between driving cars and karts i.e. more weight transfer and balancing etc. An hours track time with an insturctor would be superb way to start off in cars. For this we would charge £75 - which I think is really good value.

What class of karting was your son in? Did you run it yourself or did you use a team? I did 7 years of Karting and worked in the kart trade for 4 years (2 years with Derek Ozanne). I miss my karting days - all that track time, all those days of testing different settings, karts, carbs etc!

Does your lad intend moving into single seaters? I know that scene very well if you need any advice - I did Formula Ford and Formula Palmer Audi.

Take care

Ed

ed@motorsport-events.co.uk