Rotorstock 2, 29th & 30th May

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2005, 08:38 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotorstock 2, 29th & 30th May

Hi All,

We would like to invite you and your Club to what will be the most Exciting Event for
Japanese Cars ONLY in 2005.

This meeting has now evolved from the 2004 meeting into a true multi event fully supported and promoted by Japanese Performance Magazine.

As well as Club and trade stands the two day Show n Go meeting will feature

"The Japanese Street Fighter Championships", with two sections for Drag tyred cars and road tyred cars, PLUS classes for Front Wheel Drive/ Four Wheel Drive and Rear Wheel Drive.

A Drifting circuit
Autotest circuit (timed)
Drag Strip RWYB (till 7 in the evening for silenced cars on Sunday )
Mobile 450BHP Dyno,
and even RC model cars, making this a "Must go to Meeting" for all Japanese Car enthusiasts with something for ALL tastes, ALL ages and with under 16's Free, and all for as little as only £10 per day makes this event an event for ALL the family.
(*£18 if prebooked*)

Shakespeare county Raceway and Japanese Performance magazine have now committed to a multi year deal with MRC who are the organising Japanese car club to ensure this meeting is part of the Japanese Car Club community for many years to come, and with Japanese Performance magazine not now involved with Santa Pod this will be their premier motor show / event of the year .

So whatever Japanese car you drive be it,
Old, New, Fast or Slow this is the only meeting that has something for everyone in 2005.

We will keep you updated on news as it happens in the build up to this event, but would ask you to go to the website dedicated to this event and register your club for RotorStock II for the 29th and 30th of May.

Please click here to register your club http://www.rotorstock.com/forums/sho...=5566#post5566

Please click here for prices http://www.rotorstock.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8891

and here for the Rules for

"The Japanese Street Fighter Championships"
http://www.rotorstock.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8890

For enquiries, club stands, questions, news and fun stuff, or if you would like to sponsor something at this unique event,

please go to,
www.RotorStock.com or contact Clive@Mazdarotaryclub.com or John@Mazdarotaryclub.com for all trade enquiries.

Many Thanks, and l look forward to seeing many of you there for this great unique event.

Cheers
Si
Old 01 February 2005, 11:27 PM
NM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01 February 2005, 11:54 PM
PICKLE
Scooby Regular

Last year was **** IMHO. I went as a paying (big price aswell mind) customer with 3 mates, and they swifted the best part of £100 from us. Only 2-3 of the promised big names were there, and the organization was cr4p too. Definitely the worst show/meet I attended the whole of last year. I only hope this year is a big improvement on last, as there will be alot of disappointed people again.
Old 02 February 2005, 07:12 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

yes it's not being done as invites this year as last year having a couple of the big names blow up &/or not be able to turn up. Communication was also an issue ref the shootout & prices were a bit beyond santa pods as i recall. These issues were raised after last years event & have been addressed. Communication is in hand & rest assured the commentator this year is going to know his Jap stuff & this isn't like last year shared with any other drag related stuff the owner has been educated in the way of the rice rocket & suffice to say there are no such fears & limitations this year. Prices from the above link are now far healthier & as good as you'll find for such a show IMO, not there is any other similar show/shootout in the UK :
"Ticket Fees/Sales Fee's are per person with under 16’s free:

Sunday £10.00
Monday £12.00
Weekend £20.00

Advance ticket sales which will be available until 10:00PM on Tuesday 24th May.

Monday advance £10.00
Weekend advance £18.00

All these fees are for entry to the venue and club stand areas

Pass for unlimited runs on Drag strip/Drift Area will be priced as follows (these can only be purchased on the day and not in advance):

Drag Strip £15 per day or £25 for the Weekend (Su/Mo)
Drift £15 per day or £25 for the Weekend (Su/Mo)
Autotest £15 per day or £25 for the Weekend ( Su/Mon)"

So yes we appreciate there were lessons to be learnt from last year & as a result Onward & upwards..... Setting up any event isn't easy & i hope you can see how successfull an event this is & can be so keep the faith
Si

Last edited by scooby_si; 02 February 2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02 February 2005, 06:23 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

IS there other competitions like show and shine best lit cars and stuff like that. Whats the totty like and also accomodation in the area as Newcastle is a fair way to come down each day. Also is there any nightlfie in the area
Old 02 February 2005, 08:17 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

well it's right by (or at least not a million miles from) Stratford upon avon. SO can always go shopping if you, or other half get bored. lol. Er dunno to be honest what the night lifes like last year i got totally mullered on stella the entire weekend lol There should be numerous hotels & such like one recommendation for hotel on rotorstock forum
Totty i only know beautiful people so it's all i can see (er or was that the stella thing again lol)
I recall there were various show & shine best blah blah prizes last year & i'm sure there will be similar again this year watch this space is all i can say definitly but i'll ask the question.....
Cheers
Si
PS We have folks coming from Germany & such like so Newcastle is local really
Old 03 February 2005, 09:44 AM
ARM-Scooby
Scooby Regular

Modified nationals i think, then the french car show for me, last year was that bad i would prefer to pay cash to see some partially dressed women at modified nationals!
Old 04 February 2005, 02:34 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

si ill be there m8 just to kick your ****
Old 04 February 2005, 03:37 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Sounds good but come on whats the nightlfie like will I get some or should I be bringing my lass incase aswell LOL
Old 04 February 2005, 05:09 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

depends does she have a sister?
Last year (what i can remember) was funny on site mainly cause i was lagered all weekend (untill Sunday for driving home of course) i heard tales of some folks putting some tune on repeat (think it was south park or sumin random yet strangely annoying after the 500th time ) till the early hours & there was one strange character who had one of those silly big tents who then cut all the inside ropes so he could park his RX7 in it lmao)
So yeah plenty of fun to be had (going on the dodgems while drunk was also quite funny not sure if they'll be a fair there this year) & i heard good things about Stratford if anyone wants to book a minibus for a load of fdrunks lol.
Should add the camping is going to be well away from the main stands this year thou so any of the above shouldn't put anyone family oriented off there should be something for everyone
Si
Old 04 February 2005, 05:10 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

PS ugly-si you can take my 1/4 virginity but you'lll never take my good looking car pmsl (/bravefart mode off)
Old 05 February 2005, 04:19 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft

Originally Posted by scooby_si
PS ugly-si you can take my 1/4 virginity but you'lll never take my good looking car pmsl (/bravefart mode off)

pmsl
Old 07 May 2005, 11:07 AM
sdminus
Scooby Newbie

Bump, as it's drawing close
Old 08 May 2005, 10:32 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

get yer names donw for the stand thread
Si