Notices

Brands Hatch - 14th Feb

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2003, 10:05 AM
PRJ
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone out there going along to the EVO Induction Day? I'm booked in for the afternoon session. Sounds pretty good value at £50 and think there are still some spaces left for any fellow track virgins out there.
Old 03 February 2003, 11:48 AM
met
Scooby Regular

been on this in snetterton & it was superb value, got about 3 sessions in the end 1 with pace car, 2nd with pace car for 3 laps & the last was open, top quality ,may see if i can book this one too, for 50 you cant go wrong.
Old 04 February 2003, 01:17 PM
met
Scooby Regular

all sold out
Old 10 February 2003, 01:22 AM
millband
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'm doing the morning session at Brands, looking forward to it although not the 250 mile drive home in the afternoon!

Maybe see you there!

Steve
Old 10 February 2003, 08:31 PM
PRJ
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Now that's dedication!

No doubt I'll arrive miles too early due to being pathetically over-excited, so I'll keep an eye out. I'll be in the Green S-plate Wagon that hasn't been washed for 4 months.

Paul

Old 11 February 2003, 09:56 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

It's the only date I could make, and none of them were exactly near to Lancashire!

I'm staying over a few miles from the track the night before to make the early start. Mine's an R-reg green wagon (Snap!) that hopefully won't be in bits when you get there

S.
Old 12 February 2003, 05:17 PM
PRJ
Scooby Newbie

I know what you mean. After much consideration, I've gone for the no trackday insurance option, on the basis that Brands has some pretty sizeable run-off areas. I hope it doesn't all end in tears!

Have fun and maybe catch you Friday.
Old 15 February 2003, 12:18 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Smile

Well, that was a good laugh! Everyone was really friendly, and track driving is definately an experience!

I've put a couple (or rather crap, sorry) pictures up here: http://www.giveitfish.co.uk/Misc/030...tch/index.html

Nice to meet you Paul, you're the first Scoobynetter I've ever met face-to-face. Your car is the small green blob in the last picture on my webpage, this was on one of your pace car laps before I went home. Were there any more "incidents" in the afternoon session? And how did your video come out? If it's any good, I'd love a couple of laps in either AVI or Quick Time format!

Cheers,

Steve
Old 16 February 2003, 08:42 AM
PRJ
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Awesome day that went far too quickly. The last session seemed to be over in 5 minutes. I was with 3 other Scoobs in our overall group of 12 - all 3 of you eventually dispatched, sorry guys!!

Someone span an Integra on the second lap of our free session, but no harm done The owner of a red NSX who started right behind me (but never got close!) then stuck himself backwards into the kitty-litter at Paddock Hill bend on the last lap.

Cheers for the photos - nice one. The video has come out really well, although it looks like I'm driving around the circuit at 30mph, but I was ***** out honest. I'll see what I can do to get some footage sorted.

Good to meet you Steve.

Old 16 February 2003, 05:33 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

My heart (and stomach it felt like) was in my mouth a couple of times on Paddock myself, I was amazed how steep it was.

I managed to keep up with a Delta Integrale, but the only people I passed were in hot hatches - in my defence my session was split into two because of the crash (the scoob was in my group) and I couldn't get back into the rhythm properly on the few laps we had after the break.
Old 23 February 2003, 05:28 PM
Dunki2001
Scooby Regular

Just reading your comments chaps..

My friend was there in his caterham seven(blue)and was the quickest thing through the corners even porsches were being eaten!! I wanted to go but proir arrangements meant I couldn't. Sounds like a good day maybe next time.
Old 24 February 2003, 06:20 PM
PRJ
Scooby Newbie

Remember seeing a blue one.

Although thrashing the nuts off the Scoob was great fun, as soon as I got home, I started looking for a dedicated track weapon. Contemplated a Radical by doing some mortgage offsetting, but the missus went ballistic at the idea. So judging by a number of reviews it has to be a Caterham Fireblade.

Steve - promise to get some stills sorted, but I've been a lazy git and am off snowboarding on Friday, so be patient!
Old 25 February 2003, 11:18 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

There's no way I could afford any sort of dedicated track car, I can't even afford the entry fees now

Where you going boarding then? Was Skiing at Les Arcs a few weeks ago and the snow was fantastic.

S.
Old 28 February 2003, 09:49 AM
PRJ
Scooby Newbie

Off to Meribel this afternoon - snow predicted Saturday-Wednesday. Yo Dude!