Notices

would you go to Trax?

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2002, 06:13 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
seeing that we're being told theres not enough interest for the SIDC to attend trax...is this true?

i want to go..and have trac time!
last year was wicked....could we do it again?

who else is up for it?

Old 16 August 2002, 06:21 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil

I saw the post from "SIDC" 25 posts only

Lets hear from either Johnb or Lee before we assume the SIDC arn't going ahead

Phil
Old 16 August 2002, 06:24 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Phil as i said in one of the posts (scoobynet or SIDC can't remember now!! lol)...its easy 3 weeks b4 the show to say theres no interest!!

this should have been sorted out eailer than a few weeks b4 the event!!! as it was last year!

Old 16 August 2002, 06:26 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Wink

Fair Point

Speak to you soon

Phil
Old 16 August 2002, 06:45 PM
Bad Bads
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I will not be there this year as the last two years I lost two track sessions to scooby drivers putting their cars in the kitty litter in a big way.Last year I didnt even get round the warm up lap!
At least on a regular track day you can make up for the big off's.

Cheers Paul.
Old 16 August 2002, 09:03 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

No. been twice now, 2 track sessions got stopped, one even before the warm up lap, and all it is is a car park full of Novas.

Greg
Old 17 August 2002, 04:03 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Not for me this one. 2 x 15 minute sessions, that could be over in a minute, it's not good value for money when you add it all up. It's too late notice too, people were asking for this months ago and got no response.

Good luck with filling the spaces.
Old 17 August 2002, 06:42 PM
mikeesingh
Scooby Regular

Location: Fastest 4 Clyinder Manual impreza 8.83 1/4 mile GT35 Billet
gregh, i had same problem last year, had to come of after warm up lap

will give it another go this year, just hope i can stay on track for the whole 15 minutes this time.

phil, ive mailed SIDC as im intrested in both sessions

mikee
Old 18 August 2002, 12:25 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

sorry peeps.

i wont be trekking all the way from cumbria for 2x15 sessions for 60 quid
Ive never done that circuit before and would feel frustrated having to come in after 15 mins, i would never get the feel for the circuit in 2 short sessions.

So sorry will haver to pass.

That doesnt mean i wouldnt be intereted in other sidc days as the email i received suggested....there just hasnt hardly been any to attend

lee

Old 18 August 2002, 10:30 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

John
if we don't get the cars there this time...i adds fuel to the SIDC's point that ppl don't want to do track days!

Trax is the main on of the year!

last year a P1 came off in the 1st lap after the pace car went in!
who was he? a newbe to track time! irrisponsible and didn't consider others on track, this spoils it for others...but its not all the time.
15 minsa of steady tracking is good for ppl to try there car out at a GP track.

i'm dissapointed that this wasn't sorted out months ago too when ppl asked about it...someone should have replied to say what was happening. and not left it to 3weeks b4 the show to say ppl don't want to go!

its the best car show of the year!

Phil
Old 18 August 2002, 03:18 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SIDC sent me an email saying reply if your interested so I did so. Ive heard nothing back, can I just go ahead and book a track session on the website? I want to drive in the afternoon, but it looks like I can only get 1 session in the afternoon. Is that correct or can I book 2????

cheers

andy
Old 18 August 2002, 03:47 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sorry but Donno 7th july was the main one for me!

Open pitlane good value for money and some great motors.

I do want to do trackdays, but for me 2 x 15 min sessions is just a parade round for the pose, i would imagine its very busy with boy racers around the paddock too?

donno was great and thats what i would call a SIDC event not just a show n shine contest.
Old 18 August 2002, 06:21 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Phil, as you know i have been very involved in the track scene for years, including SIDC events in the past.

Last year i was told i couldnt go on SIDC events unless they were short on numbers (due to not driving my scoob on track), so i told them that wasnt acceptable and didnt attend any SIDC events.

Where are all these Impreza drivers that stoped me attending on an equal basis now? I said at the time it was short sited and not well thought out.

That has no bearing on this decision though, as i did attend the SIDC donington afternoon session in my scoob (which was cut short by 2 hours (50%) due to late starting, a crash and earlier than advertised finishing)

Trax holds no attraction to me at all, it simply isnt worth the agro/cost for me to attend, i would probably get 20 minutes driving when you add all the in/out laps etc. It is also on the national track, which isnt that interesting. I have driven the GP track before, for the whole day, doing 2 short sessions is useless to me personally.

If i were relatively inexperienced then maybe trax would be a good introduction to drivng on track, but for someone who has forgotten the number of times they have driven on track it has no attraction whatsoever. I couldnt care less about how many species are there to show off too either, i always drive to enjoy myself, if there is no one or thousands watching doesnt matter to me. That is an atraction to some though and trax does have a big specie following.

Why it has been left so late and then the presure has been put on the members as though if they dont sign up fast it's their fault that the SIDC isnt represented (or that this is an indication of members enthusiasm for track events) is beyond me. I am not having a go at anyone in the SIDC with this, it's just an observation that it's not been very well organised and left way too late, which is out of character for the committee as they usually do a very good job.
Old 18 August 2002, 07:27 PM
colin c
Scooby Regular

I will be there SIDC or not. This is possible the biggest car show of the year for all the main manufactures car clubs. Yes there will be lots of Saxo and Nova boy racers there, but there will also be the Mitsubishi, Skyline, Supra, Cosworth etc owners clubs, that is part of the fun of the event. How ever much I love Imprezas it does get boring if thats all you see, its good too go and look at the other cubs stands for fresh ideas whether its a tuning mod or a styling mod.

I have been the last 2 years and had an excellent time both years even though I never ventured out on track, apart from the 0-60 sprint. I think the SIDC presence will be greatly missed not just by Subaru owners, but also the Subaru fans.

Colin. Purple WRX.
Old 19 August 2002, 01:04 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I'll be going to have a look round.

From what I've seen in the past the track time does look very, very poor value for money, you'd be better off booking a trackday. I'll gaurantee now, there will be at least one car that doesn't drive home the sessions are too short so everyone goes flat knacker to try get the most laps in, I think the big crowd encourages a lot of people to try show off too.

Anyhoo, see y'all there eh?

Bob
Old 19 August 2002, 02:31 PM
James_Harvey
Scooby Regular

Wink

Trax is not a track-day.
It is effectively a show and shine / trade show, with some added attractions.

The track time is an opportunity to parade your car... Its not designed to be a track thrash, hence the comment at driver briefing that if people leave the tarmac the session will be over.

As a modified car show and shine / trade show, it's probably the biggest in the calender and thats why I'm going this year... not to spend a fortune on a very small amount of track time, but to see other cars and other car clubs, peruse the trade stand and oogle the eye candy...doh... that wasn't supposed to slip out ...

SIDC will be there, there will be a stand and there will be one track parade... sorry session at 12:30.

So enjoy a good day out, chill in the (hopeful) sun, laugh as Rover SDi's attempt to corner Gasp as yet another Cossie throws sub 4 secs 0-60

....and you lot that constantly moan that SIDC never do anything but track-days, we'll see you there right?

James.

PS: Have you seen all the "Nova's" that go? Some of them are a real work of art!
Old 19 August 2002, 03:12 PM
john b
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It's in the SIDC shop now so stop yer bleating and book up!!!!!
Old 20 August 2002, 08:50 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

i dont think so john! cheeky git.