Notices

SIDC Isle of Man Event - Who's Going?

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2002, 07:19 PM
Maz-old
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I would really love to go to this Isle of Man event in September (I hope I'm not too late to get in), but I hardly know anyone on this bbs (some notable exceptions who know who they are!) so I have not corresponded with anyone who is going. It would be good to get to know people who are going so that when I turn up, I am not a stranger. Those who know me and have chatted to me can confirm I'm a decent enough bloke, honest! (I've paid them enough, they ought to...)

Also, it'd be good to find out exactly what is likely to happen, what we are going to be doing and if anyone wants to meet up in the Essex/Hertfordshire/Bucks area to drive up together. I am in Essex, so will take M25 and then M1 and M6 I suppose.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

M.
Old 09 June 2002, 10:21 PM
Scooby Wagon
Scooby Regular

Smile

Maz

The wife & I are going but being from the North not much good for a convoy. Get yourself booked up should be a cracking do, can't see anybody being on their own especially when we all have a common intrest, been to several Scooby meets & never felt left out

Regards
Paul

Old 10 June 2002, 09:29 AM
JohnS

Talking

There are quite a few people (about 10 cars worth so far), coming frmo Scotland. Again not much good for a convoy from the SE, btu great for the parties in the evening

John
Old 10 June 2002, 01:59 PM
Maz-old
Scooby Regular

John,

My counsin live sin Sterling so might pop up to see her. Any way I can get a ferry to Scotland from the Isel of Man instead of back to Liverpool? Would it be convered by the £333.00?

Thanks for your posts.

M.
Old 10 June 2002, 03:31 PM
JohnS

Maz,

unfortunately the only ferries to the Island go to either Heysham or Liverpool[1].

About half the bookings so far have been for the Thursday morning Sea-Cat crossing from Liverpool, but most of the return journeys are on the later Heysham crossing on the Monday morning (I wonder why ).

You can choose any combination of ferries that you wish, and you can even stay on the Island for a few more days if you wish.

You would be more than welcome to join our convoy back up to Scotland on the Monday, as quite a few of us will be going past Stirling on the way home anyway (I certainly will).

John

[1] Not quite true, as you can also get ferries to/from Belfast/Dublin as well. It would be possible to go Isle of Man -> Belfast -> Troon, but this would be at extra cost, and would probably take a day longer in drving time.

We reckon it's about 3 - 4 hours maximum from Heysham -> Stirling, including a fuel stop if necessary.