TOTB Find out the latest news/discussion regarding Ten Of The best

Team Subaru TOTB 8 Applications Open

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2009, 08:28 PM
Team Subaru TOTB 8
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Subaru TOTB 8 Applications Open

I am now taking applications for consideration to be in Team Subaru for TOTB 8.

If you wish to be considered for the team, please email me with the subject line 'application'. I want to know the name of the owner of the car, the name of the driver, a reasonably brief spec. inc. approx BHP, historic results and a list of events you are entering in the run up to TOTB. If I have any questions I will get back to you, so please make sure you give me a contact number as well as your email address.

PLEASE NOTE, I do not want to hear that your mate / boyfriend / uncle / mechanic / mapper would be really good. I will only take applications for consideration from the owner of the car. Then I know it is a serious applicant.

*Everyone* that emails me as an applicant will go into my spreadsheet for consideration. I will be checking each applicant's results at historic events and those in the run up to TOTB. If you do not plan to enter anything before TOTB, your car *must* already be 100% proven in order to be considered.

If necessary, for example if an applicant is not someone I know much about, I will make reasonable efforts to see them and their car in action. I intend to be at a good few events in any case and as a side note, Santa Pod is 10 minutes drive from my house so if you are going there, tell me!

I will keep an open mind until such point as I am required to make my final team selection. My decision will be final. I will base my decision entirely on making sure we have the team that will maximise our chances of winning. Whilst I will listen to anyone with a suggestion, gripe or whatever, I will not be bribed, talked round or bullied, so don't bother trying!

It is worth saying this again, this is a team event, and the team wins by scoring the most points. Points are *only* awarded to the top 10 team car finishers in each discipline - 1/4 mile drag, top speed over the standing KM, handling circuit - with bonus points available for scoring in all 3 disciplines. As an indication of how tough it is to score points, in 2008 the 10th place on the 1/4 mile drag was a 10.59s run; 10th place on the standing KM was 169 mph; 10th place on the handling was 49.422s.

Finally, before emailing me your application for consideration please make sure that...

1. You are within the rules of the ROAD CLASS:
www.totb.co.uk/compete/rules.asp

2. You are available on Sunday 26th July 2009

I look forward to receiving those emails. Team Subaru has won for 2 consecutive years we have a lot to live up to!

Liz, Team Captain
Old 09 March 2009, 12:19 PM
Team Subaru TOTB 8
Scooby Newbie

To avoid having to update multiple threads, if you wish to see who is apllying to be considered for the team, please refer to the thread on 22b:
22B Bulletin Board: TOTB 8 Team applications

Cheers,
Liz
Old 11 March 2009, 07:28 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

no Dale (Diggle Motors) this year?
Old 11 March 2009, 09:52 PM
Team Subaru TOTB 8
Scooby Newbie

The list on 22b.com is simply the list of people that have contacted me so far, wishing to be considered for the team. It is still very early days, I expect the information has not filtered down and fully proliferated yet. The team will not be announced until the end of June

Liz