ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   TOTB (https://www.scoobynet.com/totb-382/)
-   -   Team Subaru TOTB 8 Applications Open (https://www.scoobynet.com/totb-382/751675-team-subaru-totb-8-applications-open.html)

Team Subaru TOTB 8 08 March 2009 08:28 PM

Team Subaru TOTB 8 Applications Open

I am now taking applications for consideration to be in Team Subaru for TOTB 8.

If you wish to be considered for the team, please email me with the subject line 'application'. I want to know the name of the owner of the car, the name of the driver, a reasonably brief spec. inc. approx BHP, historic results and a list of events you are entering in the run up to TOTB. If I have any questions I will get back to you, so please make sure you give me a contact number as well as your email address.

PLEASE NOTE, I do not want to hear that your mate / boyfriend / uncle / mechanic / mapper would be really good. I will only take applications for consideration from the owner of the car. Then I know it is a serious applicant.

*Everyone* that emails me as an applicant will go into my spreadsheet for consideration. I will be checking each applicant's results at historic events and those in the run up to TOTB. If you do not plan to enter anything before TOTB, your car *must* already be 100% proven in order to be considered.

If necessary, for example if an applicant is not someone I know much about, I will make reasonable efforts to see them and their car in action. I intend to be at a good few events in any case and as a side note, Santa Pod is 10 minutes drive from my house so if you are going there, tell me!

I will keep an open mind until such point as I am required to make my final team selection. My decision will be final. I will base my decision entirely on making sure we have the team that will maximise our chances of winning. Whilst I will listen to anyone with a suggestion, gripe or whatever, I will not be bribed, talked round or bullied, so don't bother trying!

It is worth saying this again, this is a team event, and the team wins by scoring the most points. Points are *only* awarded to the top 10 team car finishers in each discipline - 1/4 mile drag, top speed over the standing KM, handling circuit - with bonus points available for scoring in all 3 disciplines. As an indication of how tough it is to score points, in 2008 the 10th place on the 1/4 mile drag was a 10.59s run; 10th place on the standing KM was 169 mph; 10th place on the handling was 49.422s.

Finally, before emailing me your application for consideration please make sure that...

1. You are within the rules of the ROAD CLASS:
www.totb.co.uk/compete/rules.asp

2. You are available on Sunday 26th July 2009

I look forward to receiving those emails. Team Subaru has won for 2 consecutive years :luxhello: we have a lot to live up to!

Liz, Team Captain

Team Subaru TOTB 8 09 March 2009 12:19 PM

To avoid having to update multiple threads, if you wish to see who is apllying to be considered for the team, please refer to the thread on 22b:
22B Bulletin Board: TOTB 8 Team applications

Cheers,
Liz

powerwrx 11 March 2009 07:28 PM

no Dale (Diggle Motors) this year?

Team Subaru TOTB 8 11 March 2009 09:52 PM

The list on 22b.com is simply the list of people that have contacted me so far, wishing to be considered for the team. It is still very early days, I expect the information has not filtered down and fully proliferated yet. The team will not be announced until the end of June :)

Liz